• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RPGM Abandoned New Paths [v0.13a] [DrunkNescafe]

1.80 star(s) 10 Votes

demidemon

Aug 31, 2016
i thought he said he would hire a programmer for him and port the game to unreal engine? why is he back to RPGMV again??? hope hes not coding by himself this time

Ut5962

Aug 6, 2016
i thought he said he would hire a programmer for him and port the game to unreal engine? why is he back to RPGMV again??? hope hes not coding by himself this time
He did hire someone but after a long while releasing nothing patrons fleed and he lost money. He released some "proof of concept" but that was empty and buggy, so he eventually abandonned UE and went back to RPGM moreo r less from scratch and with some changes in the story, leading to what we have today, an unplayable "demo" full of bugs and almost without any content.

Linus

May 24, 2017
i compared this version 0.03b with the public 0.01c.
0.03b isn´t the actual version version, but shouldn´t be replaced cause of bugs^^

But this Version had an error in the KIT_TimeSystem.js

www/js/plugins/KIT_TimeSystem.js 479
KIT_TimeSystem.js:479 Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function
rpg_managers.js:1919 Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function
rpg_managers.js:1920

hmm i got the error after i left the menue, too. The light glows up for a short ammount of time, maybe is this an path to the error...
---
if you often press x for menue open close you will see the lightning effects flashing up and overlapping, this may cause a problem, even when you change locations. Maybe it will help to bind the lighting effects only on the daytimes that it work again...

ok it is declared

["{\"name\":\"morning\",\"condition\":\"second lt 10\"}","{\"name\":\"schoolo\",\"condition\":\"hour ge 8 hour lt 16\"}","{\"name\":\"store\",\"condition\":\"hour ge 7 hour lt 19\"}","{\"name\":\"bar\",\"condition\":\"hour ge 20 hour lt 03\"}","{\"name\":\"weekday\",\"condition\":\"day ge 1 hour lt 5\"}","{\"name\":\"weekend\",\"condition\":\"day ge 6 hour lt 7\"}","{\"name\":\"dawnt\",\"condition\":\"hour ge 6 hour le 8\"}","{\"name\":\"dayt\",\"condition\":\"hour ge 8 hour lt 18\"}","{\"name\":\"evningt\",\"condition\":\"hour ge 18 hour le 20\"}","{\"name\":\"nightt\",\"condition\":\"hour ge 20\"}","{\"name\":\"nightt2\",\"condition\":\"hour le 6\"}"]

'eq': function (state) {
state.argIndex += 3;
return getFunction() === state.args[state.argIndex - 1];
},
'lt': function (state) {
state.argIndex += 3;
return getFunction() < state.args[state.argIndex - 1];
},
'gt': function (state) {
state.argIndex += 3;
return getFunction() > state.args[state.argIndex - 1];
},
'le': function (state) {
state.argIndex += 3;
return getFunction() <= state.args[state.argIndex - 1];
},
'ge': function (state) {
state.argIndex += 3;
return getFunction() >= state.args[state.argIndex - 1];
},
'bt': function (state) {
state.argIndex += 4;
let value = getFunction();
return value > state.args[state.argIndex - 2] && value < state.args[state.argIndex - 1];
},
'bi': function (state) {
state.argIndex += 4;
let value = getFunction();
return value >= state.args[state.argIndex - 2] && value <= state.args[state.argIndex - 1];

I killed the light and shadow effects from the maps, and tryed to change the predef. times. It reduce the ammount on the same error a smal unnoticeable bit^^

Last edited:

J0sta

Feb 4, 2017
ok so i've asked this before... been trying to play this game for like a year now but all of them have had this same issue and nobody has been able to help me yet. asked on a prior version of this game in the general troubleshooting forum but with no help. I just want to play this game! lol what am i missing here? pretty sure I've downloaded all the update stuff.... other games work sept for cohabitation. that has similar issues...

Linus

May 24, 2017
awsome picture! all look like graphic translation error. I would say you use psd on the tileset that is perfectly put sidewise^^ but i saw this type of bug already.

You use a mac laptop, it might be only a problem on an mac. The game is only exported for PC not for MAC. Maybe an mac export might help.
You can try also an other inet browser and start the game index.html with it.

if you have the rpg maker mv you can try to turn of 2 plugins the yep_FPPSynchOption and the ET_Fullscreen plugin.. maybe it help

Linus

May 24, 2017
try the 0.01c rel. from his patreon site. It should crash^^. But it has 3 typs of story´s to read on the school toilet. The 0.03b has the Time System from Orange, the 0.01c has an "new?" Time system from codingkitsune. He used Orange scripts since the "Old" (0.8a) release. That the reason why i think the scripts from KIT are the new one.

Public release of the 0.01 version. (0.01C)
Not much to say really. Work, work and work.

J0sta

Feb 4, 2017
awsome picture! all look like graphic translation error. I would say you use psd on the tileset that is perfectly put sidewise^^ but i saw this type of bug already.

You use a mac laptop, it might be only a problem on an mac. The game is only exported for PC not for MAC. Maybe an mac export might help. I'm running windows 7 on my mac. since 90% of these games don't work on macs... lol
You can try also an other inet browser and start the game index.html with it. that might (uploaded attempted pic.)(testing other browsers now)

if you have the rpg maker mv you can try to turn of 2 plugins the yep_FPPSynchOption and the ET_Fullscreen plugin.. maybe it help (what do you mean turn of 2 plugins? I'm not pickin up what you're puttin down at all here)

Rakger

May 25, 2017
You know some people may just have money to spend and will support the guy regardless of the content he provides. Also there are still patrons for JB Games who disapeared since late 2016 at least and it's not the first time he did.

I'm glad Drunknescafe came to his senses and decided to return to RPGM. I found blatantly stupid the fact he tried to work on Unreal Engine because of his struggles with RPGM, it's like not being able to cut a piece of paper with scissors and instead of trying to handle the tool differently, deciding it will be easier to cut that sheet with a chainsaw...
with the unreal engine downloading and using it binds you to a contract that if you make money off the completed game Unreal will demand their cut

Linus

May 24, 2017
@J0sta "if you have the rpg maker mv you can try to turn of 2 plugins the yep_FPPSynchOption and the ET_Fullscreen plugin.. maybe it help (what do you mean turn of 2 plugins? I'm not pickin up what you're puttin down at all here)"

That is the plugins.js you can change true to false on these positions.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You can change it in the maker mv menue under plugins
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
this was around 0.10x/0.11x an issue

Last edited:

Linus

May 24, 2017

This week have gone manly to my main job and fixing the error. I have a new bugfix out and this should fix all off the strange “Error” But you need to start a fresh clean game. Don’t load any of the old save or copy them into the folder.
If you still get the bug let me now

This update will have the mac release with it. I can’t test mac release since I don’t have a mac.

(The Rel. ver. is 0.01D)

This week have gone manly to my main job and fixing the error. I have a new bugfix out and this should fix all off the strange “Error” But you need to start a fresh clean game. Don’t load any of the old save or copy them into the folder.
If you still get the bug let me now

This update will have the mac release with it. I can’t test mac release since I don’t have a mac.

Linus

May 24, 2017
Error still exist and is the same...^^

www/js/plugins/KIT_TimeSystem.js 479
KIT_TimeSystem.js:479 Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function
rpg_managers.js:1919 Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function
rpg_managers.js:1920
:WutFace:

ilovenudemods

Came for the tits, stayed for the story.
Donor
Apr 10, 2018
I've been watching this project for awhile now...but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. If the dev wants some real support, he needs to start pushing out some bug fixes and some updates and progress the story. I love the story and premise, but he's gotta start pushing out some content updates, man.

Almost all devs on Patreon need to stop worrying about small updates for $10 here and there. Do some BIG content updates and you'll not only earn money, but you'll earn fans who will stick by you until the end of the current project and onto the next one.

tigier

Jun 5, 2017
these new versions do not go at all
still missing or does not go to the next the scene will only freeze
what is the last version that is playable?

Rakger

May 25, 2017
these new versions do not go at all
still missing or does not go to the next the scene will only freeze
what is the last version that is playable?
certainly not the last one I downloaded 0.01d . "Much the same thing" Well, there is always E F or G

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
I'm baffled by this. I have this played a long time ago and i considered it a nice start, it was heading toward a more interesting type of lechertown setup with more choices, routes we usually have in a lechertown. And here we are and the game is exactly at the spot, going nowhere.. while quite a LOT of time has passed by.

I guess this another shining example that big promises are just a pile of crap with maple syrup.
To sum up:
try to be as transparent and open with that I’m working on and how I’m working. Around July 2017 I hit rock button developing “New paths” Since I spend more time fixing bug generated by rpg maker then making content/event. I changed game engine from rpg maker mv to unreal. I hired an unreal programmer to help me develop the game. And to make a long story short I switch back to RPG maker MV. ( ) When I’m now working on a rework of the Original story.

Comments:

-Is it me or is it impossible to get through the first day? School lessons every hour, then library where nothing happens? Eating/Cooking does not increase hunger (or decrease if you keep using the word hunger)... then stuck in the bathroom bath.
1d
-Not just you. Having some of the same problems. Also a new game bag where the days progression seems to be random, start Monday, sleep, next day is Saturday, Sunday happens twice after that.

Then, the thread was created in August 2016. And here we are. No more comments needed.

Reactions: Ennoch

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017

This have been some hard weeks. A combination of way too much overtime at my day job (been ordering to work) and my kid was attacked by a dog. My kid is fine now but have been in and out of the hospital and surgery in her face. The dog luckily didn’t hit her eyes/neck, but she got some big open wounds on her over and under lips that needed surgery. I don’t remember how many stitches she needed but it was some. She goes true a heavy dose of antibiotics to kill off all the bacteria from the dog. And for the moment she doesn’t have any infection.
And as you will understand I haven been on my good old pervy side with cleaning wounds and have a crying kid with pain. Thinks looks better now since she is a young shield maiden she has been to school this Friday and have stopped on the pain medicine and is out playing now.

Just to information about the dog. It was a shelter dog with some behaving problem and will be put to sleep. We didn’t press charges to the police, but it was the owner choices. And since the owner puts the dog to sleep we didn’t feel it was necessary to press charges.

I have gotten some R&R (rest and recovery) after this and have taken up work today (Saturday)

I’m sorry for not posting this before but haven’t had the energy or will power to write this before now. And are back to developing with some fresh ideas.

In game work.

I have been thinking that since work is so hard to come by (in game) The player will need something fast and with no skill to get. Then it hits me “Begging” the plan is to make a work please without any skill or anything in the capital in the weekends. This will not take over other works but will be easy to do early on in game. And there will be random event where people will ask for “some compensation for there money” wink wink wink :p and this can be build on that the Suzie will sing and play guitar to get some money. Basically, a street performer.

Finished with the model of the principal on the school and have finished the renders for this release. I was stupid to use the and old model of him so needed to re render all of dose renders. Lucky it wasn’t that many renders, so the rework didn’t take that long.

Have fixed all the reported bugs for the moment and a strange bug where some of the face images didn’t show as intended.

As I plan to make the school big with events I have gotten in a corner with some of the ideas. The plan is that Suzie will be doing favors to different people on the school, so she will be elected school president. For the moment I don’t have that many NPC in game and will rater work on other event now go back in a later day and add NPC when the times come. And I haven’t found out why she wants to become school president. So that’s something I need to think about over a couple of beers.

And for the pictures send in by people I have gotten more pictures, but I don’t know if I get the time to get this done before the release (I hope next week)

Thanks again for the support

Rakger

May 25, 2017

This have been some hard weeks. A combination of way too much overtime at my day job (been ordering to work) and my kid was attacked by a dog. My kid is fine now but have been in and out of the hospital and surgery in her face. The dog luckily didn’t hit her eyes/neck, but she got some big open wounds on her over and under lips that needed surgery. I don’t remember how many stitches she needed but it was some. She goes true a heavy dose of antibiotics to kill off all the bacteria from the dog. And for the moment she doesn’t have any infection.
And as you will understand I haven been on my good old pervy side with cleaning wounds and have a crying kid with pain. Thinks looks better now since she is a young shield maiden she has been to school this Friday and have stopped on the pain medicine and is out playing now.

Just to information about the dog. It was a shelter dog with some behaving problem and will be put to sleep. We didn’t press charges to the police, but it was the owner choices. And since the owner puts the dog to sleep we didn’t feel it was necessary to press charges.

I have gotten some R&R (rest and recovery) after this and have taken up work today (Saturday)

I’m sorry for not posting this before but haven’t had the energy or will power to write this before now. And are back to developing with some fresh ideas.

In game work.

I have been thinking that since work is so hard to come by (in game) The player will need something fast and with no skill to get. Then it hits me “Begging” the plan is to make a work please without any skill or anything in the capital in the weekends. This will not take over other works but will be easy to do early on in game. And there will be random event where people will ask for “some compensation for there money” wink wink wink :p and this can be build on that the Suzie will sing and play guitar to get some money. Basically, a street performer.

Finished with the model of the principal on the school and have finished the renders for this release. I was stupid to use the and old model of him so needed to re render all of dose renders. Lucky it wasn’t that many renders, so the rework didn’t take that long.

Have fixed all the reported bugs for the moment and a strange bug where some of the face images didn’t show as intended.

As I plan to make the school big with events I have gotten in a corner with some of the ideas. The plan is that Suzie will be doing favors to different people on the school, so she will be elected school president. For the moment I don’t have that many NPC in game and will rater work on other event now go back in a later day and add NPC when the times come. And I haven’t found out why she wants to become school president. So that’s something I need to think about over a couple of beers.

And for the pictures send in by people I have gotten more pictures, but I don’t know if I get the time to get this done before the release (I hope next week)

Thanks again for the support
I have a question: what version of rpg maker are you using? the last I tried was 0.03b and ends up pretty much like 0;01-on NOWHERE. is there another rpg maker rtp version to make this work?

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
I have a question: what version of rpg maker are you using? the last I tried was 0.03b and ends up pretty much like 0;01-on NOWHERE. is there another rpg maker rtp version to make this work?
This game is made on RPGMaker MV. You don't need to install anything, just to download game and click on exe file to play.

1.80 star(s) 10 Votes