RPGM Abandoned New Paths [v0.13a] [DrunkNescafe]

1.80 star(s) 10 Votes

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
There was a playable version back in 2016 (maybe 0.11 or 0.12) that allowed play up and through the lifeguard job. It was the last version before the school got added to the home village (and before food making or any other crafting). If you can find that, it's not bad at all. Very incomplete, of course, but that goes without saying.
Well, than my bad, I didn't knew that version even exist. It would be nice indeed to lay hands on that.

LordNIKON111

Jun 17, 2018
There was a playable version back in 2016 (maybe 0.11 or 0.12) that allowed play up and through the lifeguard job. It was the last version before the school got added to the home village (and before food making or any other crafting). If you can find that, it's not bad at all. Very incomplete, of course, but that goes without saying.
Tnx!

jayp420

Mar 6, 2017
Well, than my bad, I didn't knew that version even exist. It would be nice indeed to lay hands on that.
The version you referring to is at bottom of op says Spoiler: Old Version 0.12

Reactions: Prokopije

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
The version you referring to is at bottom of op says Spoiler: Old Version 0.12
Alas, the version at the bottom of the OP is the version after the last fun version. Version 0.12 Beta C was where he added in all the cooking stuff and bogged the game down. It may still be playable, but I didn't enjoy it nearly as much.

Jealco

Mar 25, 2018
I do have some good news for all of you here.

There is more content and all that in the works. There have been some issues with programmers/proofreaders going MIA, and with Drunk's job working his ass into the dirt for weeks at a stretch, but there is progress happening in the background. There's a current hangup with the programmer (Again. Finding reliable ones seems to be a bit of a headache), that is delaying things again. Drunk's working on more story content and what-not as we speak, and I'm proofreading it. The story has been rewritten since the old version to flow better, and to make for more options for storytelling and sexy scenes. Drunk also migrated to a new RPG Maker MV engine, which seems to have made the game quite a bit more stable.

No ETA on next patch, as of now. It might be a bit. It's one of the downsides of having a bunch of custom systems coded into the engine, and needing a programmer to help make things work.

For those who asked, the Unreal version is dead in the water. Intern was meant to be a side project while waiting on the programmer who was helping Drunk with the Unreal plans. Unreal turned out to be both a hassle for all the things Drunk wanted to do, and rather expensive from the programmer side of things, hence why he went back to New Paths.

Reactions: riddikk91

mattrixatp

Apr 29, 2017
Can I ask how you know this? Don't get me wrong, this was my favorite game when it started and I want it back. But I just have not seen anything solid. His last post on patreon is from a month ago and says he will not be able to work for 2-3 weeks. On discord I've seen only a few renders and mentions of 2 or 3 events in the past few months. Unless you've talked to him personally, I just don't see how you can say that.

Jealco

Mar 25, 2018
Can I ask how you know this? Don't get me wrong, this was my favorite game when it started and I want it back. But I just have not seen anything solid. His last post on patreon is from a month ago and says he will not be able to work for 2-3 weeks. On discord I've seen only a few renders and mentions of 2 or 3 events in the past few months. Unless you've talked to him personally, I just don't see how you can say that.
I talk to Drunk at least once a week, unless he's working, sometimes play other games with him, and I'm his current proofreader.

I'll have to ask him when he plans on getting things rolling on his Discord again. I suspect that will be when he has something solid to show. Again, no ETA. I'm just the proofreader and friend, not a dev.

Jealco

Mar 25, 2018
Drunks current focus is with bugfixes, and getting all of the existing content working properly. After that, he'll start working on adding new content into the game. Still no timeline for release

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Drunks current focus is with bugfixes, and getting all of the existing content working properly. After that, he'll start working on adding new content into the game. Still no timeline for release
More than one year listen this.

riddikk91

Apr 22, 2017
I do have some good news for all of you here.

There is more content and all that in the works. There have been some issues with programmers/proofreaders going MIA, and with Drunk's job working his ass into the dirt for weeks at a stretch, but there is progress happening in the background. There's a current hangup with the programmer (Again. Finding reliable ones seems to be a bit of a headache), that is delaying things again. Drunk's working on more story content and what-not as we speak, and I'm proofreading it. The story has been rewritten since the old version to flow better, and to make for more options for storytelling and sexy scenes. Drunk also migrated to a new RPG Maker MV engine, which seems to have made the game quite a bit more stable.

No ETA on next patch, as of now. It might be a bit. It's one of the downsides of having a bunch of custom systems coded into the engine, and needing a programmer to help make things work.

For those who asked, the Unreal version is dead in the water. Intern was meant to be a side project while waiting on the programmer who was helping Drunk with the Unreal plans. Unreal turned out to be both a hassle for all the things Drunk wanted to do, and rather expensive from the programmer side of things, hence why he went back to New Paths.
Thanks for all this information Jealco!! NP was one of the first games of this genre I ever played & enjoyed so I'm glad to hear that it is still alive.

Jealco

Mar 25, 2018
More than one year listen this.
I feel you, man. Development takes time, though, especially considering the amount of custom systems in the game, and the time he invested into trying to move the game to different engines. The moves originally were because the RPG Maker devs were busy ignoring glaring bugs in their engine.

Thanks for all this information Jealco!! NP was one of the first games of this genre I ever played & enjoyed so I'm glad to hear that it is still alive.
He hasn't given up. Between life and the efforts to move to different engines before the RPG Maker devs fixed their engine, it's been a long road. We'll see what comes in the future.

Jealco

Mar 25, 2018

Latest update from Drunk. There's been a bit more work than I was aware of done.

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
It is pretty sad how the whole project turned out. I really liked the game despite of some real tedious stuff (e.g. the work part, the cleaning of the gym...) because there were so many great ideas in it (if you dig exhibitionism stuff). It had been quite far developed and it was a bad surprise when he announced to start again - and much later came out with a version that did not work at all. So it is great to hear that he keeps working on it, but still I fear the worst after so many buggy versions and a new start that went totally wrong. I really hope he gets back on track.

Someone

Jun 3, 2017
This project still alive? Nice. I liked it a lot in it's buggy imperfection. Then i heard that the dev killed the amazing main girl for a "do it yourself" crap in a different engine. Nice to see her comeback.

ThorMcBalbo

May 12, 2017
$25 Beta release (save from 0.01 WIL NOT WORK)
Oct 14 at 3:37pm
Before this release I have been working on removing some of the game ending bugs (crashes) and it have been fixed now. This is a BETA release and I need help to remove many of the bugs still in game. So, save often. I know there are more bugs then I have found and fix.
The best way to report bugs are true Discord. I’m online on discord on my PC and phone 24/7

0.02 Release notes.

Updated RPG maker to 1.6.1 this should fix many of the MAC problems. (I hope)

Bug fixes:

• Sound didn’t stop with the voice actress work.
  • Time error after load.
  • 30+ bug fixes with the time plugin/events triggers (My fault)
  • Updated many of the plugins. And found some old code that are removed/fix.
  • Fixed many of the voice files. (removed much of the voice pause)
  • Bus stops now work as intended
  • 40+ smaller fixes to maps etc.

Added:

• Fix library images.
  • Can now read with more outfits on.
  • Fix the big pictures with the new hair model and cloth tear.
  • Working to model new NPC (Female Lidka)
  • Flirting stat added to the sexual list.
  • Barista work skill added to the work list.
  • Steal stat added to the psyche list. (More info in the Other post.)
  • New NPC (Misha male)
  • Working on the new Face images (replaced the hair)
  • Added a tutorial at the start of the game. (different game mechanics etc)

Events added:

• Barista event (work) Capital (still need work)
  • Solider event (random)
  • Confession
  • Mel store (work) Hometown
  • Misha drive you to capital or beach

Other:

• Have spent some hours researching how the confession work. to get it as realistic as possible.
  • I have added small names under the NPC for dose that have anything with the story. Since many of the spirit are similar (see pick)
  • You will not get money from your mother at the end of the week if you pass the test. This event is gone.
  • It’s only natural to include the steal stat to the game when it comes to hunger and deprave. And yes, it has a function.
  • The new quest system gives the player the information that the Quest is out of content. And with the next release if there is content for that quest it will continue as normal where the text is gone. This will give the player(s) more information about what to do.
  • When you use the wait ability you get energy. Not much but some.
As some of you know I try to make a game where you must progress corruption over time and with that there is event that will trigger how the protagonist thinks and learn these skills. So, don’t expect the protagonist to have anal sex within the first 3 min of gameplay. It will take time and I want the player to get inside the head of the protagonist. Or that what I’m trying to do.

And yes, it will be gameplay in this release. My proofreader has gone dark. But luckily a friend of mine step up and fix many of my errors.

The wet/transparent cloth is removed in this release since there where some issue with it. I will rework it before release of 0.03

Bathroom need a big rework since I have some ideas I want to implement.

I want to end this weekly update with a big thank you to every one of you that supports the game. It’s yours support that make it so I can hire voice actress/mapper etc. So again, thanks to all of you.

Beta release

Reactions: ray3dave
1.80 star(s) 10 Votes