NTR enjoyer, what do you prefer: netori(cheating) or netorase(sharing)?

what's better?

• netori (cheating)

Votes: 213 42.0%
  • netorase (sharing)

Votes: 294 58.0%

• Total voters

matthww

Apr 3, 2020
I'm very much interested in your 3 definitions of NTR.

Here are mine from a first person POV. For the sake of clarity, it means this, "You are walking around in game. You notice a tree. You see a car. You see a hot girl walking with her boyfriend. The teacher wants you to make a decision." You've self inserted into the game.

MC First Person POV
- Netori: MC steals and seduces wives & girlfriends away from other men and fucks them. This shows the MC as more sadistic IMO.
- Netorase: Dominant male MC tells his wife to have sex with other men. He may optionally watch. This shows the MC has a large degree of control. I would say it's possibly more masochistic, yet he's in full control.
- Netorare: MC has his woman stolen from him, then by the end he finds out and she is getting fucked in front of him. He's devastated. If one were to play this game, I would think they're masochistic, enjoying pain & humiliation. (These are typically third person games, which IMO, means player will be aroused from the sadistic guy stealing the girl, or the pain and humiliation the weak MC feels).

I would absolutely LOVE to be corrected if you think I'm wrong.
I understand netorare more like a general term for cuckold\sharing\cheating, not like a hybrid. Netorare can be sharing or cheating. It's common netorase games with masochistic and humiliation contents too, netorase is not absence of masochism. But I also agree that netorare usually has a different script: The wife starts acting behind her husband's back, because she got into a trap (blackmail). Netori is like a sociopath wife act behind husband's back.

But, I understand the 3 definitions of NTR like:
Netorare - Someone was cucked
Netorase - Someone consent to be cuckolding, can be sharing or swing too
Netori - Someone is betrayed, cucked without consent

Last edited:

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
But, I understand the 3 definitions of NTR like:
Netorare - MC/Protagonist gets cucked
Netorase - cuckolding with consent<--accurate
Netori - MC/Protagonist does the cucking (I.E. gets a girl to cheat) so yours was partially accurate.
Fixed.

Reactions: atrebor68

thatguy49

Nov 6, 2020
Lately I've come to realize I actually enjoy Netorase, tends to showcase the MC's authority in being able to whore out their LI's like a toy for their own personal gain. Gives me "Pimp MC" vibes as opposed to cuckold since MC is the one giving the consent. Usually I do not like non-con elements, but something about MC offering LI's to others for sex regardless of the LI's consent(they do it for MC's approval, but they themselves might not be too attracted to the new sex partner) is kinda hot, especially if it brings a monetary gain or building a better relationship with the other person.

• Love
Reactions: Trapitalism101

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Lately I've come to realize I actually enjoy Netorase, tends to showcase the MC's authority in being able to whore out their LI's like a toy for their own personal gain. Gives me "Pimp MC" vibes as opposed to cuckold since MC is the one giving the consent. Usually I do not like non-con elements, but something about MC offering LI's to others for sex regardless of the LI's consent(they do it for MC's approval, but they themselves might not be too attracted to the new sex partner) is kinda hot, especially if it brings a monetary gain or building a better relationship with the other person.
That's not really netorase. Netorase is still a flavor of NTR which brings out the cuck nature of the MC to some extent. Some combination of humiliation, jealousy, feelings of inadequacy are usually present. It could even be a bit wholesome where the husband/BF gets off on being cucked and actively steer the woman in that direction. But there IS an underlying theme that the dude is a cuck.

When the MC is dominant and whoring out girls with his authority, there really isn't any of those negative feelings involved. He just wants to make money or just enjoy asserting his control over the girls by sharing them out for whatever reason. He doesn't value them as his LI or something cheesy like that. They just be hoes to be used in whatever way he wants.

Johncrix

Aug 20, 2020
I'm up for anything NTR, as long as the story build have sense particularly, the slow corruption of the lover. Too much of willingness from the beginning is ok but I mostly find it funny (Can't fap while laughing) Overall, as long as NTR is implemented with a strong sensible reason why is someone or the lover cheated. About the rape NTR, as long as the last part or ending is wholesome NTR. I do enjoy any NTR mostly because the story is better and easy to find. Good vanilla are hard to find!

Dec 24, 2020
That's not really netorase...

When the MC is dominant and whoring out girls with his authority, there really isn't any of those negative feelings involved. He just wants to make money or just enjoy asserting his control over the girls by sharing them out for whatever reason. He doesn't value them as his LI or something cheesy like that. They just be hoes to be used in whatever way he wants.
I feel that how those negative feelings are processed/handled within a game are important. In a scenario where your sig other leaves you and no longer wants you, well that just feels bad and I see nothing of interest there. However, with willing cuckold or sharing you can have these feelings present and then have some sort of aftercare to resolve or reinforce the bond between the couple. That usually happens in a nice equal relationship, and I feel it has the most narrative potential, mixing humiliation,kink, and love.

I think that when an MC is totally dominant and whoring out his girl(s) it is like the Bud Lite of Cuckolding. It looks kind of like the genuine thing on the surface, but because the power is totally with the MC there is no risk/strengthening of bond/character growth from the other parties.

The person cucking the main character is just as important as the MC and Sig other.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I feel that how those negative feelings are processed/handled within a game are important. In a scenario where your sig other leaves you and no longer wants you, well that just feels bad and I see nothing of interest there. However, with willing cuckold or sharing you can have these feelings present and then have some sort of aftercare to resolve or reinforce the bond between the couple. That usually happens in a nice equal relationship, and I feel it has the most narrative potential, mixing humiliation,kink, and love.

I think that when an MC is totally dominant and whoring out his girl(s) it is like the Bud Lite of Cuckolding. It looks kind of like the genuine thing on the surface, but because the power is totally with the MC there is no risk/strengthening of bond/character growth from the other parties.

The person cucking the main character is just as important as the MC and Sig other.
You got it. The reasons you like netorase are precisely the reasons I don't find it very hot lol. What I like about NTR is mainly the reluctant(usually) corruption of the female by an outside force and the resultant betrayal of her loved one. When the husband gives the go ahead, it kind of deflates the whole thing. Granted, most netorase stories I've seen are just NTR in disguise, but even then, the premise of the guy wanting to get cucked takes out a lot of the depravity for me.

Reactions: Trapitalism101

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
That's not really netorase. Netorase is still a flavor of NTR which brings out the cuck nature of the MC to some extent. Some combination of humiliation, jealousy, feelings of inadequacy are usually present. It could even be a bit wholesome where the husband/BF gets off on being cucked and actively steer the woman in that direction. But there IS an underlying theme that the dude is a cuck.

I once read a really interesting explanation of the origin of NTR in manga (all forms, not just netorare). The one unifying trait that all NTR needs to have to be considered NTR is the destruction of happiness or purity. I'll see if I can find it. So, you're right. A man happily whoring out his significant other wouldn't be considered netorase, more likely corruption and/or male dom.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I once read a really interesting explanation of the origin of NTR in manga (all forms, not just netorare). The one unifying trait that all NTR needs to have to be considered NTR is the destruction of happiness or purity. I'll see if I can find it. So, you're right. A man happily whoring out his significant other wouldn't be considered netorase, more likely corruption and/or male dom.
All the subgenres can get rather complicated. I'd say the destruction of happiness or purity is a great criteria for NTR. It's pretty essential for NTR imo and might even be the defining criteria. However, netori and netorase can walk the fine line at the edge of this criteria though. We have some netori games where the wife is unhappy and a "good guy" protagonist comes in to take her away with generally wholesome vibes. To me, this is rather weak and I'd consider it as just a cheating type of scenario, but I couldn't just say that people viewing this as netori is wrong. Similarly, we have netorase stories that doesn't devolve into NTR by the end. The male is a real cuck, but he finds happiness in his cuck nature, embracing the inadequacy and negative emotions associated with being a cuck. I wouldn't say this type of story is showing a destruction of happiness or purity. It could be quite wholesome. It would surely quality as netorase though.

The distinction between whoring/prostituting bitches vs netorase is more about the mindset of the male character and the relationship dynamics between the couple. If most of the power lies with the male sharing the girl, it generally doesn't involve the cuck themes. He is just asserting his dominance and full control over the woman. He is showing his top dog status by sharing bitches to his subordinates. He is using the woman for personal gain. On the other hand, netorase couples will generally have a more equal power dynamic. The guy will generally exhibit cuck tendancies.

The whole thing is rather murky, but I see some key aspects that distinguishes the stories that go under the sharing umbrella.

• Netorase: Cuck gets off on negative feelings involved. The negative feelings of getting cucked is actually what he enjoys.
  • Big Pimping/Prostitution: No negative feelings from the guy at all. Woman ain't no thang. Use them however you want.
  • Swinging: No cuck feelings. It's wholesome, adventurous fun for everyone.
  • Hotwifing: I am not too familiar with this one, but AFAIK, it's very wholesome. No cuck feelings of inadequacy or jealousy. The guy is happy that the wife is exploring her sexuality. If she's happy, he's happy. Something like that. Don't quote me on this lol. The couple has a healthy relationship.
And finally, "cuckoldry" in the western sense is basically synonymous with netorase. It's a willing cuck who enjoys the humiliation and the negative emotions.

Last edited:

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
All the subgenres can get rather complicated. I'd say the destruction of happiness or purity is a great criteria for NTR. It's pretty essential for NTR imo and might even be the defining criteria. However, netori and netorase can walk the fine line at the edge of this criteria though. We have some netori games where the wife is unhappy and a "good guy" protagonist comes in to take her away with generally wholesome vibes. To me, this is rather weak and I'd consider it as just a cheating type of scenario, but I couldn't just say that people viewing this as netori is wrong. Similarly, we have netorase stories that doesn't devolve into NTR by the end. The male is a real cuck, but he finds happiness in his cuck nature, embracing the inadequacy and negative emotions associated with being a cuck. I wouldn't say this type of story is showing a destruction of happiness or purity. It could be quite wholesome. It would surely quality as netorase though.

The distinction between whoring/prostituting bitches vs netorase is more about the mindset of the male character and the relationship dynamics between the couple. If most of the power lies with the male sharing the girl, it generally doesn't involve the cuck themes. He is just asserting his dominance and full control over the woman. He is showing his top dog status by sharing bitches to his subordinates. He is using the woman for personal gain. On the other hand, netorase couples will generally have a more equal power dynamic. The guy will generally exhibit cuck tendancies.

The whole thing is rather murky, but I see some key aspects that distinguishes the stories that go under the sharing umbrella.

• Netorase: Cuck gets off on negative feelings involved. The negative feelings of getting cucked is actually what he enjoys.
  • Big Pimping/Prostitution: No negative feelings from the guy at all. Woman ain't no thang. Use them however you want.
  • Swinging: No cuck feelings. It's wholesome, adventurous fun for everyone.
  • Hotwifing: I am not too familiar with this one, but AFAIK, it's very wholesome. No cuck feelings of inadequacy or jealousy. The guy is happy that the wife is exploring her sexuality. If she's happy, he's happy. Something like that. Don't quote me on this lol. The couple has a healthy relationship.
Netorase, in my experience, usually involves humiliation of the MC as he/she comes to grips with their response to being cucked. A downward spiral until they abandon pride and accept. I say usually, because as you say these are all complex topics. The part of the example that started this particular little conversation is that the MC is happy. That just doesn't work with netorase.

The wrench in this is netori because it involves the destruction of someone else's happiness or purity.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Netorase, in my experience, usually involves humiliation of the MC as he/she comes to grips with their response to being cucked. A downward spiral until they abandon pride and accept. I say usually, because as you say these are all complex topics. The part of the example that started this particular little conversation is that the MC is happy. That just doesn't work with netorase.

The wrench in this is netori because it involves the destruction of someone else's happiness or purity.
That's because most netorase doujins/mangas/games devolve into full blown NTR at some point. It's a mixing of genres, but netorase by it self doesn't have to be a downward spiral.

I don't have much experience with netorase because the whole concept doesn't appeal to me, but isn't Marina cuckolding report and similar games generally on the wholesome side of netorase? Didn't play those so I could be wrong.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
That's because most netorase doujins/mangas/games devolve into full blown NTR at some point. It's a mixing of genres, but netorase by it self doesn't have to be a downward spiral.

I don't have much experience with netorase because the whole concept doesn't appeal to me, but isn't Marina cuckolding report and similar games generally on the wholesome side of netorase? Didn't play those so I could be wrong.
Kinda? It really depends on the love interest. The destruction has to happen to someone. So, looking at netorase from the angle of netori where the destruction happens to someone else, then the previous example does work. If the love interest is broken or unhappy.

thatguy49

Nov 6, 2020

This site has me confused about the various NTR definitions. Before becoming a member here, I just thought of Netorare, which I do not like(no offense to those who do enjoy it though).

However, I am into both the MC Pimp and also consensual equal sharing, but some on this forum call that NTR so it confused me. I don't like the humiliation aspect, rather I prefer when all parties involved have equal respect for each other, or if MC and the other guy have good respect with no regard for shared woman's feelings. In a crude way, basically following "bro code" of letting friends or family(incest kink) enjoy a taste cause MC already has good relationship.

Personally I didn't think such scenarios were NTR, but clearly part of this community thinks differently. Additionally, I found that sharing options in games are marked as NTR, thus why I had concluded that Netorase was a new interest of mine.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
This site has me confused about the various NTR definitions. Before becoming a member here, I just thought of Netorare, which I do not like(no offense to those who do enjoy it though).

However, I am into both the MC Pimp and also consensual equal sharing, but some on this forum call that NTR so it confused me. I don't like the humiliation aspect, rather I prefer when all parties involved have equal respect for each other, or if MC and the other guy have good respect with no regard for shared woman's feelings. In a crude way, basically following "bro code" of letting friends or family(incest kink) enjoy a taste cause MC already has good relationship.

Personally I didn't think such scenarios were NTR, but clearly part of this community thinks differently. Additionally, I found that sharing options in games are marked as NTR, thus why I had concluded that Netorase was a new interest of mine.
Consensual, equal sharing is NOT ntr, it's just an open relationship. Many people call any exposure of any love interest to any other person ntr. They're wrong, but it's pointless to argue about it.

Dec 24, 2020
Hotwifing is criminally underrepresented on this site. A hotwife (or husband possibly, but rarely) has sex with other people in kinky situations, but part of the kink is letting your sig other know about whats happened (usually while having some sort of sex with their spouse) and the level of taboo makes both the marital sex, and relationship stronger. It's similar to an even less seen fetish (on this site) where wives want their husbands to go bi(to some degree) so they can either hear about the details, watch, or actively join in like a Voltron of sluttiness. It's all a wonderfully loving corruption that has lots of narrative potential, but it is sadly very rare to find.

chipsiup

Aug 12, 2016

Part of that is because the NTR tag is horribly misused on F95. Sometimes literally any game that contains content where a girl fucks or touches another male character that's not the MC and you have people shouting about NTR. It absolutely ignores any context.

atrebor68

Aug 26, 2020
There are many types of NTR, more or less specific, but the most important distinction after all is between "sharing" and "cheating" contents, because this is a very clear difference in NTR routes generally

When a guy enjoys sharing his wife \ gf it is called netorase, usually the guy convinces her partner to have sex with other men, whether the situation is out of him control or not.

Netori occur when the wife \ gf gets involved with other men without the consent of her partner. It's more like cheating. It is usually an affair, the wife acts behind the husband's back.
"Sharing is caring" ;)

atrebor68

Aug 26, 2020
Hotwifing is criminally underrepresented on this site. A hotwife (or husband possibly, but rarely) has sex with other people in kinky situations, but part of the kink is letting your sig other know about whats happened (usually while having some sort of sex with their spouse) and the level of taboo makes both the marital sex, and relationship stronger. It's similar to an even less seen fetish (on this site) where wives want their husbands to go bi(to some degree) so they can either hear about the details, watch, or actively join in like a Voltron of sluttiness. It's all a wonderfully loving corruption that has lots of narrative potential, but it is sadly very rare to find.
Trapitalism101 , have You some title to suggest about hotwifing ?