Ren'Py Our Red String, new EvaKiss game discussion thread

KekKoo

Apr 4, 2018
I READ THROUGH THIS WHOLE THREAD (WHILE BEING LUCKY TO DO SO A DAY BEFORE THE ALPHA RELEASE) AND I COULDN'T BE ANYMORE EXCITED FOR THIS! :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

I can't BEGIN to describe how my hype levels CONTINUOUSLY raised while going through this thread, and I LOVE EVERYTHING about this already. The two protagonists, the characters we've seen aside from them, the background, art style, I'M DROOOLING HERE!

EDIT:
I COULDN'T BE ANYMORE EXCITED FOR THIS
I'm sure that I'll be proven wrong if this journey through this whole thread is anything to go by. :giggle:

scor099

Aug 6, 2018

Our Red String final teaser

Our Red String chapter 1 will be released tomorrow! This is the final bit of teasing I'm doing before launching the Alpha, and it's to show you another aspect of the game where I've invested the money you entrusted me with!

Backgrounds are very labour intensive and expensive to make. The only way of producing backgrounds I could afford money and time-wise when I was developing GGGB was editing and painting over stock photos, but that's not the case anymore! I've hired professional artists to create vivid and highly-detailed scenarios, custom made for ORS! I think they add a lot of character to the game and improves it's look and production values to a whole new standard, in sum with the new sprites. ORS is a game to be played in Full-Screen!

I'm biased of course, but I think the game looks amazing, especially when compared to my last project... I almost feel bad seeing how ugly GGGB looks in comparison! But I'm equally proud to see how far we've come and super excited with what's to come. The User Interface has also been greatly improved, but you'll have to wait and play ORS to see it!

View attachment 599438

View attachment 599439
anything new?

GXT145

Oct 22, 2017
anything new?
Nothing on her patreon so far. Looking at the time she uploads something I guess she is located in Europe and it is very early here... I just wanna say she is just a hooman and has to sleep too.. unlike her followers.

uspp

Jan 5, 2019
It's finally here! I'm excited and nervous to see what you guys think. I hope there's enough content for a first release, and I want to hear your thoughts and opinions.

What do you think about the new presentation? Graphics, UI, displayables...?

Brickman

May 26, 2017
I know we're all eager to play it but in good conscience I will subscribe to Eva to play this first release. She's doing an amazing work and I'm more than willing to throw some money her way to fund my favourite adult game developer. If this is anywhere near as good as GGGB it's going to be something to behold

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Request thread is up: https://f95zone.to/threads/our-red-string-chapter-one-alpha.48812/

I know we're all eager to play it but in good conscience I will subscribe to Eva to play this first release. She's doing an amazing work and I'm more than willing to throw some money her way to fund my favourite adult game developer. If this is anywhere near as good as GGGB it's going to be something to behold
I will check out the first release and then decide to upgrade my tier. Meanwhile I concentrate my money on some few devs showing regular outputs, working with passion and devotion. Next to paperwork and MrDots is definitely EvaKiss.

SumTingWong0420

Aug 30, 2018
Playing android port & 2 errors in the 1st 2 minutes, this is the 2nd error
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
TypeError: unbound method get_tooltip() must be called with Return instance as first argument (got nothing instead)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 475, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1949, in execute
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1937, in call
File "renpy/statements.py", line 277, in call
File "renpy/exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
File "renpy/ui.py", line 297, in interact
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2702, in interact
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3515, in interact_core
File "renpy/display/focus.py", line 407, in mouse_handler
File "renpy/display/focus.py", line 362, in change_focus
File "renpy/display/focus.py", line 109, in set_focused
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 749, in _get_tooltip
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 363, in get_tooltip
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 373, in get_tooltip
TypeError: unbound method get_tooltip() must be called with Return instance as first argument (got nothing instead)

```

ReakZ

May 5, 2020
Playing android port & 2 errors in the 1st 2 minutes, this is the 2nd error
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 475, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1949, in execute
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1937, in call
File "renpy/statements.py", line 277, in call
File "renpy/exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
File "renpy/ui.py", line 297, in interact
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2702, in interact
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3515, in interact_core
File "renpy/display/focus.py", line 407, in mouse_handler
File "renpy/display/focus.py", line 362, in change_focus
File "renpy/display/focus.py", line 109, in set_focused
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 749, in _get_tooltip
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 363, in get_tooltip
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 373, in get_tooltip

```
Same error here