Mr.Dots New Game, Sunshine Love Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
I don't see how anyone could be negative towards a game where you play a creepy guy grooming his estranged daughter into being his personal sex toy.
That's all perfectly fine and wholesome. Just don't mention sharing or ntr, or heaven forbid, letting her be attracted to anyone else. Unless it's a dog.

Freud would have a field day in the DMD thread.

Falcon6

Mar 15, 2018
The MC and LI are - if I have my calculations correct - 26/27 and 24 respectively.
I usually don't post in these threads, but seeing the authors would like inputs from possible game users...

1. I agree with the "too busty butt" for the main female character. It just looks out of proportion, and I'm glad MrDots will be "toning it down" somewhat.

2. My only other observation is that (to me) her mouth/lips look "childish" for a female character who would be in her mid-20's (Jeff says she's around 24 in his quote above). The rest of her face, eyes, nose, etc look great as far as her being a fantasy "woman" of 24-years old. But her mouth/lips look like they belong on an underaged or teeny-bopper "Loli" character. Or something I would expect to see in a "fantasy 10-year old dragon slayer" type of content. She doesn't have elf ears or horns, so give her a mouth and lips that look like a real woman. The one on her is too narrow (width) and too "puffy tall" (heart shaped? with excessively long "lines" extending horizontally from them) for the rest of her face and too "Pixie" for a 24-year old woman. It just doesn't look "right" (in proportion) with the rest of her facial features. Let alone imagining getting a (usually in these VN's) large "male member" inserted into it. The thought of seeing that with the size of that mouth right now makes me shudder. :eek:

3. As for the story content? I have no concerns about what MrDot's team will come up with. Both DMD and Melody were/are 2 of my favorites, and in my opinion, well written VN's that have been available. The renders and animations will keep me coming back regardless of the story content.

Just my observations. And I know others may disagree, so don't anybody get bent out of shape about it.

Last edited:

bagre1

Jul 13, 2019
Seems like Mrdots is creating a kind of Stephen King multiverse like among hes games

Very interesting

Reactions: txtBild

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
That's all perfectly fine and wholesome. Just don't mention sharing or ntr, or heaven forbid, letting her be attracted to anyone else. Unless it's a dog.

Freud would have a field day in the DMD thread.
Hmmmm. Have you been following DMD? My concern is you may be setting yourself up for disappointment on the sharing side.

• Angry
Reactions: Rythan25
Jan 27, 2018
SL Development Update 2 – Poll
Hello everyone!
I hope you’re having a good week so far.
Thanks so much to those who participated in our previous post, giving us suggestions, feedback and constructive criticism of the two main characters from our forthcoming new game. I know that some of you have expressed your concerns about the main female not being as petite as the lead characters from our previous two games. And this is our fault for not communicating things to you properly.

Our actual plan is for our game to have two female lead characters. One “roommate” is a girl with a normal height (around 5ft 6) with bigger assets. And the other “roommate” will be more petite (around 5ft 3), and having more normal-sized assets. We will introduce the other female lead next week as scheduled, and so you can see the differences between the two leads.

You will be able to choose which one to date during the game. You’ll be able to date both if you want to as well. So, don’t worry if this first female lead isn’t your cup of tea. You’ll be able to date your younger “roommate” if you wish to

The game will also include a number of side characters with a wide variety of race, height and shapes considered, such as:
• Latino/Hispanic girls
• Asian girls
• MILFs
• Twins!
• Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander

These characters will be revealed one week at a time as proposed in our previous post.

There will be some small changes to the first roommate’s appearance, based on your suggestions. Quite a number of you felt that the body proportions for this character were uneven, and we definitely agree with that.

Poll Idea:
This is something that I had discussed with my team a while ago before publishing the first post about our game, but we’re still not sure if we should implement this idea or not. So we’ll leave the decision to you guys, our supporters.

The question is simple: Would you like to see a new version of “D” in the new game?

Our intention is not to bring the original D back into this new game, but instead, we want to use a doppelgänger (a different version of the character with her own backstory, different to D’s).

If she were to feature in Sunshine Love, then you would have the chance to date her, but she would be a side character in the game.

So, what do you think everyone? Would you like to see a new version of D in our new game? Let us know in the poll below:

Thanks so much for your support.

Mrdots and team.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Hmmmm. Have you been following DMD? My concern is you may be setting yourself up for disappointment on the sharing side.
I think he's talking about other people kicking off when sharing is mentioned.

There are 2 words that seriously confuse a small number of people on this site and those are choices and optional.

You make content based on choices and that content is optional but those 2 words suddenly mean nothing when sharing is mentioned.

I don't go to DMD's forum but it has been brought up in other threads by people claiming it's turning into a cuck/ntr game because those 2 words confused them. For some reason choices and optional suddenly turn into forced content.

Fortunately most people understand what's going on but the second you mention sharing and it's like loosening bricks in a dam, over time those bricks will give way and the flood of foolish will break through.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
It always amazes me that people complain over an action that is optional.
The only non-optional action in DMD is incest.
Even that is optional, the game just becomes really brief.

Last edited:

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
For some reason choices and optional suddenly turn into forced content.
I think for at least some of these people there is a concern that the choices will not telegraph the outcome. There is probably also a concern there will be some "toe-dipping" into sharing/ntr before it can be totally cut off. Both of these things were issues in the first chapter of DMD, which culminated in a game over that had been signaled as the correct choice eight updates prior (and fate cemented three updates prior). This is also a frequent problem in many other games.

(But yeah, there are a lot of people that completely lose their shit over this. It is a common complaint in the SuperPowered thread.)

Reactions: Watcher X

MoreLinks

Jul 27, 2018
It always amazes me that people complain over an action that is optional.
The only non-optional action in DMD is incest.
Even that is optional, the game just becomes really brief.
I've thought about this myself, in adult games in general, not necessarily with DMD. I wonder if with optional content that people don't want to see, it kind of turns them off of the characters involved in that content. Like if even if they don't see or play it, knowing that all it takes is a few choice words to the MC's girlfriend or significant other, and then she's totally into sharing, cheating, or other fetishes. Then the players might be a little less interested in that character's pure route? I know that seems a bit crazy, but it's just something I've thought about. I don't know if I'm making sense.

Reactions: Rythan25

Les_Riggs

Oct 19, 2017
I agree the MC does look somewhat punchable, but we can all agree right that it is a big improvement to the MC in DmD. I cringed whenever I saw a glimpse of the MC's face in DmD. It was hideous.
Question, is there actually a male-MC (or partner of a female-MC) in any of these games that are actually likeable, and don't have a face worth punching? :ROFLMAO:

Of the several games I've played on here, I can't think of one that the majority of fans would deem "a likeable male-MC".
I just feel like that this specific character is never ever going to be liked in any kind of game, even if they had the look and charisma of a Ryan Reynolds-type - there'd still be at least one person that would still want to punch them in the face for whatever reason. :giggle:

ryan_reynolds_face.gif

Enough

Oct 11, 2018
Question, is there actually a male-MC (or partner of a female-MC) in any of these games that are actually likeable, and don't have a face worth punching? :ROFLMAO:
From games I have played last year I would say that MC in Cure my Addiction and in Long Live the Princess are likeable. At least devs didn't do too much to make you don't like them.

Last edited:

Maldus

Donor
Mar 28, 2017
SL Development Update 3 - New Character Previews!

Hello to all our fans and supporters!

As promised, we are today unveiling the next character in our forthcoming release for Sunshine Love.
We have read your comments, concerns and criticisms of our lead-female MC over the past week, and we have made some physical changes to her figure which we hope most of you will find more appealing. Don't worry, she's not changed much. Only a few tweaks here and there were made.

As we have mentioned previously, there will be a variety of different female characters that will feature throughout this new VN.

Therefore, it gives you us a better chance of providing a character that may be suited more to your specific tastes, interests, desires etc.

We also mentioned in our post last week that we will reveal a new character each week, up until just before the first version of Sunshine Love is released.

About the game

We also wanted to use today’s post to give everyone more insight into what this game will be about, some of the objectives, etc.
But at the same time, we don’t want to give away too much either, as not to spoil things!
You will play as the main character (the guy in last week's picture previews) who finds himself having to travel from his home to Sunshine Bay near the start of the game.

He goes there to help his childhood female friend run a Bed and Breakfast Hotel, which is located in Sunshine Bay. Your objective is to help her create more business for her flailing hotel before it goes into receivership. You will stay there during the usually busy Summer period, or three months if things go well.

You will also be given the task of helping her to recruit other people (or characters) in the town for specific positions at the hotel (e.g a cook, a maid, a receptionist, plus other jobs!).

As the game progresses, you will get to know some or all of these characters a lot better, and you will have the option to choose to see them as a work colleague, friend or maybe even something more!

Now before you ask, there won't be any grinding or anything like that involved in the game, so don't worry about it. Our idea is to keep the same gameplay from our two previous games and adding a little extra stuff to make the gameplay and endings not so linear. We'll share more details about this in a future post.

There is a very detailed backstory that features at the start of the game. It will explain the relationship between the MC and his friend. You will also find out what his present situation is, and the exact reason why he must leave his hometown to go to Sunshine Bay.

Again, we don’t want to give too much of the story away before the game is even released!

About the new character

The character in the previews below is the female-MC’s "best friend".

She’s eighteen years old, a keen surfer, and is currently studying at college. Her intention is to also help your friend with the running of the hotel.

Like with you and the “friend” characters, you will be able to name the FMC's best friend character when she appears in the game.

So have a good think about the name that you would like to give to her ;)
(Feel free to post a name that you might consider for her in the comments section!)
Please let us know your thoughts on this character in the comments section below.
This new game is not just about us and our personal tastes, it’s for you guys and girls also. So use this opportunity when we post each character preview to let us know exactly what you think.
All feedback is welcome including criticism, as long as it’s constructive.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

She's a lot shorter than the MC. She's 152cm tall or 5 feet tall. FMC calls her Shortcake because she's short, sweet, and adorable! :p

Changes to the childhood “Friend” character

As mentioned above and in replies, we gave to most of you who had some concerns about the first preview of the “friend” character, we have made some adjustments to her physique, to try and give her a more realistic look.

The main thing we want for this character is for her to be completely different in every possible way to the lead female-MC in our previous two VN’s.

We are well aware that it’s almost impossible to create a lead character that everybody is going to like. However, having multiple female love interests appear in this new game will give you all more options, and to (hopefully) find that one girl or woman that fits the bill!

Just because the “friend” is one of the main female characters in SL, doesn’t automatically make her the most important, or everyone’s favourite.

We know that. So please keep that in mind for when we get closer to the release date and when you are viewing the new character reveals over the next few weeks. We consider them all as someone’s favourite new character, regardless of how big their role in the game will be.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Other details

Some fans have asked what fetishes will appear in SL, or how it will differ to our first two VN’s.
All we can say right now is that we are very open to ideas and suggestions, and that we will try not to rule anything out at the present time.

However, please see the disclaimer below to see what will not feature in this version of our new game:
Disclaimer: “Sunshine Bay” will not feature bestiality, rape, and child exploitation. There will also be no fringe sexual fetish creations, such as necrophilia, NTR or fetish creations that are hard to distinguish from non-consensual sex. That’s not what we’re about and most people that have played our first two games will know that about us already.
This VN will also not feature any incest or incest themes... Only landladies and roommates are allowed!
We'll share a full fetishes list in a future post.

Feedback
So anyways, please leave us your thoughts, feedback and constructive criticism about our new character previews, or anything to do with the new game, in the comments section below.
Thanks to all you guys (and girls) that have posted up messages and suggestions on our various pages over the past few weeks.

We’re still going through them all and we’ll do our very best to include these ideas into this new VN wherever we can.
And if we don’t, then we will consider them for our other current game or any VN’s that we create in the future ;)
SL v0.1 will be released in late-March, with an exact release date to be posted up soon.

Be sure to check back with us next week for our fourth character preview, as well as more details about the release of Sunshine Love!

Have a great day!
Mrdots.

Status
Not open for further replies.