• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

noonenonenot

May 13, 2018
i wanted more :( i know it just pixels but it arouses me somehow, and its entertaining. I havent found others platformers i enjoy as much.

BFGLives

Donor
Nov 28, 2017
is there any other games like this? i'm hungry for this kind of game
As someone mentioned earlier, there's Anthophobia which is really good. There's a game called Virus Z that is a straight up ripoff of Parasite in City, but the animation is choppy, gameplay isn't as good, and it's generally not very great.

Reactions: dexterdx

Back

Aug 3, 2017
*Le sigh* Too bad these guys aren't around anymore. I wonder what ever did happen to them. Wasn't it something like the laws changed; thus, they had to shut down? It sucks since they were working on a sequel or another game, iirc. Y'know, every time one of y'all post in this thread, I'm like maybe this is it and a miracle happened! Only to be disappointed... lol.

DrWinterCold

Jun 11, 2019
okay i'm having trouble with the first stage. I can't find the ladder. I watch a walkthrough and it shows the ladder while mine was an infinite loop of the second and third room with the zombie and fly

Raventheous

Jun 15, 2018
Just so you know, you can unlock the entire gallery and enable the cheat options on the main menu by tweaking your sav.ini file at Users/[yourusername]/AppData/Local/parasite_in_city/ and changing the "stage" value to 3.000000 like so
Code:
[info]
stage=3.000000
and also by tweaking the gallery.ini in the same folder with
Code:
[enemy]
1=1.000000
2=1.000000
3=1.000000
4=1.000000
5=1.000000
6=1.000000
7=1.000000
these folders dont show up for me how do I access them? on windows 10 don't know if that's it or not Edit Nvm figured it out had to go into a different folder finally found it

Last edited:

mk40

Jul 23, 2018
i wanted more :( i know it just pixels but it arouses me somehow, and its entertaining. I havent found others platformers i enjoy as much.
It's just pixels, but it's damn good pixel art animation, that's why (especially taking in count the size/resolution of the character). That's the strong point of this game, the way the character is posed and animated. Because let's be honest, on the gameplay side, there would be room for improvement. ;)

BFGLives

Donor
Nov 28, 2017
It's just pixels, but it's damn good pixel art animation, that's why (especially taking in count the size/resolution of the character). That's the strong point of this game, the way the character is posed and animated. Because let's be honest, on the gameplay side, there would be room for improvement. ;)
I agree there's definitely room for improvement, but also I always figured the clunky nature of the controls were there to make it more of a survival game, like Resident Evil's tank controls back in the day.

Despite the clunky controls, I still think it's more fun to play than a lot of other H platformers with pixel art. The banging is just extra icing on the cake.

Reactions: mk40

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Iris Action was pretty good as I recall. Might want to give that one a try, guys, if you haven't already.

BFGLives

Donor
Nov 28, 2017
its 2019 any info if the sequel is still on the way?
So far I don't think any of us have been able to find anything concrete, unfortunately. To summarize, the game was set to be sold on Steam, but then Pixel Factory made an official post that it was fraud and whoever was posting on steam was a fraud.

No information other than that so far except a few unverified claims.

4.30 star(s) 30 Votes