Cheat Mod RAGS No Haven: Loaded Dice Mod [v.7.3.1] [V.983 - Patreon] [Bedlam Games]

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes

Which version of "Change Conjuration" should be used going forward?

• Version A(Clicky)

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • Version B(Less Clicky)

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Version C(Quick and Done)

Votes: 63 58.9%
  • A different idea altogether(post it)

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Numbnutts

Aug 7, 2018
i knew it was suspicious that there was nothing in my activity feed for this thread in over 3 weeks. i just love it when a feature doesn't work :rolleyes:
if the regalia version isn't updated within 24h of franks updade feel free to dm me, i might not have noticed it

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
I know I'm tired, but I hope you ment this as sarcasm... because there is nothing stable about No Haven >.>
pure unadulterated sacrasm.
the top idiocy is keeping rags after the program die and still there are people thiking he even works honestly on the conversion
and keepingin reworking and reworking subsystem adding contents and making more shit of everything.

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
Well Bedlam released another patch as soon as word got around that Frank was at it again.
My free time is no longer infinite, so he gets more time to work on the patches in-between me working on it.

i knew it was suspicious that there was nothing in my activity feed for this thread in over 3 weeks. i just love it when a feature doesn't work :rolleyes:
if the regalia version isn't updated within 24h of franks updade feel free to dm me, i might not have noticed it
This bug with the site is a big reason I'm often concerned I'll miss it when a new update comes out.

Should be testing most of the features tonight, but just a cursory look at the changelog and the code itself suggests Bedlam got a bunch of the fixes I had jurryrigged, so that's a yay moment. Mine worked, but they weren't as pretty as they coulda been.

We should still be good for a release this Weekend, and I'll try for Friday so people who have the weekend off can actually enjoy it. Fortunately most of LD is isolated, so the biggest threat to how much time it'll take is how much needs to be rewritten so beldam's new content can actually happen with LD active.

pure unadulterated sacrasm.
the top idiocy is keeping rags after the program die and still there are people thiking he even works honestly on the conversion
and keeping on reworking and reworking subsystem adding contents and making more shit of everything.
Well, Bedlam's scared of everyone jumping ship if he pauses development to work strictly on developing the game in a better engine.

That being said, one of my favourite RAGS games from when I was younger, The Lilith Device, is finally being finished and it'll be on RAGS, and I'm not unhappy about that.

Last edited:

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Well, Bedlam's scared of everyone jumping ship if he pauses development to work strictly on developing the game in a better engine.
i disagree, even the most obtuse person can test how awful no haven run. most of them will probably will be very happy if he force the transition.

and I don't advocate for a full stop of rags version, but adding only things easly migrable in the new platform.
and for anything is holy and good in the world stop reworking systems.

That being said, one of my favourite RAGS games from when I was younger, The Lilith Device, is finally being finished and it'll be on RAGS, and I'm not unhappy about that.
well, lilith device it's a totally different type of game, one using well rags features. and a regalia conversion should works very well.

and i my hope

{and yes, it's one of my favourite 18+ game of all time}

Reactions: NiftyFree

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
Thanks. Your good work is appreciated.
Should be up tomorrow or Tuesday; figured out why I couldn't get his new stuff to work, just haven't had time to test everything. I really should enlist some henchmen to do that... I'm 90% certain there are people who play my releases just for the bug hunt.

Reactions: Numbnutts

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Should be up tomorrow or Tuesday; figured out why I couldn't get his new stuff to work, just haven't had time to test everything. I really should enlist some henchmen to do that... I'm 90% certain there are people who play my releases just for the bug hunt.
well, masochist exist. so...

• Haha
Reactions: Numbnutts

bluerender

Jun 14, 2018
btw , there seems to be a bug in some versions , where we choose a gender and it starts to alight to another .

it used to work well, but after the addition of new categories like futa and male , it tends to shift towards male slaver applicants , most of the time . even other categories tend to shift away from the chosen recruit able genders ...

PolarJade

Sep 24, 2017
i disagree, even the most obtuse person can test how awful no haven run. most of them will probably will be very happy if he force the transition.

and I don't advocate for a full stop of rags version, but adding only things easly migrable in the new platform.
and for anything is holy and good in the world stop reworking systems.

well, lilith device it's a totally different type of game, one using well rags features. and a regalia conversion should works very well.

and i my hope

{and yes, it's one of my favourite 18+ game of all time}
it's also not your paycheck. being reluctant to risk it makes sense from their perspective

Reactions: hawkloner

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
btw , there seems to be a bug in some versions , where we choose a gender and it starts to alight to another .

it used to work well, but after the addition of new categories like futa and male , it tends to shift towards male slaver applicants , most of the time . even other categories tend to shift away from the chosen recruit able genders ...
this... is causing me grief. I can have it fixed only for it to fall apart in my next test playthrough. Like it's deisgned not to be a 100% that gender when you select it, so I created a switch that makes it 100% that gender, but it still seems to fuck up :(

I'll scrape it out and keeping trying after I've gotten the update is out. Delayed it too long now.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
it's also not your paycheck. being reluctant to risk it makes sense from their perspective
this type of analysis are part of my job, basically. so yes, you can say it's my paycheck.
bedlam has show in the years a partcular egregious resistance to learn even the basic or coding netique. each of them will make is job significatively better

Oct 2, 2018:
BedlamGames knows that he needs a better engine. He has acknowledged it. / He's currently migrating to Twine.

Five. Fucking. Years. Ago.

in five years you can build a game from scratch. we can call clown a clown?

Last edited:
  • Angry

Snakes

Jul 22, 2017
this type of analysis are part of my job, basically. so yes, you can say it's my paycheck.
I think you are missing the point. The point was Bedlam's paycheck.

From Bedlam's perspective, he is getting paid to make/update the game that currently in RAGS. He can point to the game/releases and show that he is doing something. With the Twine version, there isn't anything tangible. Even with the development streams/videos, there isn't a game release. If he stops work on RAGS and only focuses on Twine, would Patrons leave? I remember about 4 years ago, he ran a poll with this exact question. I basically came down to 60% of patrons saying they would stay if he switched. Bedlam looked at that saying that if he switched that he would lose the 40%. Losing 40% of your paycheck is pretty bad for something that you can't point to and say "This is better", at least until you have a demo or a release.

Now that being said, I still pointed out at the time that yes, he may lose 40% but others would probably join making up or even possibly surpassing the current funding. Since then he has lost some of his patrons anyway because of it taking so long to do anything in either direction.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
I think you are missing the point. The point was Bedlam's paycheck.
and my paycheck is take situation and data and analyze them to better plan any future action. and i do this for free here. lol.

From Bedlam's perspective, he is getting paid to make/update the game that currently in RAGS. He can point to the game/releases and show that he is doing something. With the Twine version, there isn't anything tangible. Even with the development streams/videos, there isn't a game release. If he stops work on RAGS and only focuses on Twine, would Patrons leave? I remember about 4 years ago, he ran a poll with this exact question. I basically came down to 60% of patrons saying they would stay if he switched. Bedlam looked at that saying that if he switched that he would lose the 40%. Losing 40% of your paycheck is pretty bad for something that you can't point to and say "This is better", at least until you have a demo or a release.
you are omitting and distorcing a huge amount of factor and element. this on top on working with some shaky assumption.

the biggest assumption is "working in twine mean kill rags build". this it's obviously not true. you can allocate some time to keep the rags version rolling, focusing in high volume, low system and very portable content. expecially the last element "very portable" mean you can translate them in the new frameworks with barely any works, so you avoid the double works problem.

what you are avoiding is the fact he his actively developing the conversion, so he still using his time to go forward with the development of the new frameworks. it's not a question of IF anymore (and wasn't a if question even 5 years ago). like you are try to make to pass. and the fact he is working is because some of his big patreon are explicit asked a minimum amount of hour to develop the new engine because are feedup of rags.

and the big missing point, twine is a one of the most used frameworks nowdays, it's twine or renpy, rags was extensively used ten/fifteen years ago. modernize the frameworks will make the new product a lot more marketable, you are only focusing the ipotetical loss, not the potential gain, and they basically steamroll any loss in few months in the wrost case.

anothet thing you are basically omitting it's obviously inpetitude of bedlam as developer. you want a developer pushing rags well beyond is limit, take dollmistress as example. bedlam works is similar to someone trowing things at the wall and check what is stiking on it.

and i repeat after 5 years, even working on week over ten at the new frameworks a fucking working mechanical alpha should be done, the best he report are "good progress". FFS we are talking about someone doing it as his first works, not someone working in his free time with other four project to compete for it.

and i add bedlam release something when this mod is "release tomorrow". the behaviour is so predictable Frank N. Stein used it to skip a couple of release. and still most of the commendable works he do is just fix thinghs broken in the game since forever or make them works as intentended because they don't in the base game.

Now that being said, I still pointed out at the time that yes, he may lose 40% but others would probably join making up or even possibly surpassing the current funding. Since then he has lost some of his patrons anyway because of it taking so long to do anything in either direction.
or he can lose nothing and move his ass and do something for once. but it's clear he isn't working in good faith, but only because he will lost some of the big spender if don't even try to make an attempt.

• Angry

A.sapien

Nov 9, 2017
.... I feel like your oversimplifying the idea of using twine as an engine for this type of game. Yes twine is a nice simple engine for a game, no its not really even remotely designed for No haven's gameplay....not even remotely. The good news is its relatively easy to use twine as a frontend and and build an entirely new backend with JS. It only took the Free Cities mod crew (several of which seem to be very capable (semi)professional programmers) mmh 3 years (I can't remember when exactly they removed the last of the legacy code) to convert the whole game. and that was twine to twine. alas I'm oversimplifying too

That said I really do think he should have found a programmer he was willing to collaborate with instead of trying to keep everything so close to his chest. It would have made everyone (probably including himself in the long run) happier. TBH I think he enjoys the challenge of self teaching or something.

Last edited:

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
.... I feel like your oversimplifying the idea of using twine as an engine for this type of game. Yes twine is a nice simple engine for a game, no its not really even remotely designed for No haven's gameplay....not even remotely. The good news is its relatively easy to use twine as a frontend and and build an entirely new backend with JS. It only took the Free Cities mod crew (several of which seem to be very capable (semi)professional programmers) mmh 3 years (I can't remember when exactly they removed the last of the legacy code) to convert the whole game. and that was twine to twine. alas I'm oversimplifying too
irrilevant. he is working to a twine conversion at least for the last five years. and he never changed that.
so the question "is twine the right frameworks" is immaterial. bedlam already ponder the question and given the answer.

if you ask me the question... the answer is easy, obviously no, it's not the right frameworks. but it's easly moddable and there is a huge amount o "things" aready done with the frameworks, so for anyone wanting fix the mess bedlam will make it's easier compared other system. and it's very hard for bedlam to lock his game too. so his effort to block any mod are basically useless. another big plus.

That said I really do think he should have found a programmer he was willing to collaborate with instead of trying to keep everything so close to his chest. It would have made everyone (probably including himself in the long run) happier. TBH I think he enjoys the challenge of self teaching or something.
the most kind thing i can say about him he is in the full dunning-kruger effect. he changed the game multiple time because someone posted in the wiki some not so precise info. even when one user posted here how recruiting all the special character he changed most of them. just for spite because all the info he want the player know is the one he explicit write in the game text.

with a fucking game about success rates in explicit number, few decines of traits, a huge amount of race and a bazzilion of other factors if the single dev is the only one with the knowledge of the internal math you can have only a shitstorm of fuking spaghetti code and nothing more.

with just a bit of humilty, asking help to few if not professional, but at least seasoned programmers he can improve everything for few magnitudes.... but no. put in discussion his ability... more or less a crime of treason for him.

Zanurah

Jul 10, 2022
It really does seem like the only thing really holding back this game's potential is the dev himself...

I mean, I get it. Some folks want to be fully in control of their creation. I find that is something worthy of respect but at the same time I'd probably look for help if a project has become too much for me to handle alone. If only to see my creation become something truly great rather than be held back. And No Haven's potential is definitely being held back.

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
Updates out! Straight up, there was so much sorcery involved in getting this to a working point that I feel targeted. Also, the number of bugs you report should be painful to me.
Fixed a lot of bugs. Both in the base game and with the mod. Biomancy should be a lot more stable. Removed a handful of the restrictions from various effects that were there just because Bedlam wanted them (more things along the lines of why you can't shrink futa dick).
Found bugfixes from Loaded Dice in the base game prior to my manipulations... Gonna call that a coincidence for now.
I realized there was no point in not adding distinctions and endearments to Quality of Life.
Oh, if you find I missed something in the update, say so. I got this nagging voice in the back of my saying I did, but I cannot find it.

Links are in the OP.

-Updated the Core Mod and Lightweight edition to the current version of the base game.
-Killed some bugs. Introduced more bugs.
-Added Distinctions and Endearments under Quality of Life in Loaded Dice. Should allow you constantly refill them, and to spend Distinctions on any day.

-Going forward, the previous two updates will be living in the Mega and Mediafire folders. Both for me and for you.

A.sapien

Nov 9, 2017
YaAAY, thanks Frank, I hope things are going well. A quick look and I think whenever I try to general chat with someone (trying to spend hypno triggers) it goes to the corruption menu.

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes