• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Others Abandoned My Lovely Sara [v0.6] [Caizer Games]

3.60 star(s) 16 Votes

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
bro, it's giving me blue balls. need to finish the story. can anyone carry on the torch?
Doubtful. It's CaizerGames' project, and he's still actively developing (Happy Summer). He's specifically said he's only put this game on pause until he gets enough income to hire another developer to help him. At that point (and after he finishes HS) he'll get this ported to Ren'Py and resume work on it. Since he's still active and planning to continue work on this later, I highly doubt he'd be OK with anyone working on this in his place.

NakedSingularity

May 17, 2022
Doubtful. It's CaizerGames' project, and he's still actively developing (Happy Summer). He's specifically said he's only put this game on pause until he gets enough income to hire another developer to help him. At that point (and after he finishes HS) he'll get this ported to Ren'Py and resume work on it. Since he's still active and planning to continue work on this later, I highly doubt he'd be OK with anyone working on this in his place.
What does being ok with it have to do with anything? It's been 3 years, possibly 5 more assuming HS doesn't get abandoned too. Plans more often than not don't work out, so someone should get on 'carrying the torch" anyway if they can get some reasonably close if not the same Daz assets. HS kinda sux anyway compared to MLS.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
What does being ok with it have to do with anything? It's been 3 years, possibly 5 more assuming HS doesn't get abandoned too. Plans more often than not don't work out, so someone should get on 'carrying the torch" anyway if they can get some reasonably close if not the same Daz assets. HS kinda sux anyway compared to MLS.
It has to do with everything: it's called copyright law. You're not allowed just to grab somebody else's work — finished or not — and continue with it. Someone would have to remake the entire thing from the start and risk potentially getting sued if they don't have CG's permission. And given that he's planning on continuing with this after either he reaches his subscriber goal or he finishes HS, I highly doubt he'd give permission to take his work away from him.

NakedSingularity

May 17, 2022
It has to do with everything: it's called copyright law. You're not allowed just to grab somebody else's work — finished or not — and continue with it. Someone would have to remake the entire thing from the start and risk potentially getting sued if they don't have CG's permission. And given that he's planning on continuing with this after either he reaches his subscriber goal or he finishes HS, I highly doubt he'd give permission to take his work away from him.
Who pays attention to copyright law anymore? I'd do so if I knew how, and let them sue and get an uncollectable judgement (I'd release it for free as a torrent and just use SS for advertising) as in real life I mostly deal in cash and crypto and the bank account when I can't avoid using one is usually close to empty (less than $1). Last time I was sued I didn't even pay attention to it and didn't even bother showing up for court. Plaintiff got a summary judgement that they still haven't been able to collect after 6 years and counting.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Who pays attention to copyright law anymore? I'd do so if I knew how, and let them sue and get an uncollectable judgement (I'd release it for free as a torrent and just use SS for advertising) as in real life I mostly deal in cash and crypto and the bank account when I can't avoid using one is usually close to empty (less than $1). Last time I was sued I didn't even pay attention to it and didn't even bother showing up for court. Plaintiff got a summary judgement that they still haven't been able to collect after 6 years and counting.
What a horrible attitude to have. It shows no basic level of respect for a creator, all to satisfy your greed to see more of Sara in a game? I'm sorry, but I'm no longer interested in anything you have to say on this topic. Welcome to my Ignore list.

NakedSingularity

May 17, 2022
What a horrible attitude to have. It shows no basic level of respect for a creator, all to satisfy your greed to see more of Sara in a game? I'm sorry, but I'm no longer interested in anything you have to say on this topic. Welcome to my Ignore list.
/shrug As if I care. The upside of that is that's just less replies for me to type. Everyone seems to also ignore the fact this whole site is basically based on piracy.

Jack0h

Sep 7, 2018
you might have put ''actively'' in quotes, as pretty much anyone who plays that particular game has grown cobwebs awaiting a substantive release.

Reactions: NakedSingularity

AJBit

Mar 9, 2018
Has Caizer copyrighted his material? If the answer is no, then anyone can use his shit. He probably doesn't have to funds to hire an attorney anyway.

Reactions: BigDaddyDom

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Has Caizer copyrighted his material? If the answer is no, then anyone can use his shit. He probably doesn't have to funds to hire an attorney anyway.
Why, are you planning to steal his game out from under him? If Caizer wants to sue for damages or something, he should register officially for copyright (if he hasn't already). However, from the moment you create something . Since he also lists it on his Patreon page and it's been publicly there for a long time now, it could be pretty easy to claim his own copyright, depending on in what court the case might land.

Since I'm not he, I can't say what he may or may not have done. But I think your attitude is disgusting. Assuming what you suggest were true, you imply that if someone can't afford to sue over their creative work somehow that justifies stealing it from them. If nothing else, I find that morally reprehensible. There's a huge difference between downloading someone's creation without permission to play it and trying to take their creation from them entirely and claim it as your own.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
I agree and disagree.
the reason I disagree is because of Caizer. if u remember the reason he "stopped" developing the game and how he used this game to promote his other game. for a time patrons payed him for something they didnt get.
to have this game as hostage was a shitty move.
he also told nobody could help, even if people did, some BS about ren'py engine. but someone remade it in ren'py but it was still not enough for Caizer to continue.
for me Caizer is not somebody u need to respect. do whatever u want, if u want to "remake" this game, just do.
nobody can do anything about it if its your own renders, just "change" a few lines here and there and he can go to hell.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I agree and disagree.
the reason I disagree is because of Caizer. if u remember the reason he "stopped" developing the game and how he used this game to promote his other game. for a time patrons payed him for something they didnt get.
to have this game as hostage was a shitty move.
he also told nobody could help, even if people did, some BS about ren'py engine. but someone remade it in ren'py but it was still not enough for Caizer to continue.
for me Caizer is not somebody u need to respect. do whatever u want, if u want to "remake" this game, just do.
nobody can do anything about it if its your own renders, just "change" a few lines here and there and he can go to hell.
I honestly don't understand this reasoning as an explanation of why it's OK to steal a creator's work. What you describe isn't hijacking My Lovely Sara, so I don't understand the point you're arguing. If you make a whole new game — even if it's very similar to this one — you're not taking Caizer's game from him. As I've said on other threads, I have no problem with that at all. The specific point I was making was against stealing this work, not against making a similar game.

What you're talking about isn't the same thing I was describing, so I'm confused on how you disagree. Maybe you disagree on my perspective that it's reprehensible to steal another's work. I'm not sure based on your response.

Copyright law wouldn't apply to a brand new game, even with a very similar theme but with changes in renders, dialogue, etc. The law is very specific on this type of thing. You cannot, for example, use the precise name and logo of another company for your own company. However, you can use a similar logo but a different name. You can use the same name* and a different logo. Things like that are OK, and I agree with that part of copyright law.

I don't care how anyone feels about Caizer specifically, and I'm not justifying anything he has done or failed to do. However, if you're going to apply a set of rules for one individual, you should apply it for all. The law doesn't change based on your level of respect for somebody. Copyright is the same across the board, with the only exceptions being how a judge rules on a case based on things like extenuating circumstances; certain things falling within the spirit of the law (such as with the broad leeway for fair use); etc.

*There are exceptions to this. You cannot use a created word that otherwise doesn't exist (like Prozac) for your product's name, for instance. You could get around this, however, with a similar pronunciation but different spelling, like O-BLEEK and OBLIQ or something. So you might get away with Pro-Zack possibly, depending on how close to violation a judge feels that might be.

Reactions: Falco Falcone

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
I dont give a crap about copyright. remember, this is the last place u should moralize about that.
I have been making tools and crack and now games for +10 years. never asked for a dime, still Im doing the game-engine for free. so for me, I hate copyright. if u want money be creative, let people decide to give u money.

also, whomever will "take" this game will need to render. the game is not done so its not stealing a finished game, but a half-made game that need work. its like I found an old piece of art, not done and I decide to finish it.

people will use the ren'py version. and thats not Caizer at all. its someone else that made it.
and for the whole game. the new dev can change here and there and add more renders.

its like a mod of a game. or a remake or a continuation of a game.
we are talking about "continuing" a game not stealing it and selling it for money in the current state.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I dont give a crap about copyright. remember, this is the last place u should moralize about that.
Once more, you're talking about something I'm not. I don't care about mods or making a game based off of this. Regardless of your feelings on copyright, it will apply if a suit is pursued and not if he doesn't do anything about it.

Clearly we won't see eye to eye on this, and that's fine. I stand by what I said: complete theft of another's creative work is repulsive. And I will continue to "moralize" about it if this is what happens. As I already said, there's a big difference between pirating a single copy of a game to play yourself and completely ripping off someone else's creation and passing it off as yours.
I have been making tools and crack and now games for +10 years. never asked for a dime, still Im doing the game-engine for free. so for me, I hate copyright. if u want money be creative, let people decide to give u money.
I don't disagree with the idea of people deciding to give you money if they want to support you ofc. The only point I was making and am against is taking someone else's work and calling it your own. That's not "being creative"; that's outright theft.
its like a mod of a game. or a remake or a continuation of a game.
Modding that, creating something based off that, making something with a similar story and characters — all of these are fine IMO and are creative. I'm only saying it exists and that "anyone can use his shit" implies the blatant stealing of what he's made.

I do think copyright laws presently give way too much protection to creators, especially the duration of an acquired copyright. However, I don't believe that copyright law being abused (by creators) means it shouldn't exist. I feel like there should be moderation, somewhere in the middle between where things are now and no protection at all.
also, whomever will "take" this game will need to render. the game is not done so its not stealing a finished game, but a half-made game that need work. its like I found an old piece of art, not done and I decide to finish it.
If the "old piece of art" was by a painter who died, I think you should be allowed to finish it. But if the painter is still alive, it should be off-limits IMO unless the creator gives explicit permission. Yes, I know: you hate copyright. I believe other paths should be available in addition to the one you've chosen. So I guess we will just keep disagreeing on this point.
people will use the ren'py version. and thats not Caizer at all. its someone else that made it.
and for the whole game. the new dev can change here and there and add more renders.
My understanding was that this was a conversion to Ren'Py. If this was only a conversion of engine, the code isn't Caizer but the dialogue, story, and renders are. I don't feel moving a game to a different gaming engine is sufficient to say "that's not Caizer at all".
we are talking about "continuing" a game not stealing it and selling it for money in the current state.
There are many things "continuing a game" could mean, so it would depend on how exactly that translated into the end result. Clearly Caizer's native language isn't English, so I would assume the dialogue would be changed quite a bit. Models are readily available online, so I would guess you can get the same model for Sara. If so, you could use that since the developer wouldn't own the rights to restrict the model to his own game. With those two things being true, it wouldn't be hard to make a very similar game without it being a full ripoff of this one.

Done before this one got continued by Caizer (if it ever does), there is a huge amount of flexibility in the direction the story could go. In the fantasy world where the developer does finish this game, there's no reason to think that the alternate "continuation" of this wouldn't be very different from what this specific game ends up being. And I'd be fine with that.

Reactions: Falco Falcone
3.60 star(s) 16 Votes