• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
3.50 star(s) 56 Votes

Voruy

Nov 19, 2023
One of the best VN ever, but one of the worst Dev ever also, never seen a slow guy like that. Just say " ok guys its gonna be a loooooong ass wait before each updates " instead of making wait like this.

MrPerson28475

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
From Lemonkey's Patreon.
top.jpg

Happy new year (and progress update)
Happy new year folks. hope you're enjoying yourself to the fullest :)
What a year. If I'm allowed to reflect upon it for awhile, there are several things on my mind as we send 2023 off.
This is a year of picking up pieces, gathering the disparate parts and moving on. New environment, new job. While that served to keep my mind busy for a bit, and the anniversary of her passing went by without comment, it's still there. But it's better this year though, bit more distant.
We also had a scare earlier in the year when my google drive was wiped for some reason. Turns out I wasn't the only one. (what's up with google lately?) We managed to get it back eventually though, so I didn't mention it. Luckily I have multiple backups of everything.

2.jpg

Working on Mirror mine has always been bit of a comfort zone for me, something I pop back into when I need a moment to lose myself in another world. It's always there, waiting for the next stroke of the brush. (no pun I swear.)

Still, I went from working on it every night, to only working on it on weekends, than eventually only on Sat/Sun nights. No special reason, just that I'm now lead artist at the new studio. Just more work demands and well, the industry doesn't treat artists all that kindly. I see so many projects shutting down because their creators get burnt out - I trade that for speed I suppose, since it's essentially working 2 jobs. Not gonna let that happen here.
3.jpg

And thanks for all the kind comments on the renders, it's always hard for myself to look at something and go - oh, I've improved. We're are our own worst critics. only seeing the mistakes and places we could have done better.

Realism in the lighting has always been a goal, and less is more when it comes to setting the mood. I'm glad people are finding it appealing. Wish I have time to go back and redo the first half of the game. Some of those old renders could really do with some touch ups. The scene files might be a bit broken though.

Lastly, what's next for the coming year? Keep trucking on of course, slow and steady wins the race after all. The fact that you folks are being so patient with me, really sets my mind at ease every time I sit down for yet another night of renders/writing. (I get a small panic every time I load up my script and see how much I've got left to do!) So, thank you. From the bottom of my heart.

That's the update for now, I hope it was informative! I'm in a good mind space (thanks for the dms), we're not stopping, and there's still work done every week!

Happy new years all,

Here's to 2024.

Lemonkey

LovesReD

Jul 11, 2022
From Lemonkey's Patreon.
View attachment 3227744

Happy new year (and progress update)
Happy new year folks. hope you're enjoying yourself to the fullest :)
What a year. If I'm allowed to reflect upon it for awhile, there are several things on my mind as we send 2023 off.
This is a year of picking up pieces, gathering the disparate parts and moving on. New environment, new job. While that served to keep my mind busy for a bit, and the anniversary of her passing went by without comment, it's still there. But it's better this year though, bit more distant.
We also had a scare earlier in the year when my google drive was wiped for some reason. Turns out I wasn't the only one. (what's up with google lately?) We managed to get it back eventually though, so I didn't mention it. Luckily I have multiple backups of everything.

View attachment 3227745

Working on Mirror mine has always been bit of a comfort zone for me, something I pop back into when I need a moment to lose myself in another world. It's always there, waiting for the next stroke of the brush. (no pun I swear.)

Still, I went from working on it every night, to only working on it on weekends, than eventually only on Sat/Sun nights. No special reason, just that I'm now lead artist at the new studio. Just more work demands and well, the industry doesn't treat artists all that kindly. I see so many projects shutting down because their creators get burnt out - I trade that for speed I suppose, since it's essentially working 2 jobs. Not gonna let that happen here.
View attachment 3227746

And thanks for all the kind comments on the renders, it's always hard for myself to look at something and go - oh, I've improved. We're are our own worst critics. only seeing the mistakes and places we could have done better.

Realism in the lighting has always been a goal, and less is more when it comes to setting the mood. I'm glad people are finding it appealing. Wish I have time to go back and redo the first half of the game. Some of those old renders could really do with some touch ups. The scene files might be a bit broken though.

Lastly, what's next for the coming year? Keep trucking on of course, slow and steady wins the race after all. The fact that you folks are being so patient with me, really sets my mind at ease every time I sit down for yet another night of renders/writing. (I get a small panic every time I load up my script and see how much I've got left to do!) So, thank you. From the bottom of my heart.

That's the update for now, I hope it was informative! I'm in a good mind space (thanks for the dms), we're not stopping, and there's still work done every week!

Happy new years all,

Here's to 2024.

Lemonkey
Hello, you said "that's all there is to update for now", but from here we understand that the update was not abandoned just because it progressed slowly, but that development continued. We know it is a difficult job, thank you. So can you give a release date? There are very few slow-paced stories like this, which is why it is among my most popular games.

3.50 star(s) 56 Votes