• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
3.50 star(s) 4 Votes

BlackElite

Sep 18, 2018
There's a case of someone dying after ejaculating 30 times... I wonder how can this boy survive?

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
Are you....serious? I know a lot of the language depends on tone but I had no idea. I mean it seems strange since brother and sister have different words and your gender decides which one you are called. I feel like that could get very confusing in conversation. I guess they just use names more often.
Japanese people tend to rarely use third person pronouns, like have you ever watch an anime subbed and ever noticed how most of the time when characters are referring to each other or even themselves sometimes how they tend to just use their names instead of pronouns? That's why machine translations end up having issues parsing which pronouns to use as they're far more commonly used in English and mtl can't really parse context even "ai" mtl has this issue.

SoberSphagghett

Sep 14, 2018
There's a case of someone dying after ejaculating 30 times... I wonder how can this boy survive?
30 times in a row. He survives because of hentai logic.
His dick is average throughout the game, instead of growing the hornier he becomes.
It's censored, so there's hope for an edit to make it properly big.
Especially considering he has to pleasure the gaping fuckmaws of Split-face and Hakshiaku-tan(fight me for butchering her name)

Reactions: BlackElite
Aug 25, 2017
I let my guard down with all the AI MTL being used lately.

This is terrible. Sentences often repeat and she was talking about the MC smelling her dick but in reality it was her wanting to smell his.
that is because in japan there is no she or he...they use the same word
Are you....serious? I know a lot of the language depends on tone but I had no idea. I mean it seems strange since brother and sister have different words and your gender decides which one you are called. I feel like that could get very confusing in conversation. I guess they just use names more often.
Japanese people tend to rarely use third person pronouns, like have you ever watch an anime subbed and ever noticed how most of the time when characters are referring to each other or even themselves sometimes how they tend to just use their names instead of pronouns? That's why machine translations end up having issues parsing which pronouns to use as they're far more commonly used in English and mtl can't really parse context even "ai" mtl has this issue.
If I understand correctly, JP does have gendered pronouns like the feminine kanojo, but the gender, much like honorifics, is a suggestion of the speaker's attitude toward the subject rather than an objective observation of the subject's sex, and pronouns in general aren't used in most statements as the subject can be inferred by context, even for first and second person pronouns. For example, Instead of saying "I'm going to the store" you might say "Going to the store" or specifically, "Mise ni iku" - mise is store, ni is a connecting particle equivalent to to, and iku is the present/future tense of go (there is no the); the listener would know that you are the one going because if it was a demand you would probably say "Mise ni itte kudasai" - itte being the polite imperative of go, and kudasai being the equivalent of please; however, the listener might not know if you were going alone or with someone else because it's not specified, which can lead to innocent or deliberate misunderstanding. If you wanted to specify that you were indeed the one going, you might say "Watashi wa mise ni iku" - watashi being the standard first person pronoun (there are several) and wa being a subject marking particle - this sounds like clarification such as if several people are doing different things, like "Hiro-san wa nete imasu, Watashi wa mise ni ikku" - "Hiro is sleeping, I'm going to the store"; but if you say "Watashi ga mise ni iku" that is definitely a correction, along the lines of "I am the one going to the store (not that other person)"

So yeah, even first and second person pronouns aren't often used unless disambiguation is strictly required; and most of the time when referring to someone in third person, rather than pronouns, the speaker would use the subject's name, usually with an honorific indicating the speaker-subject relationship. (or alternatively, a speaker unfamiliar with the subject or trying not to be too familiar may use a familial term appropriate to the subject's age and sex; this is the deal with onii-chan, aniki, onee-san, oba-san, etc.)

Don't take this as gospel, I'm not an expert. I just studied Japanese on my own time a few years ago. And it helps a lot when reading translated games or manga that preserve some of the unique quirks of the original language.

I swear I'm not a weeb. I just thought the language was interesting. Really. STOP STARING.

Last edited:

Redfield5

Mar 6, 2018
It's better than having no translation at all
That's debatable. It's better off not having something good, then getting something good and having it immediately ripped away from you by a completely nonsensical translation.

Games like these rely on the dialogue since they only have CGs to work with.

G-howk

Feb 2, 2022
That's debatable. It's better off not having something good, then getting something good and having it immediately ripped away from you by a completely nonsensical translation.

Games like these rely on the dialogue since they only have CGs to work with.
The thing is, the MTL at least makes the game playable. Without the MTL giving you the item and location names, a puzzle game like this would take exponentially longer to complete. You pick up an item, and suddenly you have to explore the entire map again to see what it interacts with.

It would also make the good ending almost impossible because even if you somehow figure out that you need to trigger no H scenes for that ending, you still wouldn't know which of the items you picked up were key items and which were red herrings that enabled scenes. So for every interaction and every new room you enter/exit, you'd need to make a save just in case.

Kaizen

Dec 17, 2016
For those not liking the translation there is one in the 4chan archive of the /vg/ general that seems to be a tad more readable, although I am not sure if they use the same version of the game (Which I am not even sure got updates in the first place so whatever)

3.50 star(s) 4 Votes