Fan Art Mythos: Book One - Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
I hope someone can aswer this question directly, I worked a bit on Tara and she seems to be much smaller in the VN, is she scaled down, and if so, by how much?

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
I hope someone can aswer this question directly, I worked a bit on Tara and she seems to be much smaller in the VN, is she scaled down, and if so, by how much?
You can tag Nine of Swords directly to get your answer. She is the dev, and is often on F95.
For what I know, she scale down Tara, because it's a short girl. But I don't know by how much.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
You can tag Nine of Swords directly to get your answer. She is the dev, and is often on F95.
For what I know, she scale down Tara, because it's a short girl. But I don't know by how much.
She and I have been conversing, Tara is supposed to be 5' (152.5 cm) but NoS admitted to me that she routinely changes her height to fit the scene. I have recreated her character as a standalone Genesis 8 version but I am waiting on an answer about the nipple coloring that she used. I should have some renders in a day or two other than the overly tall version I posted earlier. Look for other characters soon too.

Personally I would like to think my version of Tara's .duf file will be much easier to use and better overall, if I do say so myself. NoS has done a great job telling a story and providing models that enhance that story.

Reactions: damnedfrog

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Sofia, just chillin'

DAZ_3D_1_Sophia_for_Mythos_Book_One.jpg

This was one of the hardest simplifications I have ever done. If you get a hold of NoS' .duf file for Sofia, it is just a collection of multiple characters and through no fault of her own, the library she has is full of 'parasitic' morphs . All they do is bloat the size of the .duf file.

To acheive her orignal look you need at the very least Twosret for Genesis 8 (DAZ), Nenetesh for Genesis 8 (no longer available), FW Laverne for Genesis 8 (DAZ), Marisol for Genesis 8 (Renderosity), Alondra for Genesis 8 (Daz). Even with all those loaded you will still end up with a pageful of errors loading this character.

My version still needs NeneTesh (eyes), Laverne (eyelashes), Marisol (also eyelashes) and Alondra (textures), but no other shaping morphs, other than my own single morph. You still need Kool BBlythe Hair (DAZ) and the genitalia of your choice.

When I am done rendering the little extra images I will put up a link to the DIM compatible installation package. It has been converted to a character preset and not a scene subset. All the conversion characters I am creating will be placed in /Genesis 8 Female/Characters/Mythos Book One/. The will include card images for the control, head and body morphs and duf icons with a tip image.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
I am so glad Nine of Swords has added so many women of color in her VN. What a change from the only POC being guys with monster genitalia.

Okay here is the link to a simplified Sophia, .

CTRL_SophiaMB1.png FHM_SophiaMB1.png FBM_SophiaMB1.png

Sophia (Mythos Book One).duf.png

Sophia (Mythos Book One).tip.png

As I mentioned before, you still need the following installed on your system:
  • Twosret for Genesis 8
  • Nenetesh for Genesis 8
  • FW Laverne for Genesis 8
  • Marisol for Genesis 8
Expect more renders of Sophia after the weekend.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Here is my version of Rain Character Asset, installed with DIM or manually will put this character duf in People/Genesis 8 Female/Characters/Mythos Book One.

RainS_MB1_02_F95.png

You will still need the following assets installed as a start.
  • - Skin textures
  • - Eye textures
  • - Eyeglasses
  • - Arm Vines
The character is built with separate head and body morphs and a single control morph, use them as you see fit. Please nte this is a Character Preset and not a Scene Subset.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
Here is my version of Rain Character Asset, installed with DIM or manually will put this character duf in People/Genesis 8 Female/Characters/Mythos Book One.

View attachment 2993062

You will still need the following assets installed as a start.
  • - Skin textures
  • - Eye textures
  • - Eyeglasses
  • - Arm Vines
The character is built with separate head and body morphs and a single control morph, use them as you see fit. Please nte this is a Character Preset and not a Scene Subset.
Wow, she is gorgeous.
Granted, I'm totally sold to Rain :)

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Another hard one to get right, but I think this is as close as you can get to what Nine of Swords has done using a different method to convert from Genesis 3 to 8.

Tara Norwood
TaraN_MB1_02_F95.png

I should have a link to Tara Character maybe tomorrow. I will say that I think Chandra hair is almost as hard to work with as many of the Goldtassel hair assets, it's fugly and just never smooths out. Here I even added Sub-D to the hair asset and rendered it at a sub-d of 4! It still looks like shit.

I might render her next time with a different messy hair asset, she is G8 now after all, why straddle her with a G3 hair asset.

This one is not as straight forward as anyone might think, it is more than simply Cailin for Genesis 3 converted to Genesis 8, there are a few other parts stuck in there too.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Nine of Swords, you mentioned a parasitic morph changing eye shapes, is that what happened to Becki with a I. In the last chapter she looks more like an Anime character than a human. I haven't played with the .duf yet, I wanted to get Tara right, since all my other attempts were so badly done.

From memory, Mara and Lisa also appear different to me in the later renders. I am not sure what to think of Jodi or Violet.

Last edited:
Reactions: afterlights

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Nine of Swords, you mentioned a parasitic morph changing eye shapes, is that what happened to Becki with a I. In the last chapter she looks more like an Anime character than a human. I haven't played with the .duf yet, I wanted to get Tara right, since all my other attempts were so badly done.

From memory, Mara and Lisa also appear different to me in the later renders. I am not sure what to think of Jodi or Violet.
Yes, Becki (With an I) is where it's most obvious, but it happened to some degree (as far as I can tell) on every Gen 8 female I have - that's basically everybody except Jessica Lee (who is my sole Gen 8.1 figure). I think both Violet and Jodi were made after this weirdness, so I don't have a "before" render for either of them.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Yes, Becki (With an I) is where it's most obvious, but it happened to some degree (as far as I can tell) on every Gen 8 female I have - that's basically everybody except Jessica Lee (who is my sole Gen 8.1 figure). I think both Violet and Jodi were made after this weirdness, so I don't have a "before" render for either of them.
I DMed you instructions on how to fix that in our previous conversation, but to repeat them here for everyone, perform the following steps.
  1. Start a new empty scene
  2. Load only a single Genesis 8 Basic Female or Genesis 8 Female Dev Load
  3. Right-click the Parameters Tab and select Preferences >> Show Hidden Properties
  4. Make sure your figure is selected and right-click the Parameters Tab and select Zero >> Zero Figure
  5. Right-click the Parameters Tab a third time and select Memorize >> Memorize Figure
  6. The last step is File >> Save As >> Support Asset >> Save Modified Assets
A box will pop up that shows you exactly what is being saved and one of those items will be that pesky little morph that is causing your eye issues!

From this point forward, any new Genesis 8 Female character will have eyes that will be 'normal'. At least until another nasty morph is installed in your library.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Forgot the link to Tara Character,

You will need
Cailin for Victoria 7, part of

plus the hair assets and the genitalia of your choice to complete the character.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Nine of Swords
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote