Cheat Mod RAGS [ON HIATUS] No Haven: Cheat Mod [v0.79 TF] [Bedlam games]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
Something that I've noticed is that the "Chose 1 from 5 randomly generated slavers" almost always generates Masters/Mistresses (Trainer trait). Which can be a bit of an impediment when you're wanting to create a Skybreaker (Flying) or Outrider (Fleet) or two to go exploring (as Masters/Mistresses very rarely have these traits).

I also noticed that Mercenaries were producing mainly Trainers, until I leveled up Infiltration, at which point I stopped getting Mercenaries altogether. I also had occasions of Mercenaries hired not turning up in my roster.

Unfortunately No Haven is a very non-robust game (probably because it was developed in RAGS, which is meant for exploring rooms, and picking up objects, and talking to people, you find in them, rather than complex team management), so any alteration can have decidedly odd consequences.
I appreciate the bug reporting, but that is an issue with the game, not with anything I have done, since my generate random slaver / slave /mercenary function just reuses the slave / slaver generation function in the game.

As for desired traits, the v3 of the cheat mod - which should be ready this Sunday, that is the aim at least - will let you set your desired traits and aspects on yourself, your slavers and your slaves. It will also let you alter their race, gender and bodies.

Reactions: DrLopunny

Zargod

Sep 8, 2017
I appreciate the bug reporting, but that is an issue with the game, not with anything I have done, since my generate random slaver / slave /mercenary function just reuses the slave / slaver generation function in the game.
Given that the "chose 5" cheat explicitly offers the option of "None of them and take the bonus instead" (part of the Rank leveling up mechanic), and offers (nearly) all Trainers, it would seem to be (either intentionally or unintentionally) locking onto the Slaving Rank leveling-up mechanic. (Why this might be leaking into Mercenary generation, I have no idea, but given this game's frequent odd & buggy behavior I'm not altogether surprised.) If it could be worked out how it is locked onto Slaving and how to lock it onto some other Rank (Exploration, Infiltration, etc) it could be used to generate a wider range of, and more player-need-specific, slavers.

(Yes, you could just use trait cheats to achieve that, but it would break immersion less using it to simply refine a character, rather than having to go 'full Frankenstein' on a wholly unsuited character. It feels more right, and would be less confusing, for your flying explorer to be a Harpy Skybreaker rather than an Lamia Mistress, even if they end up having the same traits.)

Reactions: Semeicardia

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
Given that the "chose 5" cheat explicitly offers the option of "None of them and take the bonus instead" (part of the Rank leveling up mechanic), and offers (nearly) all Trainers, it would seem to be (either intentionally or unintentionally) locking onto the Slaving Rank leveling-up mechanic. (Why this might be leaking into Mercenary generation, I have no idea, but given this game's frequent odd & buggy behavior I'm not altogether surprised.) If it could be worked out how it is locked onto Slaving and how to lock it onto some other Rank (Exploration, Infiltration, etc) it could be used to generate a wider range of, and more player-need-specific, slavers.

(Yes, you could just use trait cheats to achieve that, but it would break immersion less using it to simply refine a character, rather than having to go 'full Frankenstein' on a wholly unsuited character. It feels more right, and would be less confusing, for your flying explorer to be a Harpy Skybreaker rather than an Lamia Mistress, even if they end up having the same traits.)
The 'chose 5' is indeed from the level up mechanic, but I thought I should offer it as an alternative to purely random slavers.
One could argue that cheating at all breaks immersion.
Regardless, in v3 I have laid the ground work for changing aspects, though only a couple for v3 so far and changing race at will, though at the time of writing it only supports Goblin and Nethemir - hopefully I might have time to expand the list a little before release. v4 will have FULL races and all aspects, but I am trying to cram as many features into v3 before release as possible.
So in v4 you will be able to make an entire camp of Harpy Skybreakers if that is what you want, I am sorry it is going to take longer than expected :(

shinonen

Dec 13, 2016
Two things: Is there an easy way to delete or get rid of slavers or slaves? I know there's a quest that you can send them to the dreadsea coast but that takes like 6 days and ties up some slavers.

also, is there any way to use an old save on a new version of the game for RAGS games? Either I constantly get the "This is a save for xyz.rags, are you sure you want to load?" or if i rename the game to the same file name, all my character names are gone and it says Slaver 1, Slaver 2, Slave 1, Slave 2, etc.

I've pretty much stopped playing in anticipation of new cheat mod revisions because I feel like I'll need to start over anyway. :/

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
Two things: Is there an easy way to delete or get rid of slavers or slaves? I know there's a quest that you can send them to the dreadsea coast but that takes like 6 days and ties up some slavers.

also, is there any way to use an old save on a new version of the game for RAGS games? Either I constantly get the "This is a save for xyz.rags, are you sure you want to load?" or if i rename the game to the same file name, all my character names are gone and it says Slaver 1, Slaver 2, Slave 1, Slave 2, etc.

I've pretty much stopped playing in anticipation of new cheat mod revisions because I feel like I'll need to start over anyway. :/
No there is not, as far as I know at least. But I might be able to make something that can get rid of excess slavers / slaves for v4, since I will most likely not have time to put it in v3. There is no way to have saves be cross-version as RAGS basically treats each version of a game as an entirely new game. The only exception would be for exports.

There is an option when creating a new fully customized main slaver (you) to export your character. You can then import this character between versions with the "I want to Import" option at the start of the game.

I expect v4 to be the final version of the mod, at least for a while, unless critical bugs arise, then I will of course fix those.
v3 is expected to be released tomorrow, 18th of February 2018 at around 21 or 22 GMT+1 (my local time).
Sadly adding Aspects and changing of races will only be partly implemented in v3, but should still allow for a little more freedom. There is a few additions to v3 that I have not mentioned to anyone that should make people happy. :)

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
Great Mod. I was always hoping to be able to create a Bimbo character, or have more choice regarding the races.

Is this possible?
Thank you for the kind words :D

There is a trait called "Bimbo". v3 will include the ability to give yourself, your slavers and your slaves any trait, including bimbo.
v3 might include the ability to change the race of yourself, your slavers and your slaves, but it will definitely be in v4.
v3 will also give you the ability to alter bodies, whether those bodies belong to you, your slavers or your slaves.
v3 should be released later today, around 21 or 22 GMT+1.
As to whether the bimbo trait will actually make them behave as bimbos, I am not aware but I am doubtful.

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
v3 released

Sadly, I did not manage all the planned features for v3, but they are planned for v4, planned to be released next Sunday.
Still a substantial update to v2.
Full change log and new feature list in OP.

Reactions: shinonen and Stuk

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
Great Job. Thanks for all the time and effort.
Thank you for the kind works and you are most welcome :)
Luckily I only have to do all this once, then when the base game updates, it will be pretty easy porting my cheat mod to the new version and add whatever is new to the cheat mod.

Reactions: Stuk

Dregrin

Nov 20, 2017
Found one glitch with the mod thus far, started a new game from an imported character and when i wiped all traits from one of my slavers it renamed them to match the last slaver on my list, a tried it with a different slaver and it happened again, always copies the name of the last slaver on the list. As an aside, i haven't been able to find what the patreon bonus is for the different names. is there a place to find that information?

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
Found one glitch with the mod thus far, started a new game from an imported character and when i wiped all traits from one of my slavers it renamed them to match the last slaver on my list, a tried it with a different slaver and it happened again, always copies the name of the last slaver on the list. As an aside, i haven't been able to find what the patreon bonus is for the different names. is there a place to find that information?
I anticipated the name thing, giving them a trait should fix it. I'll try to fix this in in v4 though.
Also removing all the traits from all the starting slavers and not give them new ones would probably be a bad idea :confounded:

As for the Patreon Bonuses:
Mikaela gives you a free unique slave at the start
Izbot gives you a free level at the start
Merv gives you a golem slave under certain conditions, I believe
Blacktouch transforms you under certain conditions, I believe

Dregrin

Nov 20, 2017
The intent was to customize my starting slavers. I tried granting traits, it seems like it has somehow caused the character to clone because the traits seem to affect both the original and the new copy. It does not seem to affect the main character and i haven't tested slaves yet but one workaround seems to be only working with the person at the bottom of their respective list, last slaver/slave, and sending them on mission/assigning them to a camp position might bypass the problem somewhat, will test it as i play

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
I tried granting traits, it seems like it has somehow caused the character to clone because the traits seem to affect both the original and the new copy. It does not seem to affect the main character and i haven't tested slaves yet but one workaround seems to be only working with the person at the bottom of their respective list, last slaver/slave, and sending them on mission/assigning them to a camp position might bypass the problem somewhat, will test it as i play
Great. :)
Try adding an Aspect, that might fix it, regardless, as I said, I'll try to fix it for v4.
The coding for No Haven is seriously way too complex, it makes modding hard.
I am pretty sure I could make a remake of No Haven with less lag and better coding -_-

Reactions: shinonen and lbt

Hamakabula

Nov 21, 2017
When granting traits to starting slavers, it seems they disappear.

Granting traits to spawned slavers works as intended. Btw, is there a way to export the images from the rags file? I feel like I'm missing a lot with some assignments being so rare and would like to check them out

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
When granting traits to starting slavers, it seems they disappear.

Granting traits to spawned slavers works as intended. Btw, is there a way to export the images from the rags file? I feel like I'm missing a lot with some assignments being so rare and would like to check them out
That isolates the issue, should make it easier to fix it, I think.
As for the images there is, but there is about 450 images that would need to be exported and sorted.
It would be easier to make a picture viewer as part of my mod. If I do that, it will NOT be part of v4, maybe v5 in the far future. For now I just want to finish all the regular game-play related features.

Dregrin

Nov 20, 2017
Adding an Aspect did the trick, or at least adding the still learning aspect did. I have not encountered the disappearing slaver glitch when adding traits yet. One small request if it is at all doable would be to allow us to change the names of slavers/slaves, create that ultimate fantasy slave camp filled with whatever fictional characters we want. Either way a great many thanks on the impressive mod. I tried looking into the guts of it and your right its a tangled knot of code possibly meant to make it harder for modders to do anything

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
Adding an Aspect did the trick, or at least adding the still learning aspect did. I have not encountered the disappearing slaver glitch when adding traits yet. One small request if it is at all doable would be to allow us to change the names of slavers/slaves, create that ultimate fantasy slave camp filled with whatever fictional characters we want. Either way a great many thanks on the impressive mod. I tried looking into the guts of it and your right its a tangled knot of code possibly meant to make it harder for modders to do anything
Oh yeah, it is, should actually be fairly easy. Same with changing type and experience level. So being able to set Your Human Noble to be a Supreme Skybreaker and stuff like that. I am going to try to add that in v4.
Basically v4 will finish all the slaver / slave related features and assignment related features.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote