Fanard

Jun 13, 2017
ok so i played the game a bit, do your children have events that show that they are growing up or do they stay as infants forever

Reactions: sparrow_rose

O.Henry

Dec 23, 2017
I was a supporter for games like these, and most cases, they just churn through patrons. Especially when patrons gets burned by being censored anywhere off of patreon. Had most of my comments removed from his blog. Those that stick around tend to hope for change rather than be pissed off and cease support like someone mentioned above. People tend to see an investment as a reason to stick around rather than to cut their losses. Those a part of the new life community seem to want to take charge and work on it even if SO wants to take his time.
This is so true.

I actually supported the game for a few months over a year ago with the hope that the game would eventually allow you to play as a male. Can you imagine how great a game would be with the ability to be a male character with this level of writing? Multiple relationships and marriages (positive and negative), the ability to steal other's wives or girlfriends, the impregnation system alone would be fantastic, but alas, I stopped supporting after I realized this will always be a vanilla game. Now I just follow it with a dream.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2018
Its super vanilla, little real choices in sexual content or interactions. And all the new content is always User submitted content from the discord. He is literally just doing bug updates. On occasion he has released new features like marriage and home life and pregnancy along with proper relationships. Buts its all the same content. No different jobs, body statures are "Small, fit, womanly" So no real effect, and limited events. Like literally 12 sex events total. All hella vanilla other than the lowlive one, which is also fairly vanilla. Considering its literally a text game, and things like liliths throne and TITS exist, wait for the dev to get serious. Its seriously been 2-3 years of development only for this. Triple AA games release faster

Reactions: polina

Pajonk

Jun 27, 2017
Yep, i like this game but its so painfully boring with the amount of content. I myself have like a trillion ideas for so many scenes and stuff. If only the dev would not be such a fucking lazy maggot. I wish every single patreon would cancel their sub. This dev deserved nothing.

Reactions: polina

yellomit

Jul 24, 2017
So, I haven't played this game for quite a while. Maybe close to a year.

To see that little to nothing has been added since then it just mind-boggling. This game had all the potential in the world, but now it is clearly just a cash-grab. Thank god I never gave him any of my money. I'd be even more furious.

kymico

Nov 29, 2016
This genre (SimGirl Life) is such an untapped market whoever can properly make such a game can easily make a living off of it for a few years. Until there's competition, Newlife will continue to produce minor updates. The Dev is already working on the foundation of the new game as he moves to an "easier to code" architecture.

ikaruga

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
4.0.23 is avalaible since october for free, 0.4.24 for patreon.
Could we have an update ?

DagonKel

Jul 27, 2017
4.0.23 is avalaible since october for free, 0.4.24 for patreon.
Could we have an update ?

The link to 0.4.24 is back on page 45. I have been playing it. The DL is good.

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
I am looking at that thread frequently to see if someone finally takes over the game to add content which is worth mentioning. As fatr as I see there hasn't been any update worth giving it a try again since more than a year. So I don't understand why people keep asking for the most recent updates while knowing it brings close to nothing or just bullshit. I would really suggest ignoring this game completely on this site until someone takes it over or the dev surprises everyone with a substantial update. Discussing that stuff here gives the dev and his long time dead game more credit than he and the game deserve.

Reactions: Pajonk
Mar 16, 2018
I went through the discord and literally ALL the new content over the last year or so has been user submitted content. ALL OF IT. From marriage vows, to home scenes, to character type changes, to prostitution and cheating. ALL of it was user submitted.

NextTimeMaybe

Jan 27, 2018
I am looking at that thread frequently to see if someone finally takes over the game to add content which is worth mentioning. As fatr as I see there hasn't been any update worth giving it a try again since more than a year. So I don't understand why people keep asking for the most recent updates while knowing it brings close to nothing or just bullshit. I would really suggest ignoring this game completely on this site until someone takes it over or the dev surprises everyone with a substantial update. Discussing that stuff here gives the dev and his long time dead game more credit than he and the game deserve.
Soooooo, if I were (hypothetically) to start learning how to code, and went on with a similar game that would be close to a shameless rip-off, and (hypothetically) posted regular updates and (hypothetically) started a patreon to hire writers... I guess you can tell where this is going ;)

I'm thinking of a similar game (or downright identical one), plus housing/carreer options, plus locations like a swimming pool, sauna, beach, shopping mall, university (I mean, what's stopping the MC from getting further education?), plus RPG-like stats (intellect, fitness, happiness to begin with), plus... yeah, I'm kinda running short on ideas right now, it's morning and I hadn't had my coffee yet. So perhaps any of you have more ideas?

Inb4, this is a huge task, so let me once again highlight the "hypothetical" nature of everything I just wrote :p

EDIT: Okay, had my coffee and now I'm thinking of some events like trips abroad (how about a week-long trip to Ibiza, you go gurl!), perhaps some quests that would add to the story. Also, a mood indicator, where the MC has decreased happiness if she's been mistreated (unless she has low self-esteem, then she goes all "meh, it's what I deserve anyway"), and that affects her stats/job performance. Plus, some more post-marriage options would be nice, since after a wedding, it's basically game over, if you don't count the occasional "morning routine"

Last edited:

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
Soooooo, if I were (hypothetically) to start learning how to code, and went on with a similar game that would be close to a shameless rip-off, and (hypothetically) posted regular updates and (hypothetically) started a patreon to hire writers... I guess you can tell where this is going ;)

I'm thinking of a similar game (or downright identical one), plus housing/carreer options, plus locations like a swimming pool, sauna, beach, shopping mall, university (I mean, what's stopping the MC from getting further education?), plus RPG-like stats (intellect, fitness, happiness to begin with), plus... yeah, I'm kinda running short on ideas right now, it's morning and I hadn't had my coffee yet. So perhaps any of you have more ideas?

Inb4, this is a huge task, so let me once again highlight the "hypothetical" nature of everything I just wrote :p
That's the spirit! More locations would be a good way to start, e.g. the tipical stuff (compare "Life Choices") as you said - park, beach, red light district (maybe with glory hole opportunities), health centre (with pool and sauna). A location which might be fun to add would be a funfair.

The most missing sexual action would be lesbian stuff. And of course moresomes.

My favourite stat would be exhibitionsm which would open up many possibilities.

If you hypothetically started working on that stuff it would be quite a lot to do starting with that kind of stuff. Build it, slowly, but build it!

Reactions: NextTimeMaybe

NextTimeMaybe

Jan 27, 2018
That's the spirit! More locations would be a good way to start, e.g. the tipical stuff (compare "Life Choices") as you said - park, beach, red light district (maybe with glory hole opportunities), health centre (with pool and sauna). A location which might be fun to add would be a funfair.

The most missing sexual action would be lesbian stuff. And of course moresomes.

My favourite stat would be exhibitionsm which would open up many possibilities.

If you hypothetically started working on that stuff it would be quite a lot to do starting with that kind of stuff. Build it, slowly, but build it!
Moresomes are definitely my thing! Though I'm not into lesbianism (I think), so probably it's best if I had help from some other writers.
The major two things that are stopping me are a) I don't know jack about coding, and b) English isn't my first language. I used to write a lot in my spare time and was lately thinking of going back to it tho.

The main locations I'm thinking of are: hotel, beach, swimming pool, red light district, health centre, shopping mall, funfair (thank you!).

Exhibitionism is a cool idea for a stat, I can see how well that would fit into some events&scenes ;)

I might get back to Hard Times in Hornstown for inspiration, bc I think it would be best to do time management the way it is done there. I mean, not much you can do in a week with only 4 activities. What do you think?

Last edited:

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
Moresomes are deffinitely my thing! Though I'm not into lesbianism (I think), so probably it's best if I had help from some other writers.
The major two things that are stopping me are a) I don't know jack about coding, and b) English isn't my first language. I used to write a lot in my spare time and was lately thinking of going back to it tho.

The main locations I'm thinking of are: hotel, beach, swimming pool, red light district, health centre, shopping mall, funfair (thank you!).

Exhibitionism is a cool idea for a stat, I can see how well that would fit into some events&scenes ;)

I might get back to Hard Times in Hornstown for inspiration, bc I think it would be best to do time management the way it is done there. I mean, not much you can do in a week with only 4 activities. What do you think?
True. That is another big disadvantage of newlife, the weeks are not filled with many opportunities, it is a bit too close to reality for my taste...

NextTimeMaybe

Jan 27, 2018
I mean, it has its pros and cons, so I haven't decided yet whether I like it or not. But if I were to add locations, carreers, housing options (and now I can see how this might involve the MC visiting a man at his place, with options of being impressed or disappointed with how he lives - gold digger trait, maybe?), I guess it's best to provide some more freedom of movement.

Last edited:

John Noman

Mar 12, 2018
Moresomes are definitely my thing! Though I'm not into lesbianism (I think), so probably it's best if I had help from some other writers.

If you are a writer but don't know anything about coding then I may be able to offer my assistance. I'm a programmer but can't write to save my life. I love this game but have been frequently disappointed about the lack of content so I would be all for helping in an effort to remake/expand/ripoff the game. I've wanted to mod this game for about half a year now to add new features (like different locations, moresomes, stats, more detailed/realistic npc relationships) but my total inadequacy when it comes to writing has always stopped me.

If you (or anyone else, I would love to make this a community project) would be willing to write scenes for a new game similar to newlife then I could probably do the behind the scenes coding to make it into a playable game. I am in my third year of college studying Computer Science so I'm not exactly the most experienced coder but I have some history with game development and would dedicate almost all my free time to a project like this.

NextTimeMaybe

Jan 27, 2018
Wow, this is gaining colours now :D
First of all, we'd need to decide if we're making a similar game (starting from scratch, and I may have an idea for a plot based in the near future), or simply ripping off SplendidOstrich (shamelessly "acquiring" everything he has made and picking up from there, which I'm not sure can even be done).
As I said, I'm not a native English speaker, so even if (and that's a big 'if') I were to do the writing, I might need someone to look through it and improve upon my work. Plus, there's kinks out there that I'm definitely not into, which means we would need another writer (more than one probably). As soon as we find willing writers, I guess we're good to go :D

Reactions: John Noman

Happenstance

May 20, 2017
I'd volunteer for writing, if not for the fact that my experience writing sex is nonexistent. A shame, since I've recently found myself with a lot of work-related ideas for Newlife. Maybe for normal scenes?
As I said, I'm not a native English speaker, so even if (and that's a big 'if') I were to do the writing, I might need someone to look through it and improve upon my work.
If nothing else, I can at least help out in this department. I'm fairly confident in my editing ability, given I've recently had to do a lot of it for various reasons.

3.50 star(s) 34 Votes