NTR enjoyer, what do you prefer: netori(cheating) or netorase(sharing)?

what's better?

• netori (cheating)

Votes: 213 42.0%
  • netorase (sharing)

Votes: 294 58.0%

• Total voters

matthww

Apr 3, 2020
There are many types of NTR, more or less specific, but the most important distinction after all is between "sharing" and "cheating" contents, because this is a very clear difference in NTR routes generally

When a guy enjoys sharing his wife \ gf it is called netorase, usually the guy convinces her partner to have sex with other men, whether the situation is out of him control or not.

Netori occur when the wife \ gf gets involved with other men without the consent of her partner. It's more like cheating. It is usually an affair, the wife acts behind the husband's back.

Last edited:

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Netori is when the protagonist steals other people's women. NTR (netorare) is when someone steals your girl. Netorase basically western cuckoldry.

As for what I like? Netorase is weak due to willing cuck. NTR and netori is cool because it's more fucked up.

Pretentious Goblin

Conversation Conqueror
Nov 3, 2017
I think Netori and Netorare are a different category (and should have a separate tag) from Netorase. And no, not just "Cheating", because NTR can encompass other types of relationships as well, where the "stolen" can't be said to be cheating.

As for which I prefer, Netori for sure. Not that I've played a lot of such games, and nor do I go looking for them specifically, I prefer netorare. But I like corruption games with overpowered male MC that lays and ideally impregnates everyone he comes across with minimal effort. Then the cheating becomes a nice little cherry on top of the corruption cake.

D

Deleted member 3145675

Hi,
Considering your question relates to in-game appreciation and not IRL kinks - it is not easy to answer simply because it depends a lot of the in-game context - whether or not it is a main path or a secondary (bad) one (consequences of MC's bad choices)

If the story/plot requires it and that it is written in such a way that it may appear as logical most kinks may be welcomed - if it is shoehorned just because, it is just lame writing.

If the main characters are described in a meaningful way with motivations that have actual credibility - cheating - sharing - hotwifing - cuckolding - can find their rightful place in an interesting plot/story.

Last if the game is rightfully advertised as what it actually contains (whatever this may be) I have no complaint about it - I'll either play it because I'm interested or ignore it because I don't care.

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
You ask what an NTR enjoyer enjoys, yet you didn't add Netorare as a choose-able option in the poll.

The poll only caters to male protagonist alpha male who either orders his women to have sex with others (Netorase), or actively seeks to steal wives & girlfriends away from other men(netori).

The player who enjoys Netorare is typically a submissive masochist, and enjoys mental pain and humiliation. This is completely different from netorase and netori.

I wonder if you can still edit the poll and add Netorare as a choose-able option. Don't waste a good poll.

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
Personally i don't like the cuck part, when the mc enjoys the NTR is boring, i prefer when he suffers from his wife being NTR'ed, i'm a bit sadistic xD
Do you prefer the MC suffer while experiencing zero arousal, or some arousal? If some arousal, then technically he is enjoying it, but won't admit it due to internal conflict? Correct? In other words, he reluctantly enjoys it, but feels intense mental anguish and humiliation, correct? Please correct me if I'm wrong in anyway.

Also, do you prefer the game refer to the MC as,

"You learn of your wife's infidelity and are devastated." You controlling your character from a first person perspective, as if you're there, feeling the mental anguish yourself.

OR

"Billy learns of his wife's infidelity and is devastated." You controlling Billy from a third person perspective, simply bearing witness to his mental anguish from a more safe and outside distance.

Or do you prefer third person female protagonist point of view?

Sorry to bombard with questions, but I always look for opportunities to make sure what I'm currently doing is on the right track. Anyone else is free to answer as well, and if you don't want to bump the thread, you can also PM me.

moskis22

Nov 26, 2020
Do you prefer the MC suffer while experiencing zero arousal, or some arousal?
zero arousal, if he is forced to see i prefer he being humilliated, but it's fine if he didn't realize until the end of the game and when he does he gets a very unhappy ending

do you prefer the game refer to the MC as
third person, i don't like self-insert on him, maybe that's the reason i like him being as unhappy as possible xD

Or do you prefer third person female protagonist point of view?
female point of view, the way i see NTR, and i like about it, is a girl struggling between love and pleasure, so at the start she is very lovey-dovey with his husband, but after discovering the pleasure of sex, she turns in a sex-addict
i like seeing that evolution, from loving a guy that can't satisty her sexually to fucking a (usually ugly) guy that she hates but bangs her very hard

Sorry to bombard with questions
i don't mind answering questions at all, but as you can see i'm not fluent in English, so there is some complex ideas that are hard for me to explain
also, that post is mainly about my preferences, but maybe most of the NTR-fans like it for completely other reasons

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
zero arousal, if he is forced to see i prefer he being humilliated, but it's fine if he didn't realize until the end of the game and when he does he gets a very unhappy ending

third person, i don't like self-insert on him, maybe that's the reason i like him being as unhappy as possible xD

female point of view, the way i see NTR, and i like about it, is a girl struggling between love and pleasure, so at the start she is very lovey-dovey with his husband, but after discovering the pleasure of sex, she turns in a sex-addict
i like seeing that evolution, from loving a guy that can't satisty her sexually to fucking a (usually ugly) guy that she hates but bangs her very hard

i don't mind answering questions at all, but as you can see i'm not fluent in English, so there is some complex ideas that are hard for me to explain
also, that post is mainly about my preferences, but maybe most of the NTR-fans like it for completely other reasons
Thanks, your answers were very helpful.

If you have time, could you help one more time?

If you had to choose, would you prefer to:

a) Netorare - Remain Third Person point of view, as the outside observer, watching the MC suffer at the hands of his gf and her new lover. The classic NTR angle: "Jason suffers at the hands of his gf and her new lover. They berate and humiliate him. Choose Jason's fate... etc"

or

b) Netori - Choose to play as the actual guy who steal the MC's girl. In other words, You self insert as the MC, and you seduce the girl NPC away from her boyfriend NPC, then fuck her in front of him and berate him, destroying him completely. The game would say things like, "you verbally humiliate him and destroy his soul, while you continue to fuck his girlfriend in front of him."

moskis22

Nov 26, 2020
Thanks, your answers were very helpful.

If you have time, could you help one more time?

If you had to choose, would you prefer to:

a) Netorare - Remain Third Person point of view, as the outside observer, watching the MC suffer at the hands of his gf and her new lover. The classic NTR angle: "Jason suffers at the hands of his gf and her new lover. They berate and humiliate him. Choose Jason's fate... etc"

or

b) Netori - Choose to play as the actual guy who steal the MC's girl. In other words, You self insert as the MC, and you seduce the girl NPC away from her boyfriend NPC, then fuck her in front of him and berate him, destroying him completely. The game would say things like, "you verbally humiliate him and destroy his soul, while you continue to fuck his girlfriend in front of him."
I didn't play any netori game yet so I don't know, but I don't like take part on the story so I guess the first one
but if I have to play the game from the POV of the MC, them I prefer the second one, being the "bad guy" is fun

xoxo

Jul 4, 2017
Why do people insist in using Japanese terms? Just say cuckolding, sharing, cheating, swinging, etc.

Anyway, I can enjoy them all as long as it's not happening to me, but usually I prefer when someone is getting screwed over somehow in those stories (at least as I see it, not necessarily as the characters see).

Pretentious Goblin

Conversation Conqueror
Nov 3, 2017
Why do people insist in using Japanese terms? Just say cuckolding, sharing, cheating, swinging, etc.
NTR can encompass more than cheating in a relationship. Family members turning on each other, lifelong friends being corrupted and degraded, mothers choosing lust for their child's abuser over their familial bond... the theme is one person being "stolen" from another.

That said, I do think Netorase can pretty accurately be called "sharing".

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I love Netori, can't stand Netorase. The only time Netorase works for me is for a more casual relationship where you're basically both swingers. MC can fuck anyone he wants and so can she. To me that's not really even a relationship though.

Carrera

Jun 25, 2017
You ask what an NTR enjoyer enjoys, yet you didn't add Netorare as a choose-able option in the poll.

The poll only caters to male protagonist alpha male who either orders his women to have sex with others (Netorase), or actively seeks to steal wives & girlfriends away from other men(netori).

The player who enjoys Netorare is typically a submissive masochist, and enjoys mental pain and humiliation. This is completely different from netorase and netori. Absolutely false

I wonder if you can still edit the poll and add Netorare as a choose-able option. Don't waste a good poll.
I wonder if you're projecting.

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
I wonder if you're projecting.
EDIT: I noticed you added ABSOLUTELY FALSE, to my quote. If the NTR is explained from third person point of view, then there are people who enjoy the Netori aspect of it; which is the NPC stealing the women away from the wimpy MC. So when someone plays an NTR game that's in third person, they might enjoy the Sadistic aspect of it, or the Masochistic aspect. I probably should've been more specific. If you think I'm wrong, please correct me.

Also, if you're implying that I like masochistic submissive content, enjoying mental pain and humiliation, then yes, I FUCKING LOVE IT, lol. But, I also like the complete opposite, which is sadistic Netori and bullying, but you rarely get a game that actually does that well. I've yet to play a Netorase game that's done well either, being in too much control seems too easy, not enough obstacles, tension or conflict.

Is that what you meant?

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: RedPillBlues

Carrera

Jun 25, 2017
EDIT: I noticed you added ABSOLUTELY FALSE, to my quote. If the NTR is explained from third person point of view, then there are people who enjoy the Netori aspect of it; which is the NPC stealing the women away from the wimpy MC. So when someone plays an NTR game that's in third person, they might enjoy the Sadistic aspect of it, or the Masochistic aspect. I probably should've been more specific. If you think I'm wrong, please correct me.

Also, if you're implying that I like masochistic submissive content, enjoying mental pain and humiliation, then yes, I FUCKING LOVE IT, lol. But, I also like the complete opposite, which is sadistic Netori and bullying, but you rarely get a game that actually does that well. I've yet to play a Netorase game that's done well either, being in too much control seems too easy, not enough obstacles, tension or conflict.

Is that what you meant?
I am absolutely aware all the 3 definitions of NTR and am usually the one reminding people what they think is NTR isn't.

And your Opinion that only certain types of people like certain things is absolutely unequivocally false. The fact you even think like that tells me volumes as to your mindset, and your reply further reinforces it.

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
I am absolutely aware all the 3 definitions of NTR and am usually the one reminding people what they think is NTR isn't.
I'm very much interested in your 3 definitions of NTR.

Here are mine from a first person POV. For the sake of clarity, it means this, "You are walking around in game. You notice a tree. You see a car. You see a hot girl walking with her boyfriend. The teacher wants you to make a decision." You've self inserted into the game.

MC First Person POV
- Netori: MC steals and seduces wives & girlfriends away from other men and fucks them. This shows the MC as more sadistic IMO.
- Netorase: Dominant male MC tells his wife to have sex with other men. He may optionally watch. This shows the MC has a large degree of control. I would say it's possibly more masochistic, yet he's in full control.
- Netorare: MC has his woman stolen from him, then by the end he finds out and she is getting fucked in front of him. He's devastated. If one were to play this game, I would think they're masochistic, enjoying pain & humiliation. (These are typically third person games, which IMO, means player will be aroused from the sadistic guy stealing the girl, or the pain and humiliation the weak MC feels).

I would absolutely LOVE to be corrected if you think I'm wrong.

Last edited:

xoxo

Jul 4, 2017
NTR can encompass more than cheating in a relationship. Family members turning on each other, lifelong friends being corrupted and degraded, mothers choosing lust for their child's abuser over their familial bond... the theme is one person being "stolen" from another.

That said, I do think Netorase can pretty accurately be called "sharing".
Exactly, it can mean too many things but also not necessarily. NTR CAN include friends and family members, but not necessarily, and when it does I personally think it's extremely lame for example. So why don't be specific instead of using a tag that most people don't even agree on what it's about?
People are already discussing what NTR means here and they always do in every thread about it and I think they always will. The truth is that the only thing every NTR share is the cheating part, so just say cheating because if you mean something more specific, most people won't understand it anyway. You can see how bad this is when in every game with the NTR tag people keep discussing if it's optional, if it's actually sharing, if it can really be called NTR and so on.

Yeah, Netorase is a great example since it just means sharing, so there is no reason to use this word here.