VN Ren'Py Abandoned My First Teacher [v0.04.03] [MrEvo Games]

2.00 star(s) 6 Votes

Mohawk01

Mar 30, 2018
There is a bug when you try to search Helen's room

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/helenroom.rpy", line 132, in <module>
NameError: name 'key_rachelroom' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "helenroom.rpyc", line 132, in script
  File "C:\Games\MyFirstTeacher-0.02-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1762, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Games\MyFirstTeacher-0.02-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1944, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Games\MyFirstTeacher-0.02-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1937, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/helenroom.rpy", line 132, in <module>
NameError: name 'key_rachelroom' is not defined

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
My 1st Teacher 0.02
Mon Jan 14 20:10:08 2019

BitterFrost

Sep 28, 2017
There is a bug when you try to search Helen's room
Did you load a 0.1 save? That might explain it.

I like the art, but there is almost nothing here yet, and the dialogue and writing is indeed terrible. Lots of potential, but that's about it.

FAQtime

Jan 7, 2018
same happens but exits to game menu and that its what u need to continue the quest. I have unren the game u need to get the key from teacher room then in day 3 at night u see Rachel naked :p

Charlie C.C.

Jan 7, 2019
It is rather terrible. There was one line early on that was a red flag, a warning like a punch to the nose: 'Wow! A woman driver!' (something like that, I'm paraphrasing and can't check it because I deleted the game already).
This comes across as fiction written by someone unspoilt by any interaction with other humans.

FAQtime

Jan 7, 2018
BTW saves are over loading with some errors , buggs bunny in the house :p

for a new game to work try to delete the saves from Users\>Your name<\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\ My teacher ...

Mohawk01

Mar 30, 2018
Did you load a 0.1 save? That might explain it.

I like the art, but there is almost nothing here yet, and the dialogue and writing is indeed terrible. Lots of potential, but that's about it.
Yeah you right I started a new game and its fixed, but it's still bugy

FAQtime

Jan 7, 2018
I hoped to give u a fix but after 30-40 min of trying i give up.

python:

inventory = Inventory()
key_rachelroom = Item("{b}Key:{/b}", 0, image = "bag/key_rachelroom_idle.png", description = "Key for Rachel's Room.", h_image = "bag/key_rachelroom_hover.png")

python:

quest_key_rachelroom = Quest("q_key_rachelroom", image = "", questdesk ="Rachel's room key")
quest_list = []
completed_quests = []

jump intro_start
-------------------------------
^ UP ^ here ends the code ...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
Well he's no longer concerned with a woman driving a car. Even so, not feeling it.

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
What's wrong with the key? Does he not know that he has to appear when I search for him? :rolleyes:

oidex

Jan 9, 2018
This mc really is a hardcore douchenozzle.
Hurr durr, I hate my parents because they say I'm not ready for life.
By the way, I just became homeless because I literally forgot to pay my dorm rent.
Also, I attend my lectures with nothing more than a phone in hand and then sleep though them.
*slams his head flat on the table*
I AM ready for life!

Reactions: Ibrawar
Aug 30, 2018
I'll stay 100% in! This Game have potential, i wait till it's fixed. BTW: Can you add multible Teachers later in the Game? Or focus on her but more Options?

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
This comes across as fiction written by someone unspoilt by any interaction with other humans.
This is quality analysis :).

This mc really is a hardcore douchenozzle.

Hurr durr, I hate my parents because they say I'm not ready for life.
By the way, I just became homeless because I literally forgot to pay my dorm rent.
Also, I attend my lectures with nothing more than a phone in hand and then sleep though them.
*slams his head flat on the table*
I AM ready for life!
This breakdown made me laugh. But in the off, off, offfff chance that the dev is trying to create an authentic adolescent douchenozzle of an MC, this dichotomy of "I hate my parents because they say I'm not ready for life!!" and actually not being ready for life and screwing up over and over is more common than one might think. A lot of teenage boys lack the self-awareness to even realize the conflict between demonstrating over and over again they aren't grown up and "I hate that my parents treat me like a child!" The rest of the... err, "writing" (for lack of a better word) in this game make it hard to believe that the dev is consciously playing up this angle, but there are a lot of college freshman who think and behave like spoiled children while bemoaning their lack of independence. I just really, really don't want to play a game with that kind of boy as the MC.

redbull1337

Feb 22, 2018
It is rather terrible. There was one line early on that was a red flag, a warning like a punch to the nose: 'Wow! A woman driver!' (something like that, I'm paraphrasing and can't check it because I deleted the game already).
lol woman drivers can be scary

Antwit

Dec 20, 2018
Curious how this going on.:rolleyes: Up to now I have absolutely no clue what actions may be possible after the intro o_O :cautious:

Reactions: phreadom
2.00 star(s) 6 Votes