3.20 star(s) 26 Votes

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
All righty then, to the comments mobile, Robin!

1) I like the story development. Nothing too outlandish. A little loneliness-driven Mom affection bubbling and a little nostalgic childhood friendship bubbling. Logical reasons for Miranda and Sarah, respectively, to have interest in James.

2) Good that you dialed back a little on James' randiness. Slowing that pace down a bit will keep him roughly level with the ladies and make more sense in syncing their progressions.

3) That phone conversation is a little more messed up now. It's missing the character names. When you removed "Phone" you neglected to add back in the speaker's name.

4) There are still quite a few misspellings and missed grammar points. The game is understandable, but they do get in the way of a smooth flow

5) A lot more grainy images. I don't know anything about 3D rendering, but I did read in another thread that this sometimes means they didn't "cook" long enough. No idea if that's the problem or just an equipment limitation issue.

6) This doesn't affect me, but, going by what I read on other threads, you're going to start getting some complaints about "no sex" soon if you don't add something. I don't feel you need to, plenty of room for slow development, but it does seem the path of least resistance to popularity includes early and frequent sex scenes. Your call.

I think this update was a nice improvement. It humanized the characters a bit more. I'd like to see James get to a job soon so he doesn't just seem like a lazy lump whining about money. Outside of that, keep up the good work!

Reactions: Oppai Auteur

Oppai Auteur

Developer of Old Friends and Public Transport
Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
All righty then, to the comments mobile, Robin!

1) I like the story development. Nothing too outlandish. A little loneliness-driven Mom affection bubbling and a little nostalgic childhood friendship bubbling. Logical reasons for Miranda and Sarah, respectively, to have interest in James.

2) Good that you dialed back a little on James' randiness. Slowing that pace down a bit will keep him roughly level with the ladies and make more sense in syncing their progressions.

3) That phone conversation is a little more messed up now. It's missing the character names. When you removed "Phone" you neglected to add back in the speaker's name.

4) There are still quite a few misspellings and missed grammar points. The game is understandable, but they do get in the way of a smooth flow

5) A lot more grainy images. I don't know anything about 3D rendering, but I did read in another thread that this sometimes means they didn't "cook" long enough. No idea if that's the problem or just an equipment limitation issue.

6) This doesn't affect me, but, going by what I read on other threads, you're going to start getting some complaints about "no sex" soon if you don't add something. I don't feel you need to, plenty of room for slow development, but it does seem the path of least resistance to popularity includes early and frequent sex scenes. Your call.

I think this update was a nice improvement. It humanized the characters a bit more. I'd like to see James get to a job soon so he doesn't just seem like a lazy lump whining about money. Outside of that, keep up the good work!
Thanks for checking out the new version :)

Good catch on the phone convo, didn't even notice it myself, but of course I wrote the scene so I obviously knew what was going on so I probably just kept skimming over it

When it comes to the spelling and grammar issue. I'm probably going to need each mistake pointed out (not asking you to do it personally btw lol), because it all seemed fine the multiple times I went over it. I don't doubt the mistakes are there but its clear I'm just not seeing them

The render quality is a good mix of hardware limits and not letting them 'cook', if I left them to cook to the end it was adding weeks onto the time. This should 'hopefully' be completely fixed with the new pc on the way :p

When it comes to the issue of the lack of sex in the game. I already made the decision before the first version was even finished that i wont rush it regardless of the demands. This game is a learning experience, not trying to reach a big audience so early and I'm also hoping the fact I'm not asking for any money from people might make them less 'rabid' shall we say lol

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Thanks for checking out the new version :)

Good catch on the phone convo, didn't even notice it myself, but of course I wrote the scene so I obviously knew what was going on so I probably just kept skimming over it

When it comes to the spelling and grammar issue. I'm probably going to need each mistake pointed out (not asking you to do it personally btw lol), because it all seemed fine the multiple times I went over it. I don't doubt the mistakes are there but its clear I'm just not seeing them

The render quality is a good mix of hardware limits and not letting them 'cook', if I left them to cook to the end it was adding weeks onto the time. This should 'hopefully' be completely fixed with the new pc on the way :p

When it comes to the issue of the lack of sex in the game. I already made the decision before the first version was even finished that i wont rush it regardless of the demands. This game is a learning experience, not trying to reach a big audience so early and I'm also hoping the fact I'm not asking for any money from people might make them less 'rabid' shall we say lol
It's late here already, but I'll give a go at some error checking tomorrow. Do you want it posted here (hidden in a spoiler to save the thread) or in a direct message?

I'm glad you're going the slow route, but I don't know if anything can fend off the rabids! Heh.

Oppai Auteur

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
It's late here already, but I'll give a go at some error checking tomorrow. Do you want it posted here (hidden in a spoiler to save the thread) or in a direct message?

I'm glad you're going the slow route, but I don't know if anything can fend off the rabids! Heh.
Just post it on here in a spoiler

That way other people can see it and possibly add to it if they caught some mistakes as well

Cheers :)

Adoringfan

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2016
I think the game can go the extra mile and add incest, could be like the movie The Jerk but with incest

groove888

Apr 12, 2017
My .02 cent on the matter throw a bone to us "rabid sex addict" ^^

My pitch would be you meet Miranda older/chubbier sister (a modded version of Miranda model) who stays with them for a week end and MC see her for one dinner and get the opportunity to fuck her but that would lead to a game over at the end of the scene.

Advantage of doing it that way : You can get better at doing sex scene before the other more important storywise (with Miranda and her daughter) , can show that both females jealousy on how forthcoming the "aunt" is and other stuff I don't remember right now.

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
I'm not big on that suggestion, only because I like the idea of MC just focusing on mom and daughter. But, I'll let dev make the call.

On my previous commitment, here are some corrections. Please note, you've got running issue with possessives. So many, that I didn't include them all. You just need to make a run through and see where you need to add apostrophes.

And now, the spoiler block...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Oppai Auteur

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
My .02 cent on the matter throw a bone to us "rabid sex addict" ^^

My pitch would be you meet Miranda older/chubbier sister (a modded version of Miranda model) who stays with them for a week end and MC see her for one dinner and get the opportunity to fuck her but that would lead to a game over at the end of the scene.

Advantage of doing it that way : You can get better at doing sex scene before the other more important storywise (with Miranda and her daughter) , can show that both females jealousy on how forthcoming the "aunt" is and other stuff I don't remember right now.
Thanks for the suggestion man, unfortunately I cant say I'm too keen on that idea, for two reasons

One, ironically enough, is that Miranda already has an older sister in the story, well its her half-sister but its close enough lol, and she is planned to appear much later in the game and that isn't the kind of character she is, she is actually protective of her sis and niece, so it conflicts with what I have planned for the future already

Two, putting in a sex scene that literally leads to a game over would likely piss off people far more than an actual lack of sex in general, at least I think it would anyway, it would piss me off if the one sex scene I get is a fucking game over lol.

Introducing random characters to have sex with when I know the versions will be light on sex content just wouldn't work in the long run I think.

Don't worry though!

I'm actually not against throwing a small bone to the people wanting sexual content early, provided they aren't being total demanding dicks about it lol.

(Which you aren't btw just in case that wasn't clear :p)

I just don't think this particular way would work for this project

Cheers! :)

Oppai Auteur

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
I'm not big on that suggestion, only because I like the idea of MC just focusing on mom and daughter. But, I'll let dev make the call.

On my previous commitment, here are some corrections. Please note, you've got running issue with possessives. So many, that I didn't include them all. You just need to make a run through and see where you need to add apostrophes.

And now, the spoiler block...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks! :)

I'll go through script and get these sorted!

I can already see the recurring issue so yeah i get why you wouldn't list every single example. It would probably take a while lol :p

The only one that presents a problem is the one with the ?.

Those bits of dialogue are supposed to be James and Sarah saying that at the same time for a bit of comedic effect, the problem was when I tried to have the speaker be James and Sarah it bugged the game out, so I'll have to find a solution to that.

I tried letting each one say it separately but it messed with the flow

Otherwise, thanks again :)

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Ah! That makes more sense. I guess it doesn't like "James and Sarah". Could you create "Together"? I'm pretty sure we'd get the picture.

Oppai Auteur

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
Ah! That makes more sense. I guess it doesn't like "James and Sarah". Could you create "Together"? I'm pretty sure we'd get the picture.
Since 'Together' seems clear for what I want the dialogue to be in the scene and it is just a singular element in the code I cant see it having a problem with that

...I hope lol

Oppai Auteur

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
is there something new in the update or just a revised old version?
Yes there are new scenes, this isn't just a bug fix

If I do bug fix's in the future, the version number would have another number added

Example: 0.0002 would go to 0.00021

Reactions: Deadlyreaper

Oppai Auteur

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
would be nice if you update the changelog in the OP
Never noticed, thought the mods updating the first post would have done that.

I don't actually have the ability to edit that post

3.20 star(s) 26 Votes