Mr.Dots New Game, Sunshine Love Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Mr.Dots announced his new game today, so I figured I'd make a thread to talk about it in.

Hello everyone!
I hope you’ve had a great start to the new year!
Thank you all for your patience in waiting for the very first details about our brand-new game. Today we will share this information with you, and we hope that you like our plans for the new game.
New Game’s Name:
The name of our new game is “Sunshine Love”, or “SL” as we’ve been calling it.
1578365203131.png
How we came up with the title for our new VN is due to where the visual novel is going to mainly be set – a place we’ve named Sunshine Bay, (which some of you may have noticed was also the name of the first track on Melody’s debut album!)
View attachment 509067
For those of you who have played our first game, Sunshine bay is the town next to Seaside and they’re both resort towns. So expect beaches, parties, sun, and girls in bikinis!

Type of Game

It is indeed another Romance VN (with a smattering of other genres to feature throughout), and we’re already looking at including new and different features compared to what has been used in our first two games.

Main Plot

The Main Plot has been mapped out already for the story of Sunshine Love, and the write-up for this will be posted in my Patreon “My Membership” section once it’s ready.

What I can tell you now is that this new game will be more similar to our first game than to Melody. In other words, the plot will be simpler and more generalist than Melody’s was. We’re not going to focus on a specific theme like music or anything like that.

New characters introduced each week until the release date

What we will be doing each week over the course of the next two months is unveiling a different character that will feature at some point in Sunshine Love, maybe as early as the first release!

We’re well underway with our opening scene scripts and created plenty of renders and some animated scenes for the very first release.

With each post between now and then, we will reveal more and more details about the storyline, the characters, the menu setup and the overall objective of the game, just to name a few things…

As this is our very first post about SL, we thought that it would be best to share with you previews of our two main leads straight up!

So here they are:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
She doesn’t have a specific name. You’ll be able to name her just like the lead-female in our first game.

We call her s… I mean, best friend or roommate. You know what we mean
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

He will be the protagonist of the story. You’ll be able to name him as well of course. He’ll be the female lead’s b… best friend

The game will also include more roommates and of course, a landlady. Because you can’t have a good game without a landlady right?

As aforementioned above, we have some new features for this VN, one of them being that you will be able to see what the MC looks like in full (the guy in the previews), which we already see as a huge advantage over the previous two games.

It will greatly expand our options, especially when it comes to those “special” scenes within the game. The game will still have the classic POV feature but mixed with third view shots as well.

Final words

Please leave us your thoughts, feedback and constructive criticism about our two main lead character previews in the comments section below.

Thanks to all you guys (and girls) that have posted up messages and suggestions on our various pages over the past few weeks.

We’re still going through them all and we’ll do our very best to include these ideas into this new VN wherever we can.

And if we don’t, then we will consider them for our other current game or any VN’s that we create in the future

SL v0.1 will be released in late-March, with an exact release date to be posted up soon.

Be sure to check back with us next week for our third character preview, as well as more details about the release of Sunshine Love!

Have a great day!

Mrdots.

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Well that renders looks good! I hope this game will be has good story like your other games. Your old games has some problems such as: 1- Render quality 2- Just choising one girl (Not harem route). Looks like you fixed first one with that renders already! But as far you know already Landlady, roommate (Yes we all know dont sweat :D) always we have harem routes! I hope you do well about this. I dont want see melody game choices again please dont make forced one girl path with this game to :D I wish you luck and keep it your good work <3

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I would be surprised if D didn't make a cameo.

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
It looks like Mr Dots is going with older main characters instead of the younger looking D and Melody. Let's hope it isn't as generic and boring as it initially looks. The 'sister' looks pretty enough, but she doesn't grab my interest like D does.

Also, I can see confusion is going to happen when people refer to this as SL, which is normally used to refer to Sisterly Lust.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I've been thinking on this, so here are some of my random thoughts.

- I like the "roommate" model. She is more mature looking than D and Melody are, but still young. Different body type too, D was exaggerated a bit and Melody was semi-petite. This one is sort of in the middle.
- The MC model has a very punchable face.
- I like the simple plot. In Melody, I felt the MC was sort of a bystander and just along for the ride so perhaps it'll be better in this.
- I like that it'll be a romance game, perhaps with some "spice" thrown in depending on what other stuff they add.
- More roommates and a landlady to be added makes me think this model is the middle roommate. She looks a bit too mature to be the youngest, but still younger than the older ones tend to look.
- And obviously, the big question. Did the landlord die like all the landlords before him?

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
Oh boy, that babe is smoking HOT!!
Can't wait for March's release!

t77

Apr 18, 2017
Its good that Mr Dots is not just going with the same body type all the time.

Also agree with LP83 about her being smoking hot.

Reactions: Rythan25

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
IMO maybe it's play age thing, but thick hips and a overly plump (fat) ass just doesn't do it for me. I hope Mr.Dots has not jumped on the thick girl band wagon that leaves you needing to beer goggle to be remotely attracted to the girls.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
I wonder why Mr.Dots showed the MC. Does it mean a change of pace from his previous games? I mean, in DMD and Melody most scenes were in a first-person perspective (I think I only remember a few glimpes of MC's mouth and chin, but not his full face).

Likeu80

Oct 27, 2019
Promising enough, maturish approach towards the mc, exciting to see how storyline continues by Mr.dots.

Status
Not open for further replies.