• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
What do you feel if I say, July 4th?

It's the same that I feel when you May 4th and I see, 04/05/2024, now you don't know if I mean April 5th or May 4th, and neither do I... What makes more sense, 350 million people changing, or 7,5 billion?

Peace :D
Absolutely nothing. Because IMO that stuff is interchangeable. Here's what I don't get and I'm gonna pick on the Brits again, because they pick on the French. BUT, they use the French spelling of every word they possibly can. Colour, and so on, and so on. But, they like to make fun of the French. Shit don't add up to me.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Absolutely nothing. Because IMO that stuff is interchangeable. Here's what I don't get and I'm gonna pick on the Brits again, because they pick on the French. BUT, they use the French spelling of every word they possibly can. Colour, and so on, and so on. But, they like to make fun of the French. Shit don't add up to me.
That's because Brits, despite what they might claim, feel inferior to French and want to copy them. It's clearly from the time when William the Bastard, or William of Normandy as he was otherwise known, conquered England. :p

• Red Heart
Reactions: FatGiant

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I just wonder why you mention the Brits to me.

I've never even set foot there.

So?

Peace :)

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
Nah, Celsius is quite logical and easy to understand in common situations of everyday life. Fahrenheit is the weird one to understand since it doesn't follow as logical scale as Celsius does. Everyone here understands what kind of temperatures to expect when you tell them that it's 25º and be ready for them when you go out, for example.
If someone tells me it's 25, I'm not going out. Way too cold. If they're using C they're way too far away to be even asking, or just weird.

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
I mean, of course it's your right to use illogical measurements if you want just as it is our right as non-US citizens to chuckle at your expense. :p

Also in that specific example most people would just round it to be 38º in Celsius, since it's close enough that you won't notice difference between 37.7778 and 38. :D
As he said, it takes place in the US. Nobody would be giving the outside temperature in Celsius.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I just wonder why you mention the Brits to me.

I've never even set foot there.

So?

Peace :)
Because they're my only frame of reference for people who use census that I'm actually close friends with. I'm not mentioning it to you per say, just in general airing my thoughts on the topic. Nothing personal at all.

• Haha
Reactions: FatGiant

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Because they're my only frame of reference for people who use census that I'm actually close friends with. I'm not mentioning it to you per say, just in general airing my thoughts on the topic. Nothing personal at all.
Ok. Now you have Portugal as another reference... LOL

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023
I mean, of course it's your right to use illogical measurements if you want just as it is our right as non-US citizens to chuckle at your expense. :p

Also in that specific example most people would just round it to be 38º in Celsius, since it's close enough that you won't notice difference between 37.7778 and 38. :D
The tail end of my paramedic career they started making input body temperatures in Celsius but gave us only thermometers that measured in Fahrenheit and the computer program we entered it into could not convert it like it could pounds to kilograms. I was constantly using my phone to make the calculations. The week I retired they finally updated the computer program to convert it for us. Fuck I hated that last year I worked.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Ok. Now you have Portugal as another reference... LOL

The majority of people from the states think of one name when they hear the word Portugal. What do you think that name is?

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
The tail end of my paramedic career they started making input body temperatures in Celsius but gave us only thermometers that measured in Fahrenheit and the computer program we entered it into could not convert it like it could pounds to kilograms. I was constantly using my phone to make the calculations. The week I retired they finally updated the computer program to convert it for us. Fuck I hated that last year I worked.
I feel for you. That sounds like SUCH a pain in the ass!

Reactions: divingmedic

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Please never mention that the Brits invented something, because we all know they think they invented everything! Yet another running joke Cenc and I have. :p
Well it is kind of true. Few years back that group of Japanese scientists counted, and by their count about half of everything invented ever was Britain. A tiny island inventing as much as the rest of the world put together ain't bad.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Zoey Raven: "The majority of people from the states think of one name when they hear the word Portugal. What do you think that name is?"

For me, it's not Cristiano Ronaldo.

Let's kick this up a notch! Are you feeling the love!? 1715295800532.png

Reactions: c_oriole

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Well it is kind of true. Few years back that group of Japanese scientists counted, and by their count about half of everything invented ever was Britain. A tiny island inventing as much as the rest of the world put together ain't bad.
Never said they didn't, I said don't tell them! :p

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
The majority of people from the states think of one name when they hear the word Portugal. What do you think that name is?
Ronaldo? Nelly Furtado? Katy Perry? Tom Hanks? Colombo? Brazil? Port Wine? Peri-Peri? Magellan?

I dunno... we made so many things...

Pre-Paid Sim Cards? Pastel de Nata?

I give up...

• Haha
Reactions: Walter Victor

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Ronaldo? Nelly Furtado? Katy Perry? Tom Hanks? Colombo? Brazil? Port Wine? Peri-Peri? Magellan?

I dunno... we made so many things...

Pre-Paid Sim Cards? Pastel de Nata?

I give up...
It's Ronaldo and there's not even really a close second. Not saying great things don't come from your country, that's just the first thing people will think of off the top of their head, in the states anyway. Men think of him because he's your most known world class athlete to us, and women, well I'll let you guess that.

4.50 star(s) 129 Votes