4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

Kenshi2k

Aug 13, 2019
How far does the current version go? To what area?
well the end of paradox part 2 ends when u reach the Ilias of the Paradox world you are in. I can't really say more without sinning the sin of spoiling. there may be a little bit more to it than that, but as I said I would be dropping major spoilers if I did.

Kratmann

Aug 3, 2020
well the end of paradox part 2 ends when u reach the Ilias of the Paradox world you are in. I can't really say more without sinning the sin of spoiling. there may be a little bit more to it than that, but as I said I would be dropping major spoilers if I did.
I meant for the remake.

Kenshi2k

Aug 13, 2019
Thread Updated: 2021-08-02
Release Date: 2021-08-02
----------------------------------
And my personal feelings are there has been plenty of time for Unknown Dev to get to Salamander. So I got a bit pissy a while back. still kinda am angry about this hybernation period. but its free so I keep telling myself "don't scream profanity" :p

Nov 13, 2017
oh yeah they do, infact he released a part 3 demo and said he was sorry recently and I was right, he said he needs another year for testing.
Pretty sure he did not say he would need another year. He said it wouldn't be out this year, but considering it was late November when he said that, that much was pretty obvious. They've been in pure bugfixing mode for a while now. It might be another year before release, but he didn't say that. We will see.

He also said that it will be larger than part 1 & 2 combined, with both routes being completely different.

Kenshi2k

Aug 13, 2019
Pretty sure he did not say he would need another year. He said it wouldn't be out this year, but considering it was late November when he said that, that much was pretty obvious. They've been in pure bugfixing mode for a while now. It might be another year before release, but he didn't say that. We will see.

He also said that it will be larger than part 1 & 2 combined, with both routes being completely different.
if you have followed Toro since the orginal VN, you'll know when he says he needs a little more time that means not just "alot" more time, but 10x "alot" more time. If it is going to be out next year, it will be December of 2024, and it will take 6 months ot a year for them to translate it considering how much issues they are having with just a demo of part 3.

So he may not have exactly said another year, but that is what he means, If we are lucky.

Noctis_

May 12, 2020
Hi, really love the game and appreciate the work you've done for us starving MGQ fans. I really love the additions and changes of the monster girls and story, and am very much looking forward to more. I was hoping for a status update, are you still busy with real life stuff or working on the game lately? Totally fine if you're busy, just curious is all and want to try and get a read on things. Hope all is going well!

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
Hi, really love the game and appreciate the work you've done for us starving MGQ fans. I really love the additions and changes of the monster girls and story, and am very much looking forward to more. I was hoping for a status update, are you still busy with real life stuff or working on the game lately? Totally fine if you're busy, just curious is all and want to try and get a read on things. Hope all is going well!
Yes, I'm still busy. I did work a little more in the game, making a few maps (Colosseum and Yamatai) I'm in the middle of Orochi's temple (Yes, now she has temple) and I made her more important to justify nobody be willing to go against her, in the original Tamamo helps only after Luka is losing, but never had any reason to not simply go there and smash the annoyance despite the target. Now Tamamo may help you, but I gave her a clear reason not too, so using her help is possible, but will come at a cost.

I should have a little time now that my last project is finished. Maybe I can work a little more. Also, I hired an artist to do something for the game (benefits of being busy), I won't spoil until it's ready, but I'll say, it's something we all needed really, really much.

Noctis_

May 12, 2020
Yes, I'm still busy. I did work a little more in the game, making a few maps (Colosseum and Yamatai) I'm in the middle of Orochi's temple (Yes, now she has temple) and I made her more important to justify nobody be willing to go against her, in the original Tamamo helps only after Luka is losing, but never had any reason to not simply go there and smash the annoyance despite the target. Now Tamamo may help you, but I gave her a clear reason not too, so using her help is possible, but will come at a cost.

I should have a little time now that my last project is finished. Maybe I can work a little more. Also, I hired an artist to do something for the game (benefits of being busy), I won't spoil until it's ready, but I'll say, it's something we all needed really, really much.
Copy copy, really appreciate the response and continued work. I think it's safe to say we're all excited to see what you're cooking up and are eager to continue the story!(and lewds, of course)

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020

Once again thank you for your work. I am so glad to see you continuing on this great project.

Reactions: Noctis_

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
Hi, guys. I don't have news today, but I'd like to comment my first impressions of a game I began playing, one that you are probably familiar with, Hyper Dimension Girl Quest. For those who don't, it seems to be fan game from the MGQ universe, following the events from the VN.

We took some fairly different approaches really, but I will say it right off the bat, this guy is a lot better than me in making maps. A lot better than a lot of devs whose games I know. I'm ashamed, really. He even made Harpy Village into a village made over a single/few giant trees, which is ridiculous, the thing would need to be a World Tree for that, but unique, I'll give him that.

I can't tell much about the story since I'm just beginning, though I'd not show Black Alice at the beginning like he did, I think she could just be mentioned, the mystery would be better. It seems we are both taking a similar approach as to her actions, she seems to be going around recruiting people and Luka is following her trails, I'm doing the same, except that Luka isn't following her trails, someone else is. I do prefer stories that don't center everything over the main character, it makes the world feel alive, so I included this plot to be happening in the background, and you just find bits of it here and there.

Overall, I have to say it's normal. And that's not a bad thing, very few beginnings can be great like Fullmetal Alchemist, and recently I've seen a lot of crappy beginnings (those YouTube videos with manga recaps, so much crap, and just a few gems among them). I also recently began to play Star Knightess Aura, great concept, but such a crappy beginning. I know why the dev did it, but shoving what should be 4-5 hours campaign into 1 hour of introduction was crappy and it lacked all the impact. I know it would be asking too much to ask the player to stick around 4-5 hours to only then begin the game (I'm looking at you Kingdom Hearts 2, which did exactly that), but I'd just show the final battle, so the player would know the results, as they are important, and then I would hide things and reveal them into well spaced playable flashbacks, so the things have impact when they happen. But I digress. My point is normal is good, and even all mighty Trails series has normal beginnings (and they are still the best RPGs ever made)

As for gameplay, that's where we diverge the most. He seems to take the approach of the VN, with single battles into a full linear story, while I went for a more traditional JRPG. He did include a lot of gameplay, and even a party, though I believe that doing just that is wasting the resources of RPG Maker. Remember that it doesn't have lots of the features a VN does, so you have to make the most of what it provides to make up for it. Though I must say that after playing it, I'm really thinking in unlocking the scenes of the all monster after you defeat them. It's really bad to ask the players to lose to each monster.

Overall, I like it. And I recommend it. And even better, it has a lot of assets I could use to fill a few gaps in the monster girls I still had (specially at the angels department).

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
Hey there! I appreciate the kind words about my game, and i have no problems with you using some of my assets, I do however ask that you let me know which ones you'd like to use, as some of them have been commissioned by me for the game specifically, I like to think I'm reasonable, so just give me a heads up
No problem, If I'd use any of them, it's going to be the angels, from my design that's the only part I'm still somewhat lacking. And just to point out, if I decided to use them I was intending to ask, as I did with NG+ assets (mostly the naked portraits), I went to their Discord forum and asked permission (people there even told me I should not bother and just use the assets anyway, but I do think it's common decency). I didn't yet, as I'm still very far from the angels, and I'm still playing your game. On that note, if you wish to use these new portraits of Luka to update your game later, be my guest. I just ask you to wait until I launch the next version, which includes them, before it.

Just one question about your game, I saw Sacred Guard playing the game, and he met Cecil before Mages, I didn't try to cross the bridge (where the cutscene happens) before going to Harpy Village, now that I have Mages the cutscene doesn't happen. Is it a bug, or I just forfeited my chance to recruit her?

Last edited:

Datheroluka!

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2019
Just one question about your game, I saw Sacred Guard playing the game, and he met Cecil before Mages, I didn't try to cross the bridge (where the cutscene happens) before going to Harpy Village, now that I have Mages the cutscene doesn't happen. Is it a bug, or I just forfeited my chance to recruit her?
You have forfeited your chance to get her, the game is full of branching paths

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes