Mr.Dots New Game, Sunshine Love Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
I loved DmD but I confess I am really not seeing the draw of this one.
As the third member of the MDots Trio - I am generally an idea guy with Hearsz writing full time and MDots doing the art, coding and also ideas. I also do a little bit of writing, but with my law practice, I‘m part time. So I know where we are headed, see the ideas on the script board, and tweak it with ideas big and small.

I just finished the second beta test and, even knowing what was coming, I was profoundly impressed. Granted, I know it won’t be for everyone, and there will be complaints about this or that, but it is impressive.

it will be a similar slower burn (more on the Melody level), and the writing has the same style as DMD and Melody. I think it is a head above the two.

Thelonely6

Oct 22, 2018
Good thing that it's not like Melody. That game's endings is just illogical ( I'm talking about the good ending and perfect ending )

Reactions: Bakkalon

kabraly

Oct 4, 2017
Melody looked great but the music theme really wasn't my cup of tea. I'm really looking foward to this one, it has everything: best friends, landladies and last but not least, freaking twins!

Reactions: blahblah25

Maldus

Donor
Mar 28, 2017
Sunshine Love – Development News

Good morning/evening everyone.

I’m afraid I have some bad news about the development of our upcoming new game.

Regrettably, things haven’t quite gone to plan this week and we are going to require a few more days, before we can release Sunshine Love to you all. The new release date will now be Saturday, April 4th. :(

If we can release it earlier than that, then we will let you all know.

There are still a number of things that we need to test, fix and to make sure they all work properly before uploading the game.

Unfortunately these jobs take a lot of time, and we have estimated that we will not be able to finish them all before the original release date that we had set. So allowing ourselves just a few more days to finish them should be enough to get everything done in time for next Saturday.

We are really gutted that we couldn’t release it on Tuesday as promised, especially considering we very rarely miss a deadline that we pre-set.

If we were to release it on Tuesday, then we’d be delivering you an update that we know could be even better, and that’s not what we want for an opening release. So, for that reason, we are delaying it for just a few more days.

Our sincerest apologies for this, as we know a lot of you had been setting your own countdowns and keeping time aside to play it on Tuesday.

However, to somewhat make up for the delay, on Tuesday we will post up some more previews from the game and the rewards gallery, featuring another one of our characters.

This delay shouldn’t cause any hold-ups with the next release of our other game, which will still be released at the end of April (touch wood).

The writing for the next part of the game has already begun and the whole update has been mapped out, so we can start working on it as soon as Sunshine Love is released next weekend.

We appreciate your understanding during this time, and really hope that you are all safe, and looking after yourselves.

I’ll check back with you on Tuesday.

Have a great weekend,

Mrdots

Kryptozoid

Sep 3, 2016
Was also expecting to play it on tuesday, but, even if I can't know before playing it, I feel like whatever it's like, I will still wait more impatiently for DmD than for this new game. I'm sure it will probably be better than Melody, but it will be more vanilla since it's on Patreon. Unless there's an incest patch on F95. But even then, it will be 1st release, I've been following DmD since the beginning, it's only natural to be more attached to it.

To sum up this boring post, I don't really care as long as next DmD release doesn't suffer from the delay.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Was also expecting to play it on tuesday, but, even if I can't know before playing it, I feel like whatever it's like, I will still wait more impatiently for DmD than for this new game. I'm sure it will probably be better than Melody, but it will be more vanilla since it's on Patreon. Unless there's an incest patch on F95. But even then, it will be 1st release, I've been following DmD since the beginning, it's only natural to be more attached to it.

To sum up this boring post, I don't really care as long as next DmD release doesn't suffer from the delay.
The Patreon version will be sans incest. The SubscribeStar version will let you toggle the incest path on and off. The way we’ve structured it, the two versions track extremely closely so we don’t spend a lot of time on two wildly divergent storylines.

In some ways, there is a possibility of more “conflict between lady friends” in SL than in DMD (primarily because in DMD, all roads lead to D). Because of this, their are some elements in SL that will have more spice than in DMD.

Personally, I am super attached to DMD, and Melody while better than DMD in many ways ... I agree it was more vanilla than DMD. SL will have a very different set of conflicts as the MC takes more of a central focus and a desperate set of women rotate around him.

pim0

daydreamer
Donor
Sep 20, 2018
Hyperserver on discord:

Sunshine Love – Development News
Good morning/evening everyone. I’m afraid I have some bad news about the development of our upcoming new game. Regrettably, things haven’t quite gone to plan this week and we are going to require a few more days, before we can release Sunshine Love to you all. The new release date will now be Saturday, April 4th. :( If we can release it earlier than that, then we will let you all know. There are still a number of things that we need to test, fix and to make sure they all work properly before uploading the game. Unfortunately these jobs take a lot of time, and we have estimated that we will not be able to finish them all before the original release date that we had set. So allowing ourselves just a few more days to finish them should be enough to get everything done in time for next Saturday. We are really gutted that we couldn’t release it on Tuesday as promised, especially considering we very rarely miss a deadline that we pre-set. If we were to release it on Tuesday, then we’d be delivering you an update that we know could be even better, and that’s not what we want for an opening release. So, for that reason, we are delaying it for just a few more days.
screenshot0003.png
Our sincerest apologies for this, as we know a lot of you had been setting your own countdowns and keeping time aside to play it on Tuesday. However, to somewhat make up for the delay, on Tuesday we will post up some more previews from the game and the rewards gallery, featuring another one of our characters. This delay shouldn’t cause any hold-ups with the next release of our other game, which will still be released at the end of April (touch wood). The writing for the next part of the game has already begun and the whole update has been mapped out, so we can start working on it as soon as Sunshine Love is released next weekend. We appreciate your understanding during this time, and really hope that you are all safe, and looking after yourselves. I’ll check back with you on Tuesday.
Have a great weekend,
Mrdots

Riswan

Jul 29, 2018
Can the first post be updated with all the information that was revealed and ofcourse characters preview pictures.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Last edited:

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
Did I miss something?
We are talking for 4 more days,not full week,right?
Yeah, you missed the comment 4 posts up that said the new release date is Saturday, April 4th. Unless they can release earlier

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Yeah, you missed the comment 4 posts up that said the new release date is Saturday, April 4th. Unless they can release earlier
I was talking about the delay be only 4 days not a whole week.
So I was asking if there is another change.Obvioulsy there is not.Just some excited players didn't count right.

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
I was talking about the delay be only 4 days not a whole week.
So I was asking if there is another change.Obvioulsy there is not.Just some excited players didn't count right.
Ahh, in my case, I just meant 1 week in general from today, with the remaining days from the original date and the added delay
Sorry for the confusion

Reactions: armion82
Status
Not open for further replies.