Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
I've seen a new character in the preview pic's ... how much character's are there then, 14-15? XD And no storyline or "sidequest" has an end now? I think if he finish this awesome game ... it takes maybe 5 years or more....
I'd be skepctical about that 5 years. He never worked on a project for that long before. Right now the list of girls were just recently posted but obviously the ones that matter are those who have hearts (so the ones with storyline) and that number is 4 of those but this number will increase like it always does in his games. I don't think that all the girls that have an image will have a plot.
Yes, none of the lines are finished, just started. I wonder if that 5 stars will be the actual maximum.

jugde

Oct 28, 2017
I'd be skepctical about that 5 years. He never worked on a project for that long before. Right now the list of girls were just recently posted but obviously the ones that matter are those who have hearts (so the ones with storyline) and that number is 4 of those but this number will increase like it always does in his games. I don't think that all the girls that have an image will have a plot.
Yes, none of the lines are finished, just started. I wonder if that 5 start will be the actual maximum.
Ok, i dont have so much info's like you. i just hope this game develops good, because its the best VN with beautiful animations i've ever seen.

Reactions: tecmoxninja
Aug 28, 2017
I just hope story and characters will be more deep and less wide. I prefer 7-8 good different girls with own style and alot of interactions than 20 flat clones with several scenes, which will be abandoned faster than lightning.
On a serios note, i hope that Icstor will choose the less-content-more-frequent updates route. I mean it will be at least 2.5 months after first release and the pledgers are charged monthly. Even if we get a humongous update (as we all expect i dare assuming) in the long run i feel like this nearly-3-months waiting will take its toll. I do realize he is re-learning how long it takes to update and how much content he can make within a certain timelimit but my point of view is that he would do better with 2 months at max if he stays with the per-monthly charge. If i would be a $100 pledger i'd be urging him to stay below 2 months or change to per-major-update.
I agree with both. I hope he finds a good balance.

Reactions: jugde

Noodles

Jul 24, 2017
I'll take quality over frequency of updates for this game. If it takes 3 months between updates, and each update provides several hours of playtime, then I'm with it. I don't mind waiting for a good game to update.

Reactions: Neuvell

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
and each update provides several hours of playtime
..which they will not. 0.1 offers like 20-30 minutes if you read everything and new at it. Update can't possibly offer much more than that. He had much more time to deliver 0.1 than he had for the making of 0.2.
I don't mind waiting for a good game to update.
If you would be spending 100$ per month perhaps you would :)
What i'm saying is that its his best interest to stick with 2 months at maximum. Otherwise if the updates will consistently pass 3 billing deadline, people might have the idea of "Hey, if it takes 3 months, why shouldn't i cancel and just pledge every 3 months". As a Dev he should be striving to avoid that by offering something for the monthly contribution. Offering something only for 3 months worth of pledges is not the brightest idea. This is business in the end. Those on the higher tiers simply would reconsider their contribution and would probably move to a lower one if they don't get something for their money. Projects with low rate of updates do work out but with lowtier patrons. If he wants to keep the hightier ones its not enough to simply do a splendid job, you have to do it on time as well. The most successful projects work with almost clockwork precision when it comes to release dates. He set a very high goal for himself so i'd expect him to be tryting hard to achieve that and that includes reasonable release dates that he keeps.
This is still a very new project, its all fine that he is getting the idea what he is able to do in a set amount of time with his new toys and with teamwork but has to set deadline for himself as well. Pledgers are billed with pinpoint accuracy you see.

Aug 28, 2017
Higher frequency of updates doesn't mean less quality. Just look at The Adventures of Willy D.
Even ICSTOR himself with the previous games.

A good balance would be great.

Reactions: Ennoch

jugde

Oct 28, 2017
..which they will not. 0.1 offers like 20-30 minutes if you read everything and new at it. Update can't possibly offer much more than that. He had much more time to deliver 0.1 than he had for the making of 0.2.
wtf....20-30min if you new at it and read all?! XD played it yesterday for the first time and skipped many of the text and needed 2-3 hours ... am i getting old or whats wrong with me? XD

Reactions: Jarul

rototo

Jun 14, 2017
wtf....20-30min if you new at it and read all?! XD played it yesterday for the first time and skipped many of the text and needed 2-3 hours ... am i getting old or whats wrong with me? XD
dont worry you are not alone my friend
i m starting to think that the update will be in may finally snif

tecmoxninja

Jul 15, 2017
hi. do you know how many animations had in version 0.1? thank you
Good question.
I do not find the post where he said how many animations contained the version 0.1.
I should replay it, and it should be over 25 animations.

3.70 star(s) 408 Votes