StarWarrior

Engaged Member
May 24, 2017
I'm guessing its more because red hair was very close 2nd. At least the dev takes patreon polls as advisory and doesn't base the entire direction of things on polls like a certain dev.
So what if the trap poll would been a close 2n or in the lead with just a few votes?
would he still put it or not?

Reactions: Thornhill

Siddington

Sep 11, 2017
That teaser has given me a massive impatient update boner I'll tell thee ;) I think what I love about this game is that Elly and the fact that she knows exactly what she wants. Not so much DmD naivety to slow it down, not that I mind that, but glad this is different. It's now just a case of how quickly Elly can get what she wants without pushing her luck and getting caught by mother. Wondering whether the Ada route won't be more DmD in it's progression. Can't wait to see how Emily gets integrated into this later on either :D

On the hair discussion. I have to admit I would have been perfectly happy had he stuck with blond for Elly. Although being a massive redhead fan I can't exactly complain about the change. Plus most women I knew growing up around that age changed their hair colour every month or so, so it kind of fits in a realism sense. Understand the frustration though. Still that update pic though! Down boy, down!

Imperator753

Aug 5, 2016
Well, I will reach out to Luxee and remind him there is a big contingent of people that would like to see the red hair retconned out or changed back to blond in future. Retconning would require 2/3 of day 3 and everything he's done for day 4 to be re-rendered, so that's probably not going to happen, but I will put a bug in his ear.
I would suggest something different. He actually made it easy to switch back to blonde storywise. She just has to decide at some point in game she doesn't like red hair anymore and go back to blonde. No need to redo images from other days.

Reactions: darkmine

nicktrocado

Mar 8, 2017
Plus most women I knew growing up around that age changed their hair colour every month or so, so it kind of fits in a realism sense.
I may be biased (because i love redheads) but i agree with @Siddintong it added to the realism for me. Plus she clearly has strong feelings for her dad, so in a house where every woman is (sort of) blonde it would make sense that she would tried to try to differentiate herself from the others (especially her mother) to get more attention from her father.

Ozygator

Donor
Oct 15, 2016
I may be biased (because i love redheads) but i agree with @Siddintong it added to the realism for me. Plus she clearly has strong feelings for her dad, so in a house where every woman is (sort of) blonde it would make sense that she would tried to try to differentiate herself from the others (especially her mother) to get more attention from her father.
To add another vote, I like her as a redhead too. Too many women get bad dye jobs when they try to go blonde, and hot redheads are not easy to find.

Reactions: nicktrocado
U

User_10739

Wait, so the blonde hair still won the poll and he changed it anyway?::|:
So why have a poll at all then? what if the red hair colour would be at the bottom?
Personally i like brown hair the most (yes, i know this is funny if you look at my sig/pic) and then 2 Blonde and 3: Red
I do not recall any option to keep her hair blond in that poll if it was the original poll, I do recall whiny bitches going on about all 3 women being blond then a poll and some links to sample pics showed up, none of which were blond nor was there a status quo option. Although I really like redheads I loved the original character as she was and did not like the color change and altered style and ultimately ended my patronage.

Reactions: Arcane666

StarWarrior

Engaged Member
May 24, 2017
I do not recall any option to keep her hair blond in that poll if it was the original poll, I do recall whiny bitches going on about all 3 women being blond then a poll and some links to sample pics showed up, none of which were blond nor was there a status quo option. Although I really like redheads I loved the original character as she was and did not like the color change and altered style and ultimately ended my patronage.
3 women having blonde hair? i only saw 2 the mom is not a blonde. Her hair is Silver/Grey if that is blonde then i'm a woman. Also yeah i mean, they are a family what do people expect. Should they not have the same hair colour?. Actully that makes me think.. is the dad not kinda dark haried? like dark brown/black something and the mom has that..silver surfer thing going on.
How did they get 2 blonde little girls? something is odd here!

As for the poll, i can only refer to what @paladin07 said. And by that there was a blonde option and it won, but the dev still changed to red hair.
He did do a poll.
He offered dark brown, auburn, red, blonde, medium brown, and black. Here are the images for the colors.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It came out Blonde 1st, Red a very close 2nd, Dark Brown 3, and then the others were very low. He, I guess, had made up his mind on not having 3 blondes (if you could count mom's silver hair as platinum blonde), so he went with #2. So there was his mistake.

Last edited:

paladin07

May 28, 2017
if you click on the spoiler link above you can see all the colors. The blonde he had in the poll was actually a slightly darker 'dirty' blond according to Luxee. I thought that darker blonde won the poll, with red right behind.

Anyway, I got a response from Luxee as follows:

A

asplt

It must be include more than one day story and lots of contents.
otherwise....

StarWarrior

Engaged Member
May 24, 2017
if you click on the spoiler link above you can see all the colors. The blonde he had in the poll was actually a slightly darker 'dirty' blond according to Luxee. I thought that darker blonde won the poll, with red right behind.

Anyway, I got a response from Luxee as follows:
You see this is where i get confused. He puts up a poll for people to vote. People vote that it shall stay blonde (dirty blonde) and it wins the poll. Dev changes the hair to red. And then says that he dont want to go back on decisions he made and flip flopping around. So i go back to my original question, then why put up a poll if he was going to go red hair anyway?
Paladin my buddy, help me out here. Im stuck in a loop. haha

Also if its not too much to ask, what where the numbers in the poll?

Last edited:

fullreview

Aug 3, 2017
LoL the last 2 pages of this thread are about hair color discussion.Well i can understand the frustration since this dev also wanted to add trapXD.Since he his going back to blonde in timeskip btw why do we even need a timeskip in this game?Mc will be 50yr old at that timex'Dx'Dx'D.

StarWarrior

Engaged Member
May 24, 2017
LoL the last 2 pages of this thread are about hair color discussion.Well i can understand the frustration since this dev also wanted to add trapXD.Since he his going back to blonde in timeskip btw why do we even need a timeskip in this game?Mc will be 50yr old at that timex'Dx'Dx'D.
I dont know man. Hair is important! its your first chance to dazzle people ya know. But sometimes i just dont get this dev, but then again. I hardly get myself.

I bet its a timeskip back in time before Dad messed up.
Or maybe dad screws up again and goes into prison or rehab again.
And when we come out again, its time to punch some dudes and be superdad again at the age of 50!

Reactions: vic.bellosh

paladin07

May 28, 2017
You see this is where i get confused. He puts up a poll for people to vote. People vote that it shall stay blonde (dirty blonde) and it wins the poll. Dev changes the hair to red. And then says that he dont want to go back on decisions he made and flip flopping around. So i go back to my original question, then why put up a poll if he was going to go red hair anyway?
Paladin my buddy, help me out here. Im stuck in a loop. haha

Also if its not too much to ask, what where the numbers in the poll?
Well, I will have to cross-reference the imgur image, so it IS a little bit of trouble, @StarWarrior but since I like you, here you go. Since there are only percentages, but I know there were 41 votes, I am going to //strike "guess"// CALCULATE the number of votes each option got.

22% (dark brown) (9 votes)

5% (auburn - dark brown with reddish hue) (2 votes)

27% (red) (11 votes)

32% (dirty blonde) (13 votes)

2% (medium brown) (1 vote)

12% (black) (5 votes)

Poll ended Jul 23, 2017 41 votes total

As to the timeskip issue, you know that he could just skip forward like, 2-3 months and the daughter has gotten tired of the red and has let the hair grow out and dyed it back to the original color (making the hair match the blonde roots again).

U

User_10739

Quite honestly there should have been "leave as is" option on that poll.
I still play it however I like now prefer Iris/Emily over Elly. I don't get why when you release something get people invested in it then start changing character names and appearances???

Reactions: darkmine

StarWarrior

Engaged Member
May 24, 2017
Well, I will have to cross-reference the imgur image, so it IS a little bit of trouble, @StarWarrior but since I like you, here you go. Since there are only percentages, but I know there were 41 votes, I am going to //strike "guess"// CALCULATE the number of votes each option got.

27% (red) (11 votes)

12% (black) (5 votes)

As to the timeskip issue, you know that he could just skip forward like, 2-3 months and the daughter has gotten tired of the red and has let the hair grow out and dyed it back to the original color (making the hair match the blonde roots again).
Aww!:firstimekiss: Thank you!
(always so nice to me!:happyblush)

so only "2 vote'ish" difference? maybe he should have had one more poll after that one.
With only Dirty blonde and red hair just to really make it clear. But it would not matter since he still picked red hair.
Anyway we will get blonde hair back or something so lets see how that goes.

DarkOcelote

Oct 7, 2017

27% (red) (11 votes)

12% (black) (5 votes)

Is it just me or is the option with the most amount of votes actually the red one? When you actually click the link before the 32%

Reactions: Ozygator

anschwww

May 10, 2017
27% (red) (11 votes)

pRlaKis.png 27% is dirty blonde and 6JU2CEo.png 32% is red ;)

Red won :FuckYea:

Thornhill

Sep 18, 2017
Maybe it's not exactly the hair color that got to me, it's the change in the hairdo. The hairdo in the first Elly version was just perfect , the way it slightly covered her eyes, it was a 10. Maybe if Luxee changed the color, but didn't cut her hair, that would've worked. But i'm now more worried about the Dev's "let's make this up as we go along". Huge kudos for Paladin here , for letting us see what's going on in the kitchen. He's bringing up time leaps now ? That's a dead giveway that he's written himself into a corner.

4.20 star(s) 214 Votes