Cheat Mod RAGS [ON HIATUS] No Haven: Cheat Mod [v0.79 TF] [Bedlam games]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
Since you didn't see my edit earlier :V
Bug: Generate Armour/Clothing only gives Slave wear.
It generates random armour / clothing as it would if you crafted it, at least it should, since I reused the game's functions.

Zargod

Sep 8, 2017
Maybe or just No Haven's shitty RNG.
My guess would be the latter, given that my (veteran) Smith in my last playthrough gave almost entirely slavewear, in spite of Crafting Focus set to armor. Oh and speaking of"shitty RNG", I've been getting further confirmation of something that I read somewhere that it lies about mission probabilities (typically low probability outcomes have a higher probability than stated -- which, if you're choosing slavers and assignments to maximise success and/or crit chance, will almost always work against you).

Reactions: Semeicardia

revan335

Aug 5, 2016
So in the previous version of your mod I made my second in command my sister but was unable to remove her from the position. I wanted to have her as my bedwarmer. Can this be done with this version of the mod?

NIxon529

Nov 30, 2016
also on your plan of making your own game like no haven
Unity offers some features that you explained earlier
You would be able to have server side information and what not and be able to regulate content and features for the game based off their account for your site or whatever
a pretty good example would be BubleGum Raptor's "Kingdom Defiled"

Zargod

Sep 8, 2017
So in the previous version of your mod I made my second in command my sister but was unable to remove her from the position. I wanted to have her as my bedwarmer. Can this be done with this version of the mod?
I'm fairly sure the game only allows you to set a new 2iC when the first one is killed off. This is an element of the base game, and would probably be problematical to code around.

Zargod

Sep 8, 2017
One problematical aspect of the Assignments>Remove ALL menu option is that it removes the standard assignments, which as far as I can ascertain, never regenerate, including Exploration ones. This leaves you permanently reliant solely on the cheat-generated assignments thereafter.

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
My guess would be the latter, given that my (veteran) Smith in my last playthrough gave almost entirely slavewear, in spite of Crafting Focus set to armor. Oh and speaking of"shitty RNG", I've been getting further confirmation of something that I read somewhere that it lies about mission probabilities (typically low probability outcomes have a higher probability than stated -- which, if you're choosing slavers and assignments to maximise success and/or crit chance, will almost always work against you).
True, which is something I am going to attempt to fix when I do my remake. Not much can be done for this version, sadly.

You should be able to, simply change the position of your second in command and then assign her the bed warmer role. It should be possible :)

also on your plan of making your own game like no haven
Unity offers some features that you explained earlier
You would be able to have server side information and what not and be able to regulate content and features for the game based off their account for your site or whatever
a pretty good example would be BubleGum Raptor's "Kingdom Defiled"
While I know how to code in Unity, I am going to stick to RAGS for the first remake, because I am a lot more familiar with RAGS than Unity, though I do know how to code in Unity (C#) and then entirely web-based (PHP) for the second remake.

I'm fairly sure the game only allows you to set a new 2iC when the first one is killed off. This is an element of the base game, and would probably be problematical to code around.
Technically changing the position of the slaver should be enough, I think :)

One problematical aspect of the Assignments>Remove ALL menu option is that it removes the standard assignments, which as far as I can ascertain, never regenerate, including Exploration ones. This leaves you permanently reliant solely on the cheat-generated assignments thereafter.
I'll see what I can do to fix it for v5.
The remove all is there just in case you generate WAY too many assignments and you will not be able to read which mission you are going to because there are too many. But as I said, I'll see if I can get it to re-add standard assignments in v5.

Zargod

Sep 8, 2017
The remove all is there just in case you generate WAY too many assignments and you will not be able to read which mission you are going to because there are too many.
Given that the generate-new-assignment cheat seems to only add one assignment at a time (making it a fairly marginal cheat -- adding the equivalent of an 'exploration' in that area might be better), this isn't that big a deal -- you have to go through the generation loop a large number of times (or severely spam exploration of the area) to reach this stage. I did it once, just to see what would happen, but don't see it causing a problem unless players are intentionally silly.

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
Given that the generate-new-assignment cheat seems to only add one assignment at a time (making it a fairly marginal cheat -- adding the equivalent of an 'exploration' in that area might be better), this isn't that big a deal -- you have to go through the generation loop a large number of times (or severely spam exploration of the area) to reach this stage. I did it once, just to see what would happen, but don't see it causing a problem unless players are intentionally silly.
Working in tech support, I can tell you that some people are just silly and beyond sense or reason.
I do think that the average user will use my mod as intended, but you never know.
Anyhow, I will try to add the standard assignments after clearing them all.

Zargod

Sep 8, 2017
Oddball glitch: when you try to add traits to a slaver/slave who is not the last character generated (whether they have turned up yet, or are merely the product of a recently-launched mission), they have their visible details (though not their actual details, which are still used to calculate assignment successes) overwritten by that last character. I currently have a Veteran Succubus Mistress (Mistress of Torments) masquerading as an "Inexperienced Slave" of a different name and traits (about to turn up in a day or two from a raid on a Goblin village).
Playing v4.1, this started happening again a couple of months into the game.

As previously mentioned, I'm really loving this mod, it's enabling me to see far more of the game, which in turn is showing me some of the really fascinating bugs in it. XD

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
Playing v4.1, this started happening again a couple of months into the game.

As previously mentioned, I'm really loving this mod, it's enabling me to see far more of the game, which in turn is showing me some of the really fascinating bugs in it. XD
I'll try to look into whether it is fixable.
Once I am done with V5, which is currently most just going to have an image viewer / image gallery, I'll start on the remake, which once I am done with it should be able to provide the experience this game wanted to give players but failed to deliver. :)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote