VN Others Abandoned My Lovely Sara [v0.6] [Caizer Games]

3.60 star(s) 16 Votes

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
This girl Sara and her almost doppelganger in Our Fate, to me, represent an image of innocence and virginity incarnate.
I don't know why but it might be some freudian thing that makes me want to corrupt and ravish them.
It's kind of a case of the virgin on a pillar where you can only look, dream and desire but never have.
A pity that both games have gone to eternal sleep.
Maybe the dev's had the same problem where the story would have lost all worth once the girls had lost their innocence.

A real pity that we probably will never return to the dream of bedding these girls.

D

Deleted member 2767565

What it really means is he's doing Happy Summer and please keep contributing money on the hope he'll do something on MLS.

He doesn't even care about his paying patrons, so why would he care about a game that everyone likes that he abandoned?
UnDoubleUpUhUh

Those are very specific and assured assertions you are making about this guy's intentions, without, seemingly, offering any kind of substantiation (why does this sound familiar?).
I'm not a Patron of his so I'd appreciate some validation of these comments, please.
Thanks

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
Those are very specific and assured assertions you are making about this guy's intentions, without, seemingly, offering any kind of substantiation (why does this sound familiar?).
I'm not a Patron of his so I'd appreciate some validation of these comments, please.
Thanks
I'm not a patreon either, but that's the kind of vibe he has been giving for years now.

I don't remember if he said he'll work on Happy Summer to get money to hire something to make the game in Ren'Py or to learn how make a game in Ren'Py from scracth so he can then work on MLS, but the truth is that Ren'Py is one of the most retarded programs you can find so there is no need to make a new game to "learn" Ren'Py and some fans already ported the game to Ren'Py for free and Caizer's answer was simply deleting it.

In any case it's always up to him. I love this game and I don't really care about Happy Summer so it sucks for me but if he wants to work on another game then there is nothing I'll do about it, except playing other games of course.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I'm not a patreon either, but that's the kind of vibe he has been giving for years now.

I don't remember if he said he'll work on Happy Summer to get money to hire something to make the game in Ren'Py or to learn how make a game in Ren'Py from scracth so he can then work on MLS, but the truth is that Ren'Py is one of the most retarded programs you can find so there is no need to make a new game to "learn" Ren'Py and some fans already ported the game to Ren'Py for free and Caizer's answer was simply deleting it.

In any case it's always up to him. I love this game and I don't really care about Happy Summer so it sucks for me but if he wants to work on another game then there is nothing I'll do about it, except playing other games of course.
IDK, one huge problem with My Lovely Sara was the lack of plot. It was very good in artwork (ofc, that hasn't changed; Caizer has always been good with art), but practically nothing happens in the game. There are sexual situations, but they are disconnected from each other: Sara spends the night with the MC and wonders about sex when he gets hard; there was (briefly) the possibility to get closer to his ex's sister (nothing sexual yet); he and Sara play strip poker; the two of them visit his office; etc. . . . I liked the game, but there were major flaws in the storytelling. Basically, it was just "my ex was (is still) a bitch, her sister agrees with me, I visit my daughter I've not seen for forever, things get sexually intimate pretty fast, and the MC and Sara both decide to flip the middle finger to the ex". Other than the progressing intimacy, that's the plot of maybe one version of a game, not six.

Honestly, it's the same problem with Happy Summer right now, too. Cute, attractive renders and not much else. There's very little story (for any of the characters), there's even less lewd content in the game than MLS had (even though HS is many versions farther along now), and now he's trying to manage at least four different girls instead of just two. I keep playing it because I actually really like the girls (in both games; I'd play MLS again in a heartbeat if there were a new version). But let's not pretend that either game has quality any deeper than model rendering. If anything, this game was a nice set of lewd scenes sloppily stitched together by some uninteresting dialogue.

All of the above said, though, I still hope this game continues in the future. I just hope there's a better plot, more interesting writing, and continued but gradual development into sex going forward. I don't want slow burn here, but as it now exists, this feels more like a rush to get something sexual out for fans, rather than creating scenes between lewd content that have any real connection to the more exciting parts of the game.

Profound_Madman

Dec 3, 2019
IDK, one huge problem with My Lovely Sara was the lack of plot. It was very good in artwork (ofc, that hasn't changed; Caizer has always been good with art), but practically nothing happens in the game. There are sexual situations, but they are disconnected from each other: Sara spends the night with the MC and wonders about sex when he gets hard; there was (briefly) the possibility to get closer to his ex's sister (nothing sexual yet); he and Sara play strip poker; the two of them visit his office; etc. . . . I liked the game, but there were major flaws in the storytelling. Basically, it was just "my ex was (is still) a bitch, her sister agrees with me, I visit my daughter I've not seen for forever, things get sexually intimate pretty fast, and the MC and Sara both decide to flip the middle finger to the ex". Other than the progressing intimacy, that's the plot of maybe one version of a game, not six.

Honestly, it's the same problem with Happy Summer right now, too. Cute, attractive renders and not much else. There's very little story (for any of the characters), there's even less lewd content in the game than MLS had (even though HS is many versions farther along now), and now he's trying to manage at least four different girls instead of just two. I keep playing it because I actually really like the girls (in both games; I'd play MLS again in a heartbeat if there were a new version). But let's not pretend that either game has quality any deeper than model rendering. If anything, this game was a nice set of lewd scenes sloppily stitched together by some uninteresting dialogue.

All of the above said, though, I still hope this game continues in the future. I just hope there's a better plot, more interesting writing, and continued but gradual development into sex going forward. I don't want slow burn here, but as it now exists, this feels more like a rush to get something sexual out for fans, rather than creating scenes between lewd content that have any real connection to the more exciting parts of the game.
I mean we saw where he wanted to go with it, at least I did, but the execution wasn't there. I just wish at least he had someone working with him.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
This is quite the hidden gem with a ton of potential. As others have said, there really is a bit of a DMD vibe too the game, but actually better in some ways. Fantastic renders and good quality writing. I guess the reason why I had never heard of this game is because it's been abandoned. Such a shame the dev bailed on such a promising project!

If you read his Patreon correctly, he says that he will be able to hire someone when he hits his 100% target (presently at 60% with 328 patrons) to work on MLS, which means that he will need roughly another 270 to 300 patrons or so before hitting the 100% target. So I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. Here's what he said on his Patreon: QUOTE ( After hitting this target I'll be able to hire someone to start on the MLS Remake along with creating additional content for HS! ). Also keep in mind, working on a REMAKE (in case you run out of ideas, content or interest for a VN) is somewhat easier since you already have a lot of the work done all the way up to Chapter 6 in the case of MLS. This would be the easiest way for him to keep money flowing in and keeping patrons interested without having to work too hard on new MLS content. Time will tell..
Doesn't seem likely this game will resume as it's difficult for a game to pick up that many new patrons, especially when the dev is not actually developing the game anymore - why would anybody fund the project if they don't even know whether he will meet his target adn resume work on the game? Seems kind of a backwards approach to me.

I've taken a quick look at Caizer new game and it doesn't seem nearly as a good as this one. Don't understand his rationale for abandoning this game. With a little bit of marketing it would be hugely popular

Last edited:

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
Caizer booted me from the discord because I asked why people are waiting for the update to a game he's too lazy to pick back up lmao
Is it laziness? Wasn't sure what his actual reason was for abandoning this game. I assumed he lost interest, which is a shame because this game could be great

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
He's hanging it over people's heads with a patreon goal, and yet he's working on a far inferior game.
Yeah, he's never going to hit that goal if he doesn't show a commitment to this game, that as you said is much better than his other. Don't understand why he doesn't just work on both

aidenboy

Jan 26, 2018
I find both games to be quite good. Happy Summer I love the renders and animation and this game had quite a good story to it. I'd rather see both through to fruition.

Reactions: BVonkX
D

Deleted member 2767565

The guy is doing what he wants which, as creator, is, in my opinion, entirely his prerogative and those who don't, won't or can't help support financially have no business getting on their high horse about his plans and motivations.

I love MLS and yeah, it sucks royally having become enchanted by its excellence, to be left hanging when all in here enjoy it so much, but sadly them's the breaks. Hopefully he'll come back to this gem when he's completed his Happy Summer project.

Sure, one might accuse the Dev of dangling this tasty morsel on the end of his line, but it might equally be that he speaks the truth on his Patreon page and that he finds this title more challenging (or labor intensive) than HS and something he wants or knows he will need extra hands for if he is to rewrite and make MLS everything we hope it might turn out to be. He talks of a rewrite which automatically leads one to hope/assume/expect an improvement over the existing version.

He must surely know from the build up in interest that has grown around MLS that he may, and rightfully so, be onto something more lucrative than originally appeared to be the case here and you cannot really fault him for being interested in the money because it's part and parcel of the crowd-funding concept behind Patreon (no matter where the proceeds end up) and everyone knows it. He does have a commitment to his existing Patrons and followers to finish Happy Summer first, just as we would expect him to have to MLS if things were the other way round, so we shall just have to wait and hope...

Last edited by a moderator:
3.60 star(s) 16 Votes