Others Paradise Overlap [v0.5.5 V.I.P] [Paradise Overlap]

3.40 star(s) 7 Votes

DudePersonA

Aug 24, 2018
Neat tech demo. I'm interested in seeing where they plan to go with this. I think the game is going to need more.... either more minigames, more/varied sex scenes per character, or perhaps story beats (which is part of what made VA-11 Hall-A).

mysktar_

Feb 3, 2020
I loved VA-11! The concept is great, hoping to see more...

(also devs name are PsyberPsycho!!)

Brokoga

Jul 23, 2017
The amount of basic features locked in the public version makes me think this game isn't worthwhile to even look at. If they lock basic things imagine how much other shit they will lock behind paywalls.

Aderyn

Dec 14, 2019
So i wont talk about the paywall, many did before me and i wholeheartedly agree it is much to aggressive.
Seems that a lot of people played va11halla here and had similar vibes when trying this and i did so myself but i must mention a few things that va11halla did very well in its gameplay that might be good to consider to implement it here in one way. In a game where we will mix dozens and dozens of drinks it is very important to give the drink mixing minigame not just proper intractability (which we already have) but fluidity and speed. Right now, unless i really missed something with the drag and drop system it is quiet tedious to make more complex drinks. Va11halla solved this by giving every component a hotkey, Demon Speakeasy gave the option for doubles beyond the fact that we could just click on ingredients. Im not sure if this is a conscious design choice or or just the lack of polish at this point either way i recommend lookin into it for user experience. The second part is something that im rather sure is an effect of the early build, but as of right now there is very little variety for the gameplay, especially for the drink selection. Not gonna go back to the va11halla guessing games here but Demon Speakeasy made a very good trait system for the drink which gave depth and an other dimention when selecting what to make. Of course there are a lot more options that can be added but these are the ones i already saw work.
Overall im looking forward to the progress, i have very few games on watch list and i hope this one will stay on it.

n0b0di

Nov 17, 2017
bruh i failed 3 times shaking the first drink, do i just shake it very hard? cause my game has a slight mouse lags whenever i moves it too hard.

*stupid me, i think "On the rock" means i have to add an ice.

Aerrae

Apr 26, 2020
bruh i failed 3 times shaking the first drink, do i just shake it very hard? cause my game has a slight mouse lags whenever i moves it too hard.

*stupid me, i think "On the rock" means i have to add an ice.
Not much of a drinker eh? Yeah. On the rocks is on ice.

mysktar_

Feb 3, 2020
New version is up. They at least put the save feature in the free version now and it has 2 new girls and a glossary to give you info to help with everyone's questions. But they also made the game slightly more tedious because they nerfed how much % you get for each question you answer correctly. Your budget starts dropping if you skip customers, but there seems to be no game over for going negative yet.
to be honest its a really good update. I didn't like how the % depended on luck only, there were cases were you could have 5 to 10% and they would accept, and others were you had 70% and still failed to get the sex scene, the punishment for skipping clients its good, bc its a bar, and skipping them obv should give some kind of penalty

mysktar_

Feb 3, 2020
That's still there, though. The only change is that you gain 4% for getting the right dialogue instead of 5.

Sure, until you're left with 1 girl to unlock the CG for and you don't want to waste time serving customers who aren't her.
i would like to think that in the future when shop is added into the game, there will be a upgrade to skip customers/remove dudes or increase the chances to get a girl which CG you haven't unlocked yet

Aderyn

Dec 14, 2019
The new changes are welcome with the update, rather sad that the mixing didnt get any updates. Still its rather annoying to make some of the bigger coctails.

3.40 star(s) 7 Votes