Others - OverSoul [vPre-Alpha-4] [DAIMOND]

1. 4.00 star(s)

0Synergy

Concept is cool but there are a ton of bugs also allow saving or a form of quick save mid week a few times now I was 5-6 days in then the text would all go blank forcing me to restart from the end of the previous week.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Mykul

Summary:
    The game is a decent sim game for an alternate to New Life if one were searching for something similar. Not much content as it is still in alpha, but I still find it to be enjoyable.

Gameplay:
    The game plays well in its current version (alpha2) and I have not experienced any crashes thus far. However, the lack of content harms the overall experience, although the foundation for an expansion of the game is present such as the stats and skills of the player, but I have yet to find a reason to improve upon them in its current state (alpha2).

The time system of the game is fine; it isn't short nor is it long though it is of my preference. The scheduling of time is quite similar to New Life but expanded, although the locations in the game is bare bones and has little content outside of doing work to get money. Despite its issues, I found it to be quite entertaining although not at the same level as Lilith's Throne or Eragames

NPCs in the game are present but not interesting. They have little flavour or content regarding these NPCs, and are more of a "click this button to get higher relations" interactions. So far there is no romance interactions outside of sex; although you can invite them privately, there is no added options to be more intimate since it is currently limited to just hugging (like at least let me pat them or kiss them :/).

Interactions are limited to just talking, one physical act, and fucking. In regards to the sex system of the game, it is more closely aligned to Lilith's Throne albeit not as interesting. It's done it's fundamental purpose of being fap material but it is limited to one's own imagination - a fundamental issue of text-based games.

Unlike in some Eragames where an NPC has their own randomized image, there is no portraits to depict the NPC, nor is there a visualized depiction of clothing as it is just a text description unlike Lilith's Throne which is quite a shame although not very important.

The UI and navigation isn't much of an issue, although if one were to increase text size or button size, the buttons of the UI will clip through its border and sending it to the UI void. It can be fixed by simply decreasing the size but it is a problem for users with smaller monitors or resolutions.

Writing:
    The writing isn't bad nor interesting outside of sex interactions. I can't really say much about the writing.

Graphics:
    The game is in dark mode. Can't say much about the graphics since its a text-based game but it could be better like Lilith's throne or perhaps add some basic animation for sex scenes like in EraTW.

Issues:
    - The user cannot forget NPCs in their relationship tab which can be quite tedious to navigate through to find the NPC that the player has good relations with amongst the cluster of NPCs with low relationships. Perhaps add a forget button when the player selects the NPC.
    - In the relations tab, NPCs aren't arranged based on relationship points but on the order of which the NPCs were first interacted by the player. Perhaps have a sort button.
    - The player cannot have friends or romances, just interactions like an acquaintance or a fling.
    - Clothing options are limited to both genders.
    - Money isn't very important outside of paying rent and for their diet, making it useless when the player has thousands of it laying around. Perhaps have a cost for going to the bar or hotel whenever the player goes there for hangouts or drinking.
    - No random events, making each day in the game the same thing a hundred times over. Could be expanded like in New Life or in EraK.
    - Character customization is bit limited. Perhaps adding more morphs, adding a backgrounds setting, or go through some kind of childhood events for stats and skill increase like in Bannerlord or Liberal Squad.
    - No RPG content. Perhaps add work events that does a stat check for more money, or to escape danger. Perhaps add an exploration option when scheduling their month so the player could roleplay as a fantasy adventurer slaying monsters, gathering materials, or exploring dungeons or finding new dungeons for money and prestige which can be used to improve the player's house turning it to a caste by the end.
    - No promotions when working.
    - Sex scenes are limited and very short. Why can't I cum for 10 more times? Why limit the amount the player can cum? Can't the player cum like a horse so I can cumflate my partner? Personally, I prefer the system in Lilith's Throne, or a time limit like in EraK.
    - For some reason training, studying, or exercising doesn't increase the intended attribute
  3. 3.00 star(s)

BobCarter

This is in early alpha status, is free, but it's very clunky and crashed in my case when you finally have anal sex. I can see this getting better once daily planning is either removed, or remade to be less fiddly and annoying. (manually moving to locations and doing tasks would be far better)

It's a simulation, without anything meaningful happening, it will likely improve.

This review is as of PreAlpha1-hotfix1