4.50 star(s) 14 Votes

The Silver Bard

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2017
hey The Silver Bard got a few questions:
1. will you add a option to play as a girl or/and futa?
2. why are the girls not using paizuri-titfuck skills?
3. will all skills have a cg picture for each girl?
Sorry Decker. For some reason I didn't get a notification when you posted, so I didn't see your questions.
1. No. The writing and art required isn't feasible. I'm experimenting with temporary gender transformations during a fight, but nothing that would affect the story.
2. The paizuri attack has a fairly high Seduction requirement, so you won't see it early in the game.
3. No. I did the math somewhere, either in this thread or another forum. It would be a couple thousand pictures. We can reliably add a few CG a month, but we aren't going to hit a thousand.

If you can't animations working in swing, there are at least a couple ways to add a JavaFX component to something in swing. Hell if you let me know what kind of file format you would use I'd write you most of what you need; shouldn't be hard. You wouldn't need to commit to actually adding anything of course.
I don't have much experience with JavaFX, but that does look like a reasonable way to go if we wanted to add animation. I've also been approached by a community member who is experimenting with rewriting the UI in libGDX. I don't think animation would really fit Night Games, but it's nice to know there are options.

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
This game is very soft. the sex all on foreplay. Why is so small on the hard sex and femdom?
Sex gets more "hardcore" the later into the game you get, though there is a lot of emphasis on grappling and foreplay, thats just how it is. if you want to try a more hardcore option consider looking up the nightgames mod, it's not got the art, balance or content and is rather inactive these day due to the silver bard getting back into devving on night games main but it's there if you want to try it.

as for the femdom aspect the mod contains mechanics not in the main game like addiction to particular girls and has the option for using a female or herm character, it's great in that respect but like i said, not that stable.

Actually don't look it up i've found it for you (hope it's OK to link to another forum)

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
Thank you. You understand this is closer to what I mean. :)

Has not update in long time, but it very good system! Does Silver Bard know? Addiction makes bugs but other parts are very very good!
The Silver Bard has commented on the thread that i linked to earlier so he's aware that the mod exists, if he keeps up to date with it or not i don't know.

As for the development status of the mod don't be deceived by the latest official update time, the mod became large an unwieldy leading to bugs in things like addiction so a guy, Ryplin i believe took it on himself to overhaul it, you can find the WIP overhaul on github i think, I've got one of the cleaned up versions and it's pretty good, you'll have to dig about in the thread a little to find it though. For clarification that edition i'm referring to was released this year, after march i think or some time around there.

The Silver Bard

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2017
Yeah, I keep an eye on the mod and whenever they develop something new, I look into whether it would be worth integrating into the main game. Samantha, the minimap, and keyboard shortcuts were originally from the mod.

The Silver Bard

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2017
I'm fine with some fetishy fanservice as long as it doesn't actively harm the game.
  • Addictions do not fit Night Games either thematically or mechanically. There isn't a way I can include them that won't make the game worse.
  • The Willpower system causes the fights to drag in a way that is catastrophic for pacing. It does add some strategic possibilities, but the tradeoff isn't worth it.
  • Team Battles never worked. That entire system is a tangled mess.
  • The body modification system is only partially implemented, which is fine for a mod, but not in the main game. People expect mod content to be janky and unfinished, but expectations are higher for official releases.
  • So far I haven't seen anything in the advanced classes that is particularly interesting.
Let me know if I'm missing any features from the mod

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
I personally liked willpower but i can see what you mean about pacing and willpower in the mod did mean that nights could take a very long time in the later part of the game, that said i think a simpler first to cum game format isn't always better, sometimes it can be too quick and feel like the game is 70% foreplay, 20% stripping and manoeuvring and 10% sex, especially if a girl is a bad match up for you're starting weakness. Don't get me wrong the game is awesome but there isn't a huge incentive to go in for penetrative sex currently, it's far safer to pin/bind and lick or finger until Mojo is near the top, then go directly to spiral thrust or similar as a finisher.

I wonder if there is room in the game for a challenge or something similar that makes games best of three cums for a night?
This would remove the need for willpower but give the player chance to use strategies where it would be Ok to give away one cum if it put you in a situation to win the next two, for example going for anal penetration fairly early because of how debilitating it is to most girls.

The Silver Bard

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2017
playing as female/shemale maybe?
That's just surface level. You can pick female or futa at character creation, but everyone will still refer to your character as male. You'll still have a penis and not have breasts or a vagina.

I suppose it's progressive to be able to pick what gender your character self-identifies as, but if I put a gender selector in the character creator and you were still biologically male, I think most players would be disappointed. That's another one of those compromises that's acceptable in a mod, but not a full game.

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
That's just surface level. You can pick female or futa at character creation, but everyone will still refer to your character as male. You'll still have a penis and not have breasts or a vagina.

I suppose it's progressive to be able to pick what gender your character self-identifies as, but if I put a gender selector in the character creator and you were still biologically male, I think most players would be disappointed. That's another one of those compromises that's acceptable in a mod, but not a full game.
Is it level of complexity or volume of writing that is the main reason for female/futa player characters being a problem?, because while none of us could help with complexity the volume of writing could be alleviated by spreading the load, which was one of the strong points of the mod, many hands makes light work.

The Silver Bard

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2017
Is it level of complexity or volume of writing that is the main reason for female/futa player characters being a problem?, because while none of us could help with complexity the volume of writing could be alleviated by spreading the load, which was one of the strong points of the mod, many hands makes light work.
It's the writing and the art. The combat engine can handle non-male players. It checks the usability of skills based on the presence of genitals, which is based on a gender trait. Easy

However, if you wanted to change the player character's gender, most of the writing and art in the game would need to be redone. That's a couple hundred scenes and a few dozen pictures that assume the player character is male.
Setting aside the art, I don't think I can find enough writers to handle that volume.

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
It's the writing and the art. The combat engine can handle non-male players. It checks the usability of skills based on the presence of genitals, which is based on a gender trait. Easy

However, if you wanted to change the player character's gender, most of the writing and art in the game would need to be redone. That's a couple hundred scenes and a few dozen pictures that assume the player character is male.
Setting aside the art, I don't think I can find enough writers to handle that volume.
I can't speak for pictures but i think you'd be surprised about the number of potential writers that would be interested. One of the first thing that the mod did was bring in the female player character, i think it may even have been one of the main reasons for the mod.

If you were to make a list of the scenes needed and put it out on the forums, here, on your site and on the mods thread that writers could write, submit a scene and get their name in the credits i think you'd get a fair bit of interest, just off the top of my head i think nergantre, DNDW, darksinfulmage and handful of others from the mod would be interested, though you'd have to ask them

I agree it is a lot of work, even if we were to say hypothetically there were around 500 scenes to write while this is a huge volume for one person, if the load were spread to even 5 or 6 people that you considered up to the task it could be done in a decent time period or even over an extended period since this wouldn't be a priority. More likely is that you have a large uptake and that some of the submitted scenes are not up to scratch, you'd need to run something like a google doc so that people could see what scenes were covered or not and it would take a fair amount of you're time for quality control, though this should be considerably less than if you were to write it all yourself.

It's only a suggestion but this group work format works well at times, it's the only reason MGQ paradox is being translated at a reasonable pace, Dargoth would never be able to translate that many lines on his own. I'm aware this isn't really the same thing as translating from Japanese to English but we have to take into account that writing in English to a decent standard is probably more common of a skill than functional J to E translation skills even taking into consideration the size difference of the two fan-bases.

The Silver Bard

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2017
I
I do not mean the addiction, body modification or willpower. I mean the femdom and better sex options.
Can you elaborate on that please?

I can't speak for pictures but i think you'd be surprised about the number of potential writers that would be interested. One of the first thing that the mod did was bring in the female player character, i think it may even have been one of the main reasons for the mod.

If you were to make a list of the scenes needed and put it out on the forums, here, on your site and on the mods thread that writers could write, submit a scene and get their name in the credits i think you'd get a fair bit of interest, just off the top of my head i think nergantre, DNDW, darksinfulmage and handful of others from the mod would be interested, though you'd have to ask them
The mod was primarily created to incorporate transformation and corruption mechanics into Night Games to make it more closely resemble CoC. A lot of people believe that the mod added the ability to play as a female character, but that's just a common misconception. The mod added a gender option to the character creation screen, but it was never implemented in any meaningful way. That is because no one wanted to do the writing for it.

Nergantre and dndw are done working on Night Games. Darksinfulmage is still poking at the code, but he's not interested in doing any writing. The mod community has always had trouble finding writers, which is why years after the mod was created, there are only a handful of extra scenes that aren't from the base game.

As someone who has been soliciting writers for years, I can tell you that it is quite hard to find interested people. It's been a little better since I started being able to afford a dedicated writing budget. However, even when I'm paying for scenes, I've found that about 5-6 scenes a month is about the limit of what I can expect.

Kinni

Jul 30, 2017
For some reason, the images that should appear during the girls day events aren't showing up anymore, even though the battle images are still normal. Do you have any idea what's the problem?

The Silver Bard

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2017
For some reason, the images that should appear during the girls day events aren't showing up anymore, even though the battle images are still normal. Do you have any idea what's the problem?
Did you switch from the premium version to the normal version? The daytime images are only in the premium version.

Kinni

Jul 30, 2017
Did you switch from the premium version to the normal version? The daytime images are only in the premium version.
Well, I guess so. I downloaded here previously, and now that the update came out, I decided to redownload it, but it seems this time only the normal version is available here.

The Silver Bard

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2017
I'm only providing the standard version for download and none of my Patrons have decided to leak the premium build for the new version.

Reactions: blob987

track989

Mar 25, 2018
Can you elaborate on that please?
Not him but to chime in, I would say the NGM features that might be good merged into NG vanilla are:
-A couple of extra stances, which caters to certain fetishes as well as slightly expanding "combo" mechanics with multi-turn setups. Facesitting/paizuri/footjob(?) being stances with sub-moves is the main thing, but IIRC it also distinguishes between anal doggie and anal missionary. I think there are breast smothering, breastfeeding, facefuck, foot worship stances etc too but these are of varying appropriateness for the core game
-Nothing as crazy as the addictions system, but specific temporary penalties for losing, especially in specific ways - kinda like the grudge wins system, or the mara/succubus win/loss scenes that cause some arousal/energy changes. eg: cum inside Kat and she'll start her remaining fights with you that night already in heat, get pegged by Angel or Jewel and she'll start fights with a strapon equipped, generally beef up each scene with some kind of post-fight condition that mechanically gives game consquences to the scene, even if it's quite minor
-Fights last longer in the mod because of willpower and it does get to be too long, but i still like the concept of a best-of-3 even though it'd be a load of rewriting. I do find in the core game I often reach a point where many fights (wins and losses) are 10-20 turns of stripping/violence followed by about 3 turns of penetration/fingering/footjobs from the floor, maybe i'm just speccing too much glass cannon and losing/winning fast whenever pleasure is involved though

i think if i had one feature request it'd be the stances / combos thing, though. the other things wouldn't be that consequential even if added

The Silver Bard

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2017
Not him but to chime in, I would say the NGM features that might be good merged into NG vanilla are:
-A couple of extra stances, which caters to certain fetishes as well as slightly expanding "combo" mechanics with multi-turn setups. Facesitting/paizuri/footjob(?) being stances with sub-moves is the main thing, but IIRC it also distinguishes between anal doggie and anal missionary. I think there are breast smothering, breastfeeding, facefuck, foot worship stances etc too but these are of varying appropriateness for the core game
-Nothing as crazy as the addictions system, but specific temporary penalties for losing, especially in specific ways - kinda like the grudge wins system, or the mara/succubus win/loss scenes that cause some arousal/energy changes. eg: cum inside Kat and she'll start her remaining fights with you that night already in heat, get pegged by Angel or Jewel and she'll start fights with a strapon equipped, generally beef up each scene with some kind of post-fight condition that mechanically gives game consquences to the scene, even if it's quite minor
-Fights last longer in the mod because of willpower and it does get to be too long, but i still like the concept of a best-of-3 even though it'd be a load of rewriting. I do find in the core game I often reach a point where many fights (wins and losses) are 10-20 turns of stripping/violence followed by about 3 turns of penetration/fingering/footjobs from the floor, maybe i'm just speccing too much glass cannon and losing/winning fast whenever pleasure is involved though

i think if i had one feature request it'd be the stances / combos thing, though. the other things wouldn't be that consequential even if added
I've seen those stances in the mod's repository, but I was under the impression they hadn't been fully implemented yet. I'll take a closer look at them.

I like the concept of changing the game state based on the results of previous fights, but I don't think I necessarily want to penalize the player for losing a fight. The grudge system was implemented to make consecutive victories more challenging, since the player is already doing well then. However, if the player is already struggling, I don't want to make it worse for them.

I've been playing with the idea of a best of three variant. I have one big sticking point though. If fights will last multiple orgasms, I would want them to consume more in-match time (probably 5 minutes per round). As a consequence, it's much more likely that a third party will stumble onto the fight and intervene. A which point, what happens? Should the full three-round set be decided by the intervention? Should that just be one round of the fight? Then what?

dd777

Jun 10, 2017
I've seen those stances in the mod's repository, but I was under the impression they hadn't been fully implemented yet. I'll take a closer look at them.

I like the concept of changing the game state based on the results of previous fights, but I don't think I necessarily want to penalize the player for losing a fight. The grudge system was implemented to make consecutive victories more challenging, since the player is already doing well then. However, if the player is already struggling, I don't want to make it worse for them.

I've been playing with the idea of a best of three variant. I have one big sticking point though. If fights will last multiple orgasms, I would want them to consume more in-match time (probably 5 minutes per round). As a consequence, it's much more likely that a third party will stumble onto the fight and intervene. A which point, what happens? Should the full three-round set be decided by the intervention? Should that just be one round of the fight? Then what?
Maybe you could have interventions be more a bonus/malus rather than instant fight enders? Like, if Kat intervenes, that character starts the next round with less clothing or naked, if it's Jewel, then one side starts the round at low Stamina or stunned, if it's Cassie, start the round with high/max Mojo,etc.?

4.50 star(s) 14 Votes