Krysis_here

Apr 19, 2023
I'm pretty obsessed with this game. Emily is the best girl.
I like Emily as well, She is a Beautiful Lady Off-course (I mean Hot Ghost) :BootyTime:, She is Very Pleasing Isn't it? :love: MC needs to make Sure While Fucking her One Wrong button Press She will be Transparent :LOL:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I will just say, installed both renpy and renpy-sdk, latest versions. It was a real pain and I will not bother to go into details. As there are no binary executable, script launchers or cli command for the renpy-sdk I found on my system post-install, I have to assume background libs are just avail to the base renpy authoring application/gui.

OK, So extracting the published Monster College, I attempt in 'renpy' to add project. No. Not showing, which tells me ny common sense without taking a 1-2 hour course (and despite having actually used it to publish my own draft works, export for win/mac/lin etc) on Renpy and every file that is generated or supposed to exist in order for project to be available for editing that either the latest renpy 8.2.1-1 and renpy-sdk 8.0.1-1 have major problems , or much more likely by assumption that there are AGAIN core files needed to even import the Monster College for this published release into the sdk/renpy in order to re-export?

So if I cannot open the published update release as a project, then of course I cannot simply re-export.

SonsOfLiberty, if you are expert than maybe you can take a look and investigate if you follow this VN. And if I am missing something, then please provide exact instruction according based on the data I typed above. I will be happy for the benefit of others to "share" helpful information.

But right now 1+ hour of time wasted. Not easy, nor intuitive by my standards. I would assume that one only has to, with all required files in a published project present, just open it as a project and choose "Build" option to export and rebuild with all Win/Linux libs, files - ok sounds simple - not reality in this particular case apparently.

I have used a lot of SDK, usually they come either commandline or gui to be able to actually develop, do tasks, not just libs/other set. And due to the base 'renpy' also not actually adding Monster college folder (at proper level of course, parent with files) to available projects list, even after setting 'project location' then I naturally can only assume like the missing libs and linux files (removed) that the required files for editing have also been removed by whomever uploaded this update.

Feel free to investigate help and share. It might benefit the whole forum regarding Renpy and allow people to "share."
I've already did it, that's how I made my compressed versions of the game.

Monster College [v0.8.0.1] [Monster Eye Games]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- PIXELDRAIN - - WORKUPLOAD

Mac:
- PIXELDRAIN - - WORKUPLOAD

First you need to figure out the "correct SDK" it is built with.

Extract Monster College, go the folder named "game" find the file called script version, open it to find the version it was made with. For MC it was made with v8.0.2. So, now go to and find/download 802 SDK.

After that, extract the SDK, next drag the entire MonsterCollege-0.8.0.1p-win folder into the SDK folder. Launch renpy, choose your language and you will be presented with this screen:

1.JPG

Next click on MonsterCollege-0.8.0.1p-win after it's highlighted click build distrubtions

2.JPG

Now

3.JPG

Select whatever distrubtion you want, just uncheck PC if you only want Mac, and if you just want PC uncheck Mac, then click build and wait.

You can also play the game directly from the SDK too. by selecting "Launch Project on at the second screen".

muffinman69

Sep 29, 2021
@SonsOfLiberty - thanks for the detail, i am sure it will help others. You may be interested in the below info and exactly 'why' I could not open a project in the first place - bug/broken function handling linux filesystems on the renpy sdk software!

Notes for linux user/developers (aka people using the renpy authoring tool/sdk):

To find the correct sdk version, the info is placed in the 'About' page after game is launched, so if you can open, then I suppose someone can ask someone here.

The preferences > (set) 'Project Directory' while even retaining a set path to project will run into basic path/permissions issues. I even tested again now after-the-fact of verfiying this by attempting from the now local, portable zip 'install' of the sdk to simple set project directory to another local user permissive location and still no project would display. Very poor and obviously the source of confusion or a big problem many linux will run into (solely the failure and fault of renpy software developers who obviously don't use or thoroughly test their software on linux for actual sdk use). 99% of other software for example whether graphic, video editors, toos, other sdk, file managers of course can and usually are installed into system at root level and you may note of course you there are no path/permissions issues. Renpy another story, busted in this context.

So in other words, to keep it simple and "working," it is advised for many reasons I won't get into, to simply download the sdk direct from renpy site, in its purely portable form via zip and then copy/move project directly inside it - then no problems. PS. the authoring tool 'renpy' and 'renpy-sdk' packages on repos or out there are one in the same actually. These builds are not renpy software developers fault or responsibility but I would just avoid installing them again for a variety of reasons.

The whole question, issue, process was indeed very simple IF Renpy SDK worked as stated with ability to simple 'import/access a project via preferences > 'Project Directory' which it will not in many typical cases. Setting the 'project directory' to other partition/drives for example will not work; have the software installed at the secured root level and then trying to set the project/vn will likely fail due to permissions and frankly bad coding aka 'bug' (i would call it when something is designed and labelled for a function that does not work 90% of cases on linux).

What is funny is that I personally very much am a fan of how Renpy bundles their software! With all libs, exe and sh, but the failure to test this crucial import/access function, and as actually stated with zero error checking is one of the worst failures on a GUI application, I've seen in a while. What is worse is too see a v8+ and no one else has caught this issue.

Hopefully this information and discovery will help others

So..
#1 download a portable sdk zip copy on linux direct from Renpy.
[As stated you will probably need the matching sdk version. You can locate this info, on "About" screen after launching the renpy game. If you can't open it (obviously) well I suppose you can ask on forum, which version]

Put this anywhere you want, in local, non-root user permissive directory or location.

#2 Copy/move the renpy game into the parent sdk folder, extracted from the zip of course. Now the game will definitely be listed. You can then select/highlight with mouse.

#3 You can then either launch/test or chose the Build option to export it.

Do not rely or bother to set preferences > 'Project Directory.' Bad issues and it won't work in many instances as of version 8.2.1 UPDATE: yes the preferences > "Project directory" did not even matter. I tested setting to zero setting as well as a different folder than actual project and it in every case just exported to the parent sdk folder. So at least on linux, the preference is useless and will confuse/misguide. You have to 'import' a project by placing it directly in folder to access/open/build.

Last edited:

Aqua888

Jan 10, 2023
Guys,the game finished after the rituals & says end if chapter 7, but here in the changelog chapter 8 -1600 images ?
Anyone played chapter 8 or my saves are corrupted?

Scotsman1989

Nov 10, 2018
I have only one question right now.....

Can we eventually build a sexy monster girl harem, or is this gem of a game, pick your favourite monster girl and commit to her?

I'm not really interested in breaking any hearts, if at all possible.

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
A poll for you! :)

Dear supporters, among the non-student characters, your fav is...

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
A poll for you! :)

Dear supporters, among the non-student characters, your fav is...
umm..is that a trick question?
there is only one answer - all non-student characters.
unlike student characters ofc.

The itchio page got a Monster College 0.8.0.1 mac version. So here is hoping the mac version finally updates :D
and the same goes for this "hope"...
why would any decent mac user need any of those:
https://f95zone.to/threads/monster-college-v0-8-0-1-monster-eye-games.163962/post-13461609
https://f95zone.to/threads/monster-college-v0-8-0-1-monster-eye-games.163962/post-13058749

loikl

Feb 14, 2018
I don't think it has anything to do with it being lesbian, but if that puts your mind at ease, then yes
"The red-skinned vixen would give you a lesbian three-some and forces you to watch, whether you like it or not. "

Well, if there are 3 girls having sex, generally that's lesbian content... the reason doesn't matter XD.

My point is that the tag is too much, let's take into account that for this to happen the MC must refuse to have sex and must pressure the girls so that they do have it... in other words the MC wants it to happen and no one will "steal" nothing.

Reactions: shark911

HHTG

Jul 17, 2017
"The red-skinned vixen would give you a lesbian three-some and forces you to watch, whether you like it or not. "

Well, if there are 3 girls having sex, generally that's lesbian content... the reason doesn't matter XD.

My point is that the tag is too much, let's take into account that for this to happen the MC must refuse to have sex and must pressure the girls so that they do have it... in other words the MC wants it to happen and no one will "steal" nothing.
The MC is made kneel down while the demon has sex with the LI, you take what you want from that.

4.60 star(s) 64 Votes