RPGM Peasant Pete [v0.1.1] [Apple Tart]

3.80 star(s) 4 Votes

Apple_Tart_Games

Game Developer
Jan 16, 2021
I can respect that as an amateur writer myself it also keeps your games from being carbon copy, cool thing is if well done silent protags can still be very likable and endearing and Im already liking Pete's sincere nature and desire to avoid harming animals, he's a good dude and hell yeah Peasant Karate!
That's the exact sort of character I want Pete to be, so I'm glad that's coming across well even with the silent protag approach!

Kybo

Mar 27, 2022
As Kybo said, sneak your way left and reach that bone.

I guess I really messed that section up. I thought the dialogue I used right before that scene about the bone would be a big enough hint that the bone was the goal here, but I guess it wasn't enough.

Having the horse on the right probably didn't help either as it makes it seem like it's something you should hide behind.

My bad. Will revise that whenever I do an update.

Peasant Pete Dog 3.png

You can freely use this picture.

Regards Metal Gear Solid Snake-Sneaker

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
I was about to get excited because of the charming art (there can never be enough 2D art games) but then I saw that it's gonna be an episodic game... not sure how to feel about that. I personally prefer when games start off with a solid foundation and then build on top of that to expand the game. Episodic games just feel too seperated for my taste.

Apple_Tart_Games

Game Developer
Jan 16, 2021
I was about to get excited because of the charming art (there can never be enough 2D art games) but then I saw that it's gonna be an episodic game... not sure how to feel about that. I personally prefer when games start off with a solid foundation and then build on top of that to expand the game. Episodic games just feel too seperated for my taste.
I'll eventually try a game like that, but honestly, I'm more happy doing shorter stories like this. My writing is better and I stay more motivated. I feel like I can try more things too.

This series is sort of like a visual novel, so the episodic approach works better than if I just made a big game and kept adding to it, I think. I want it to be sort of like a regular sitcom thing that players can jump into every couple of months and enjoy a new, quick story with a cast of familiar characters.

We'll see how it goes.

harem.king

Aug 16, 2023
Apple_Tart_Games in the future can you please make sure there is a subfolder inside the rar file.
so when you right click and select "extract here" it extracts into a subfolder called something like
[Peasant Pete v0.1.1-pc]
instead of just dumping all the loose files all over the place.

Apple_Tart_Games

Game Developer
Jan 16, 2021
Apple_Tart_Games in the future can you please make sure there is a subfolder inside the rar file.
so when you right click and select "extract here" it extracts into a subfolder called something like
[Peasant Pete v0.1.1-pc]
instead of just dumping all the loose files all over the place.
Yeh, will do.

I assumed everyone just right clicked and did Extract to Peasant Pete folder lol.

I normally use that structure so that people don't have to extract to folder and then have to go through 2 folders to reach the exe.

Zbork

Feb 4, 2018
Enjoyed what I've managed to see of the game, but I'm finding the chase sequence frustrating even on low difficulty. Having to repeat the entire thing, with the waits and dialogue, every time you stumble, has got old very quickly for me. With the other challenges you can repeat only the last stage, and I'd recommend doing the same here.

(or, ideally, putting in an option to skip it after X tries, or slow it down significantly - as an accessibility feature if nothing else, twitch reaction minigames aren't for everyone)

Apple_Tart_Games

Game Developer
Jan 16, 2021
Enjoyed what I've managed to see of the game, but I'm finding the chase sequence frustrating even on low difficulty. Having to repeat the entire thing, with the waits and dialogue, every time you stumble, has got old very quickly for me. With the other challenges you can repeat only the last stage, and I'd recommend doing the same here.

(or, ideally, putting in an option to skip it after X tries, or slow it down significantly - as an accessibility feature if nothing else, twitch reaction minigames aren't for everyone)
Noted.

Did you actually give up on that section in the end?

The way that whole sequence is set up made it a real hassle to add in checkpoints like I did with earlier parts of the game. I'll take another look at it and see what I can do about adding those checkpoints in between the different waves. There is a checkpoint before the very last part, which is a jump.

Oh, I should be able to make it somewhat skippable. I could do it so if Easy Mini Games is on in the options, then Pete just won't trip over any of the obstacles.

EDIT: Alright, made it so if you turn on Easy Mini Games in the Options menu, then the obstacles won't affect Pete and anyone will be able to get through that section without any issues.

I'll release that updated build today or tomorrow most likely.

EDIT AGAIN lol: Going through and making it so the space between each obstacle is much wider if easy mini games is turned on, which should give anyone struggling enough time to avoid everything. I don't like making it so the rocks don't affect the player at all. I want to provide at least some way of losing, even if it is a way easier one.

Last edited:

Zbork

Feb 4, 2018
Noted.

Did you actually give up on that section in the end?

EDIT AGAIN lol: Going through and making it so the space between each obstacle is much wider if easy mini games is turned on, which should give anyone struggling enough time to avoid everything. I don't like making it so the rocks don't affect the player at all. I want to provide at least some way of losing, even if it is a way easier one.
Nice to have such a responsive creator :)

I did actually, and tinkered with the game to get me past it by not spawning the rocks in the first place, so I could see what came next. Generally I wouldn't bother, but I enjoy your writing and concepts. Your solution sounds good, thanks!

rodrigosarri

Sep 22, 2020
I'm back to heap praise on yet another game. The artwork? Stunning. The story? Fascinating, though it zips along a bit quickly for my taste. As for what the developers have up their sleeves regarding the game's chapters, I'm all ears. Now, brace yourselves for a spoiler: in the first chapter, I found myself yearning for the choice to "cum inside" or "cum outside," leaving us hanging (and no clue about the developer's intentions) about potential in-game pregnancy outcomes.

Moving on to the minigames and extras—absolutely brilliant. The way these elements weave into the narrative is nothing short of genius, especially considering how most games treat minigames as tedious distractions that break the story's spell.

A round of applause for the developer! And a little piece of advice: if pregnancy is on the cards for the game, please integrate it as a feature that encourages multiple playthroughs, rather than a last-minute twist. Trust me, tacking it on at the end just kills the vibe, at least for me.

Apple_Tart_Games

Game Developer
Jan 16, 2021
I'm back to heap praise on yet another game. The artwork? Stunning. The story? Fascinating, though it zips along a bit quickly for my taste. As for what the developers have up their sleeves regarding the game's chapters, I'm all ears. Now, brace yourselves for a spoiler: in the first chapter, I found myself yearning for the choice to "cum inside" or "cum outside," leaving us hanging (and no clue about the developer's intentions) about potential in-game pregnancy outcomes.

Moving on to the minigames and extras—absolutely brilliant. The way these elements weave into the narrative is nothing short of genius, especially considering how most games treat minigames as tedious distractions that break the story's spell.

A round of applause for the developer! And a little piece of advice: if pregnancy is on the cards for the game, please integrate it as a feature that encourages multiple playthroughs, rather than a last-minute twist. Trust me, tacking it on at the end just kills the vibe, at least for me.
Damn. Thanks for the kind words, mate.

I was actually going to do a cum inside version for that first episode, but I've done so many creampie finishes in my previous games that I wanted something more impressive. Will look to try and have both options in future though.

Glad you like the mini-game stuff. My last 2 games were pretty much just walk, talk, and basic JRPG combat. I want more than that. I got a few different systems worked out in this first Peasant Pete ep - stealth, QTE events, the timing event, and the runner section. I won't have so many going forward in each episode, but it's nice to know I can do them now and use them where they make sense in future.

I don't have any plans to put in pregnancy, at least not for this game. If I was going to do that sort of thing, I'd be more interested in building a whole game around it, rather than just having it as an optional feature. Peasant Pete's only my 3rd project though, so I'm still learning. Maybe my approach will change in future.

Thanks again for the kind comments. Means a lot and motivates me to no end!

- Apple.

Apple_Tart_Games

Game Developer
Jan 16, 2021
Sorry. Been dealing with some really annoying confidence issues lately. Always happens when I get close to releasing something lol.

But yeh, almost done with this second episode. The third one will go a lot quicker as it re-uses a lot of characters and locations from this second episode.

Here's a preview of the scene I'm putting together at the moment:

1708732852764.png

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: mogetsu and Kybo
3.80 star(s) 4 Votes