Apr 5, 2021
I've had to grind to beat each of the room bosses (so far I've only got to three). I'm not sure if I'm missing some mechanic, but they don't seem interested in grappling until most of my health is already gone, and outright fighting is very dice dependant.

Lapsa

Game Developer
May 30, 2020
Level 2 should be sufficient to beat the first boss, and the others shouldn't be too much harder. What level were you having to grind to? I can look into seeing if something is off in the stats or rng.

Also yes, grapples are set to not happen until over half your health is gone for most enemies.

Apr 5, 2021
OK, so I do need to grind to beat the Seeder. The Binder demolished me at level 2, and I have had no luck against the nest. Also, gropers are the random enemy I've come across, and they only give 15xp, it'll take quite some time to grind to higher levels.
Edit: Also, binder grapple bug still happens

Lapsa

Game Developer
May 30, 2020
OK, so I do need to grind to beat the Seeder. The Binder demolished me at level 2, and I have had no luck against the nest. Also, gropers are the random enemy I've come across, and they only give 15xp, it'll take quite some time to grind to higher levels.
Thanks. Level 2 should be sufficient to beat the Seeder, however if the issue is experience gains being too low - its pretty simple to raise them.

The nests are for unlocking the 'secrets' in each level (aside from the last) which boost attack, defense, and grapple resistance respectively. They are meant to be a bit less tougher to fight than the final boss - however, again, I can see about tweaking things.

Apr 5, 2021
Well the Binder anhilates me at level 3, and unfortunately then bugs out when it grapples (no commands recognised after the first turn of grappling on it, or any enemy now). Maybe my dice are just cursed?

Lapsa

Game Developer
May 30, 2020
Well the Binder anhilates me at level 3, and unfortunately then bugs out when it grapples (no commands recognised after the first turn of grappling on it, or any enemy now). Maybe my dice are just cursed?
The grapple issue should be fixed in 0.8.945 - if you are using that version and still getting the issue please let me know.

As for the dice being cursed - ideally rng shouldn't be able to be that strong of an annoyance, so I'll tweak the stats. I'll likely wait to upload the changes, however, just in case some more bugs are found. Until then, the codes I've made (written in the changelog) should provide at least some help!

Apr 5, 2021
I'm using the newest version, it still bugs out when getting grappled by the Binder. Also, I've been trying to get grappled long enough for the scene to progress, and then escape, but it seems that orgasming is an instant lose, so what's the "Orgasm" counter for in stats?

Lapsa

Game Developer
May 30, 2020
Orgasming shouldn't be an instant loss. Orgasming should only reduce hp by 10. If that is always causing a gameover, I can change it.

And alright, is it just the binder or all enemies' grapples?

Apr 5, 2021
Just testing the three enemies I've got access to:
Groper it happened after around five turns of struggling
Seeder after one turn
Binder after two turns

Maybe the save is bugged? Or it's random when it will happen, as it didn't before I hit level 3.
Also, yes, orgasm dealing 10 damage would wipe me out everytime. Seeing as I only have 22hp max at level 3, and enemies don't grapple until under half health, and they often keep attacking till I'm in single digits...

EDIT: It's not the save, started again and Seeder bugged out after one turn of struggling.

Lapsa

Game Developer
May 30, 2020
I've updated the links with a version that has some balance changes, and also should fix the grapples.

I'd have 2/3s health be the limit for grapples, but Inform is rather strange with how it has to be coded and I'm not great at maths - so I'm sure I'd muck something up trying to make it work.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
NiP-0.8.95
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Lapsa

Game Developer
May 30, 2020
lol

Not the final version, but the game from start to finish should be playable. There are likely still bugs lurking around, however, as well as things that could be made cleaner code-wise.

Skirmt

Aug 24, 2019
hey, i think this is quite enjoyable! I am however on the newest version and encounter a previously mentioned bug regarding grapples and actions becoming unavailable, and figured I should mention that it's still not quite solved. Good luck!

Lapsa

Game Developer
May 30, 2020
Alright, I was looking for the issue in the wrong place. I've found it I think! Uploading the fix now.

Reactions: Skirmt

Lapsa

Game Developer
May 30, 2020
Okay, the fix should be up! Let me know if it still doesn't work, though it 100% should.

Reactions: Skirmt

Skirmt

Aug 24, 2019
Hey again, grapples seems fixed, so thank you! I have run into another issue though. After defeating the nest and gaining access to the armory there is a hyperlinked option to "Salvage some supplies" but clicking on it yields a "I didn't understand that sentence" response. Best of luck!

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes