Ren'Py Our Red String, new EvaKiss game discussion thread

Baka!

Jul 25, 2017
Ngl, I actually prefer the old art style. Plus, whoever she hired to do the shading is shit, the shadows are all over the place.
Actually your point is very valid, the truth is that a midpoint between the old style and the new one would be ideal, the new style has an excessively marked shading in my opinion, although both the old style and the new one are good in my opinion

Reactions: Casual Voyeur

slider

Jul 14, 2017
While I like the new design and believe it will help displaying richer scenes with more depth and variety, I think the shading is too strong and saturated. Maybe it was done by someone without a properly calibrated monitor.

This could be "fixed" by simply toning the shading down a notch. Anyway, I'm sure the new design will prove to be a great addition.

Cicica

Jan 5, 2018
tomorrow is the big day, can't wait :giggle:
Me neither, she stepped up the quality of the art and the characters that she showed us are so interesting that I can't wait to see how it develops. Also, for a first release I don't expect anything huge in terms of gameplay, but she gave me the impression that it's not going to be a release just for the sake of it. I honestly can't wait since GGGB was one of my favorite games here.

Brickman

May 26, 2017
Ngl, I actually prefer the old art style. Plus, whoever she hired to do the shading is shit, the shadows are all over the place.
Couldn't disagree more. I think the new coloring adds a lot of visual quality to the images, the colors are vibrant and rich and the bodies gain a lot of volume and definition. It's saturated but almost all hentai art is, and does a great job of catching your eye. I guess everyone is entitled to their own taste but it's impossible for me to not see the huge improvement this is, even better than most professional VN I've played

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

Our Red String final teaser

Our Red String chapter 1 will be released tomorrow! This is the final bit of teasing I'm doing before launching the Alpha, and it's to show you another aspect of the game where I've invested the money you entrusted me with!

Backgrounds are very labour intensive and expensive to make. The only way of producing backgrounds I could afford money and time-wise when I was developing GGGB was editing and painting over stock photos, but that's not the case anymore! I've hired professional artists to create vivid and highly-detailed scenarios, custom made for ORS! I think they add a lot of character to the game and improves it's look and production values to a whole new standard, in sum with the new sprites. ORS is a game to be played in Full-Screen!

I'm biased of course, but I think the game looks amazing, especially when compared to my last project... I almost feel bad seeing how ugly GGGB looks in comparison! But I'm equally proud to see how far we've come and super excited with what's to come. The User Interface has also been greatly improved, but you'll have to wait and play ORS to see it!

gggb vs ors1.jpg

gggb vs ors1B.jpg

Cicica

Jan 5, 2018

Our Red String chapter 1 will be released tomorrow! This is the final bit of teasing I'm doing before launching the Alpha, and it's to show you another aspect of the game where I've invested the money you entrusted me with!

Backgrounds are very labour intensive and expensive to make. The only way of producing backgrounds I could afford money and time-wise when I was developing GGGB was editing and painting over stock photos, but that's not the case anymore! I've hired professional artists to create vivid and highly-detailed scenarios, custom made for ORS! I think they add a lot of character to the game and improves it's look and production values to a whole new standard, in sum with the new sprites. ORS is a game to be played in Full-Screen!

I'm biased of course, but I think the game looks amazing, especially when compared to my last project... I almost feel bad seeing how ugly GGGB looks in comparison! But I'm equally proud to see how far we've come and super excited with what's to come. The User Interface has also been greatly improved, but you'll have to wait and play ORS to see it!

View attachment 599438

View attachment 599439
Duuuuude can't wait to play it <3

Reactions: KDXvd and SpikeZg

Brickman

May 26, 2017
More to my point! Look at that! Even Eva Kiss says GGGB looks bad compared to the new game, you surely can see how crude the sprites and backgrounds look in comparison...It looks like a game developed by a professional studio. Those new graphics are mouth-watering to me at least... I'm beyond impressed, she's a dev I can get behind of gladly

Baka!

Jul 25, 2017
I have to say it... I'm very impressed, somehow I liked the new style of characters but I was not impressed, but seeing the backgrounds drawn along with the new characters... Damn, this really looks like a animation's series for adults. Amazing!

MrHero67

Aug 17, 2019

View attachment 599438

View attachment 599439
Looking Amazing! Cant wait to play

Dysphorika

May 5, 2019
The new art style isn't bad, looks more realistic? stylized? dunno.
But for the other side, makes me think on apps like choices, dunno why.

Reactions: Gigalomaniac

gusxxx

Nov 28, 2017
Old background were just pictures with some kind blur/cartoon filter.

Now backgrounds are also drawn, it blends much better.

Sherka

Oct 1, 2017

View attachment 599438

View attachment 599439
Damn, the game looks so good, the character designs are great and the drawn backgrounds look gorgeous, I can't wait to play it

Reactions: Elemo