DAIMOND

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2022
The thread is updated with a hotfix. Here is the changelog:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you have any other bug reports or suggestions, you can tell me here or on Discord. Thank you for playing 'OverSoul'

(Funny thing - when I downloaded the game for some debugging, Windows Defender decided that a file that I myself created, compressed, and uploaded, was in fact infected with a virus...Probably need to fix this somehow.)

Last edited:

UncleTom123

May 4, 2019
watacac or wacatac or whatever the fuck microsoft named it has had so many false positives, that if I'd ever get a file infected with it, I'd would probably just think it's another false positive. A few months ago pretty much any compressed archive would be falsely flagged.

Reactions: DAIMOND

yuuy22

Oct 9, 2018
I downloaded it and tried to play, I've got a character and was finished setting a schedule only to find that it would not let me proceed, even with a full daytime schedule. So I used the auto-generate schedule to generate a schedule, and still cannot proceed. So I filled out my nighttime schedule too, but still cannot proceed. What do I do to actually play?

DAIMOND

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2022
I downloaded it and tried to play, I've got a character and was finished setting a schedule only to find that it would not let me proceed, even with a full daytime schedule. So I used the auto-generate schedule to generate a schedule, and still cannot proceed. So I filled out my nighttime schedule too, but still cannot proceed. What do I do to actually play?
Make sure your 'specification' slots aren't empty. If you still can't proceed, please send me your save file so I can see what's wrong.

Feb 15, 2022
Check if it's the 9th month of your pregnancy. If so, then you must choose one day to give birth in order to proceed. If not, check if you've invited someone. If you have, then you must choose a location and outfit during the evening to proceed. If neither, please send me your save file so I can see what's wrong.
My character is a male and is only in the second week, I don't know how I managed to pass the first week

Feb 15, 2022
Send me your save file so I can see what's wrong. Also is this a consistent issue or is it a one-time thing?
It isn't a consitent issue in a way because I downloaded the game the game 2 days ago, when I tried to pass through the first day I didn't even know how it happened because the same thing was happening but now I can't do anything to continue

DAIMOND

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2022
It isn't a consitent issue in a way because I downloaded the game the game 2 days ago, when I tried to pass through the first day I didn't even know how it happened because the same thing was happening but now I can't do anything to continue
You didn't choose a location for hangout. Here, I fixed it.

YinBlack

Sep 24, 2017
Harem could be added as a potential feature, perhaps during Alpha. Random event system is already planned and will be added at around Pre-Alpha 3-4. Babysitter will most likely get added around this time as well.

I can see why you'd feel that the interactions are robotic. Although fixing this would be quite difficult, I think a good start would be to write up a bunch of NPC responses based on their trait combinations (e.g. proud+unpleasant, proud+nice, proud+shy, proud+shy+nice, etc.). If you have any other suggestions please let me know.

However, I'm not quite sure why you thought the sex scenes felt lifeless. I thought a lot of things about the sex scenes but 'lifeless' had never even crossed my mind. Perhaps it's related to the first issue where the interaction felt robotic? I'd appreciate it if you could elaborate on this.

These bugs will be fixed. Thanks for the report.

If you mean custom pictures, then you can already import them in-game as a character's profile image (Overview->Set image). If you mean pre-generated pictures, then it will be quite...difficult, considering how many options you have for physical customization. I could probably add it, but not anytime soon.

The game will outright refuse to run if:
1. You're using an OS other than Windows.
2. You're not using Windows 10 or higher.
3. You're trying to run the game on network shares rather than on a physical drive.
Let me know if your circumstances meet any of these criteria.

It is a false positive, so you can safely allow it on your device. Apparently, many hackers used Python exe compiler to build their malware. This causes some antiviruses to flag completely innocent software like mine as malicious simply because it uses a compilation method similar to those malware.

It could become a possibility in the future, maybe sometimes during Pre-Alpha. For now, every single character has a unique sense that allows them to figure out what genital(s) someone has at first glance.

There WAS going to be a way to edit any aspect of a character, including money, in the debugging menu for this update. But this got cut due to time constraints. For the second question - you can choose what job you'll get by changing location (you can only get a soldier job at the barracks, for example).

What options did you set during character creation? And did you manage to replicate it or is this just a one-time thing? If you do, then please save the character settings and send it to me.

Thank you for all the replies.
hello. I read the answer late.

I thought the same thing. maybe something I did in character creation caused it. So I tried to finish it as soon as you enter the character creation without changing anything but the same thing happened.

ok. I just tried doing this last one again and it works. so it's something of the character configuration. I will try to change some things

I've tried several times and it just doesn't work. I tried a couple of different settings and they all get me out. I will leave you here the first character I made. Can you point out where the error is?

Last edited:

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
hello. I read the answer late.

I thought the same thing. maybe something I did in character creation caused it. So I tried to finish it as soon as you enter the character creation without changing anything but the same thing happened.

ok. I just tried doing this last one again and it works. so it's something of the character configuration. I will try to change some things

I've tried several times and it just doesn't work. I tried a couple of different settings and they all get me out. I will leave you here the first character I made. Can you point out where the error is?
Do you have windows or another OS?

YinBlack

Sep 24, 2017
Do you have windows or another OS?
or sorry i forgot to leave my character file. I just found the error anyway. I saved the PJ in the saves folder and that apparently caused the problem. because when saving it in the characters folder it let me start the game

dumb mistake on my part. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for taking the time to reply.

Erotiane

Jul 12, 2020
it would be really nice to expand attraction system, and to differentiate male prefs and female prefs.
I explain: if I like both men and women, I might prefer manly males with flat chest, and womanly females with breasts, but I would not like breasted feminine males or masculine females with flat chest.
With current system, I can be attracted to both males and females but then if I set up my character as liking masculine NPC, then it makes me be attracted to both masculine males and masculine females, etc...
It would be nice to have attraction preferences too on skin, hair length, maybe even hair and eyes color

Last edited:

DAIMOND

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2022
it would be really nice to expand attraction system, and to differentiate male prefs and female prefs.
I explain: if I like both men and women, I might prefer manly males with flat chest, and womanly females with breasts, but I would not like breasted feminine males or masculine females with flat chest.
With current system, I can be attracted to both males and females but then if I set up my character as liking masculine NPC, then it makes me be attracted to both masculine males and masculine females, etc...
It would be nice to have attraction preferences too on skin, hair length, maybe even hair and eyes color
The first one might be a bit more challenging to do, so I'm unsure if it will be added. The second will be added eventually though. Thanks for the suggestion.

Fakecrash

May 26, 2017
sad wanted to play but i get errors trying to start the game

first i got ''The program can't start because api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer.''

fixed that one and got a new one after it :cry:

The application failed to start correctly (0xc000007b)

• Sad
Reactions: rKnight

DAIMOND

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2022
sad wanted to play but i get errors trying to start the game

first i got ''The program can't start because api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer.''

fixed that one and got a new one after it :cry:

The application failed to start correctly (0xc000007b)
You can only play on Windows 10 or higher

• Sad
Reactions: Fakecrash

Spoompls11

Nov 25, 2020
View attachment 2773327

Overview:
‘OverSoul’ is a text-based life-sim RPG, where you create your character and live your daily life in a world where anthropomorphic races are the norm. You can perform various activities, get a job, work, earn promotions, build relationships, have sex, get knocked (or knock someone) up, and have children. The NPCs also live their own life, improve their own skills, and interact with each other independently from the player.
Current game length: 12 in-game months​

Thread Updated: 2023-08-10
Release Date: 2023-08-08
Developer: DAIMOND -
Censored: No
Version: Pre-Alpha2
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

IS THAT MOTHERFUCKING DONNER, DAGGER FUR HIRE IN THE SCREENSHOTS LMAAAOOOOO

Reactions: random909

Snoipah

May 25, 2017
I love this, wish I found it just a little sooner.
Keeping a close eye on it, make sure to also update some of the tags.
Cheers.

Reactions: DAIMOND
3.70 star(s) 3 Votes