Smopy

Dec 22, 2017
The question I have is: does noname still use SFM or has it already switched to Blender? like his animations are really good and it's really hard to tell if is SFM (because it looks like) or Blender (because you fake it to look like SFM, especially if you use eevee for the rendering) :unsure:

Either way, I like the look of SFM animations (like the style/rendering of source engine) but sometimes I remember that SFM is too old to look that good, but I don't know, maybe noname dominates SFM and he can make anything look good in it.

ryxp

Mar 9, 2022
The question I have is: does noname still use SFM or has it already switched to Blender? like his animations are really good and it's really hard to tell if is SFM (because it looks like) or Blender (because you fake it to look like SFM, especially if you use eevee for the rendering) :unsure:

Either way, I like the look of SFM animations (like the style/rendering of source engine) but sometimes I remember that SFM is too old to look that good, but I don't know, maybe noname dominates SFM and he can make anything look good in it.
There are some others like Big Johnson (Check AI Curious series) who still use SFM, they just are way better animators than the rest of the sfm rabble.

Honestly, the same thing happens with Blender, where plenty of animators make total shit videos or renders, but because the textures and models generally look a bit better in blender than sfm blender has a better rep.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaidenZ

Smopy

Dec 22, 2017
There are some others like Big Johnson (Check AI Curious series) who still use SFM, they just are way better animators than the rest of the sfm rabble.

Honestly, the same thing happens with Blender, where plenty of animators make total shit videos or renders, but because the textures and models generally look a bit better in blender than sfm blender has a better rep.
I can kinda get what you are saying, I do like stuff made with Blender but the problem (for me) is if the person that is making the poster/animation doesn't have a style or characteristic of their own, they fall into the super generic realistic look. That's why I tend to appreciate more stuff made in SFM because (for me) it has more characteristic.

I just super impressed how noname can make a SFM animation in 2023 look really fucking good (not only in 2023 but also his animations back in 2020 to 2022 are amazing too, 2019 not so much in my opinion), unless he switched instead to something like S2FM (even if it's kind of limited for now I guess).

In the end, perhaps because source 1 has a more cartoonish look in its engine (even realistic stuff, but it still falls to the cartoony side too) it can look more appealing and cartoonish stuff tends to age WAY better than super realistic stuff.

Reactions: ryxp

ryxp

Mar 9, 2022
I can kinda get what you are saying, I do like stuff made with Blender but the problem (for me) is if the person that is making the poster/animation doesn't have a style or characteristic of their own, they fall into the super generic realistic look. That's why I tend to appreciate more stuff made in SFM because (for me) it has more characteristic.

I just super impressed how noname can make a SFM animation in 2023 look really fucking good (not only in 2023 but also his animations back in 2020 to 2022 are amazing too, 2019 not so much in my opinion), unless he switched instead to something like S2FM (even if it's kind of limited for now I guess).

In the end, perhaps because source 1 has a more cartoonish look in its engine (even realistic stuff, but it still falls to the cartoony side too) it can look more appealing and cartoonish stuff tends to age WAY better than super realistic stuff.
I agree this is the challenge in animation. A lot of games or animations made with less realistic lighting look so much more cohesive because they aren't going for strict realism. The Blender and Daz stuff on the other hand can look real bad real fast in the wrong hands and extremely generic as you said.

Reactions: Smopy

Boombaru23

Aug 11, 2017
Oh boi..

I've decided to Upscale and Interpolate ~90% of his work!

My requirements were:
- Somewhat sexual interaction
- Having Sound

I've split them all up in Batches so u can choose whatever you want.

Interpolation was kinda whatever, the videos didn't really need it but while im at it, why not just interpolate aswell am i right?

Keep in mind that my Collection went from ~8GB to ~60GB (!).

You need ALL Parts of a Batch to open the .zip!
The first 2 Batches are .zip, others are .rar

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Examples

Just noticed a slight color shift on the Upscales.​
I think Batch 5 and 4 don't work,the download seems to keep intrerupting.Maybe it's on my end ,don't know if anyone else is having issues.

Aug 8, 2023

Nn55 also uses a video editing software, such as DaVinci or Premier Pro. He changes the color correction and adds other visual effects like a professional video editor. Plus he mastered how to animate in SFM years ago. That's why all of his works look so cool, and why he doesn't need to move Blender.

Reactions: Smopy and ryxp

ryxp

Mar 9, 2022
Nn55 also uses a video editing software, such as DaVinci or Premier Pro. He changes the color correction and adds other visual effects like a professional video editor. Plus he mastered how to animate in SFM years ago. That's why all of his works look so cool, and why he doesn't need to move Blender.
I always kinda questioned the need for this sort of thing (but I'm no color/filter/photoshop master) so I can see how if NN55 is doing it that could be one more explanation for why his anims look so good compared to the rest of the rabble

Syunic

Jun 18, 2017
I think Batch 5 and 4 don't work,the download seems to keep intrerupting.Maybe it's on my end ,don't know if anyone else is having issues.
Hm, i never had issues with Pixeldrain before. They do limit you with 10 Gig per Day tho i think.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes