• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py New Year's Day(e) [Ch. 4 v0.4.1] [Jonesy]

3.20 star(s) 13 Votes

MrJay

Apr 21, 2017
The original story was amazing so I had high hope for this one and yet you managed to surpass them anyway! The only thing that would have made 0.1 better was if it had a full-on sex scene, but I understand why it doesn't so I'm not at all going to hold that against you.

Also I found a visual bug:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: *Jonesy*

*Jonesy*

Obscenely Wholesome
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2022
The original story was amazing so I had high hope for this one and yet you managed to surpass them anyway! The only thing that would have made 0.1 better was if it had a full-on sex scene, but I understand why it doesn't so I'm not at all going to hold that against you.

Also I found a visual bug:
Weird. It's not off center when I play through the master files, but I unpacked the zip and sure enough it was off center. Any ideas? Oh, well. I'll add it to the punchout list for 0.1.1.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Finally a game where the girls actually look like daughters (and not supermodels) without looking like children, at least from what I see from the previews. Let's hope the personalities are nice, at least for me it's what makes me like the characters.

Btw, step daughter isn't incest. Anyway, good luck with the project.

edit: nvm, I can't fucking read and didn't noticed it was a sequel.

Jack-Atlas

Sep 8, 2020
I'm all for a good harem setup. But when two of the girls started getting it on with each other before the MC even had a chance to get in on the action, don't get me wrong, I have nothing against girl-on-girl action—it's just not my cup of tea when it happens before the MC gets a shot at them. I mean, seriously, if these girls are so head over heels for the MC, shouldn't they be focusing on him first? kinda frustrating, apart from that, the game is good and the girls look nice gl dev.

Reactions: gadu2121

MrJay

Apr 21, 2017
Weird. It's not off center when I play through the master files, but I unpacked the zip and sure enough it was off center. Any ideas? Oh, well. I'll add it to the punchout list for 0.1.1.
It's literally the only frame that's like that for me, maybe check if there's any tiny thing weird with that specific image or if anything might be wonky in the code at that place.

Reactions: *Jonesy*

dmmt

May 8, 2020
Just make a dad out of stepdad in the script.rpy file.
Who likes it can still change the age of the daughters. The incest is ready.

Is that all thats needed? One find-replace in the one lone file?

dmmt

May 8, 2020
It's literally only one line, just open script.rpy with Notepad ++ or whatever text editor you use and search "stepdad" and just remove step., and save.

TY for that. I have not coded since the days of Fortran and COBOL, so have been extremely hesitant to peek inside the game file. But if that's all it takes, that's STUPID easy. (It also explains how a 6g game, can have a 4.3MB i-patch, since it essentially just minor modifiction to the xxx.rpy file.)

Good friend of mine, may he R.I.P., was a brilliant actuary. He always said "Any day I learn something new, is a successful day". TY. You made today, a successful day.

Last edited:

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
TY for that. I have not coded since the days of Fortran and COBOL, so have been extremely hesitant to peek inside the game file. But if that's all it takes, that's STUPID easy. (It also explains how a 6g game, can have a 4.3MB i-patch, since it essentially just minor modifiction to the xxx.rpf file.)

Good friend of mine, may he R.I.P., was a brilliant actuary. He always said "Any day I learn something new, is a successful day". TY. You made today, a successful day.
Yeah, I mean most of the time you can open the script.rpy and tinker, some games are more difficult, and some require some re-writes or added bits.

Someone just made one here, anc changed that, and I think added a bit more cotnet, or changed some writing a bit.

Reactions: alfeatcat

BoltonGuy35

Mar 25, 2018
It's literally only one line, just open script.rpy with Notepad ++ or whatever text editor you use and search "stepdad" and just remove step., and save.
Say for instance you wanted to make Becky the girls aunt and either the mc's sister or heathers sister, I'm guessing that would take rewriting certain parts of the script? If you knew how obviously lol.... Not that I do, would just be something I wouldn't mind learning for myself.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Say for instance you wanted to make Becky the girls aunt and either the mc's sister or heathers sister, I'm guessing that would take rewriting certain parts of the script? If you knew how obviously lol.... Not that I do, would just be something I wouldn't mind learning for myself.
Most games you can open the script.rpy with any text editor. (Always make a backup ofc).

Then you can just search for certain lines or dialogue, e.g. "stepmom" and can replace all with "mom".

But, with Notepad ++, Visual Code, etc, text editor you can open it up look around, it's really not that difficult, I had zero experience starting doing it.

Once you open the script you will see all the lines you see spoken/text you would see in game, so you can edit whatever you want (dev's won't like it sometimes) to fit the story in your head. This isn't easy in some games, but other games it is that simple just going in and changing the dialgue.

Reactions: alfeatcat

Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
New Year's Day(e) [v0.1.0] Unofficial Android Port

- 143mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

3.20 star(s) 13 Votes