Happonari

Nov 2, 2019
Yes, that's my point, nobody knows so there's no point in asking. Maybe Nef has decided to give up on MLC, maybe he's having writer's block and is too ashamed to say anything after promising v0.35 was nearly ready or maybe he's having more health issues (a heart problem saw hospitalised a couple of years ago meaning he was radio silent for several months and almost earned the abandoned prefix then

The point, again, is that he hasn't said anything so we nobody knows and all this conversation is doing is creating alerts that give others false hope hence I'm unwatching the thread for a while (I also left his discord for that reason)
The fact that you fail to understand that this post is the written example for definition of Abandonment. That utterly blows my mind.

What the poster states is true. The owner disappeared for 3 months. No responses, no reach out, no acknowledgement. Leave your daughter at school for 3 months and see if the point, again, is that you havent said anything so the school doesnt know and all this conversation is doing is creating alerts that give false hopes. (Obiously, that is written poorly. I simply reworded your own post to fit the scenario)

Sir or madam, that is abandonment.

Now, onto real post. It's a true shame that such an active and beloved game goes dark, whether true abandonment or break doesn't matter. This was one of the good harem games.

HornyyPussy

Devoted Member
Apr 26, 2020
The fact that you fail to understand that this post is the written example for definition of Abandonment. That utterly blows my mind.

What the poster states is true. The owner disappeared for 3 months. No responses, no reach out, no acknowledgement. Leave your daughter at school for 3 months and see if the point, again, is that you havent said anything so the school doesnt know and all this conversation is doing is creating alerts that give false hopes. (Obiously, that is written poorly. I simply reworded your own post to fit the scenario)

Sir or madam, that is abandonment.

Now, onto real post. It's a true shame that such an active and beloved game goes dark, whether true abandonment or break doesn't matter. This was one of the good harem games.
No, it isn't. You have to take Nef's history in to account and then it's a whole different story.

Joshy92

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 25, 2021
Let's hope this comes back its one of the few harem games I actually enjoy and my goodness I want to see Christine and Amanda have some hot lesbian action.

It's a shame the game isn't on steam I would have liked to add it to my collection.

Immunity

Jul 8, 2017
Seems like the only developer in the entirety of the AVN space that has his shit together is Moonbox - consistent quality and timing of updates, no excuses, no being born again and quitting, no starting over or incompatible saves - just a steady stream of content with no bullshit. Everybody else just seems to half-ass it in comparison. Ah well.

HornyyPussy

Devoted Member
Apr 26, 2020
Seems like the only developer in the entirety of the AVN space that has his shit together is Moonbox - consistent quality and timing of updates, no excuses, no being born again and quitting, no starting over or incompatible saves - just a steady stream of content with no bullshit. Everybody else just seems to half-ass it in comparison. Ah well.
While I love MB and his VN, that statement is just idiotic.

tbarton1455

Mar 19, 2021
Yeah, but his updates are also rather short. Just lots of repeat/same renders over and over, just dialogue changes. Plus he doesn't really try too hard with the positions of the models for the characters. He just puts them together that seems funny/interesting, but just makes me shake my head. He's not trying for any type of serious content. Which is fine, it's his game and the direction for his game. But doesn't take as much time to work out a proper story/plot.

Reactions: Temujin1312

Immunity

Jul 8, 2017
Do you train to sound sooo spoiled and entitled or is it a natural talent?
I just call it like I see it. If you filter via the abandoned tag on here, you get 144 pages at 30 games per page. That's roughly 4,320 titles left to rot - the majority of which SOMEONE took money for and had no intention of, or a plan, to properly finish.

Maybe this game will see the light of day again, maybe not. But what I do know for a certainty is that I'm sick of people half-assing their projects and abandoning them left and right - and that won't change so long as sycophants keep praising them at every turn and throwing money their way.

It takes 10 seconds to be a decent person, pop on, and post SOME sort of update. It's not hard. It's the bare minimum amount of respect you can show people that are literally giving you free money every month. When devs fail at something so simple, they don't deserve respect. In any other facet of life, shit like that gets you blacklisted. In the AVN space, people just turn a blind eye - hence why it's in the state it's in.

I am genuinely curious as to what his excuse will be should he ever pop back up though.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I just call it like I see it. If you filter via the abandoned tag on here, you get 144 pages at 30 games per page. That's roughly 4,320 titles left to rot - the majority of which SOMEONE took money for and had no intention of, or a plan, to properly finish.

Maybe this game will see the light of day again, maybe not. But what I do know for a certainty is that I'm sick of people half-assing their projects and abandoning them left and right - and that won't change so long as sycophants keep praising them at every turn and throwing money their way.

It takes 10 seconds to be a decent person, pop on, and post SOME sort of update. It's not hard. It's the bare minimum amount of respect you can show people that are literally giving you free money every month. When devs fail at something so simple, they don't deserve respect. In any other facet of life, shit like that gets you blacklisted. In the AVN space, people just turn a blind eye - hence why it's in the state it's in.

I am genuinely curious as to what his excuse will be should he ever pop back up though.
Dude, you are literally on a pirate forum, downloading games for free that other people develop using money from supporters that did support.

That means you are also taken those supporters money and the developer time for granted and free.

You are "sicked of half assing their projects".. what was your contribution? Download it here without consent and complain.

What a hero!!

Before you start throwing comments about others' behaviour, look yourself in the mirror.

And, if you have so much problem with abandoned tags, go and BUY finished games.

Last edited:

HornyyPussy

Devoted Member
Apr 26, 2020

Now that is some entitled crap if I ever heard any!

You do realize that the last time Nef disappeared for this long he nearly died and was in the hospital right? Or doesn't that qualify for your advanced and superior judgement?

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Before you start throwing comments about others' behaviour, look yourself in the mirror.
But then the pseudo-arguments will go down the sink.
And, if you have so much problem with abandoned tags, go and BUY finished games.
You use LOGIC?! Here?! Have you learned nothing in your 5 years?
Now that is some entitled crap if I ever heard any!
Can't argument with that. This statement may or may not come near my own opinion.
You do realize that the last time Nef disappeared for this long he nearly died and was in the hospital right? Or doesn't that qualify for your advanced and superior judgement?
As from such comments, I usually assume that a dev must develop the exact game you want, who care about a dev vision or his financial supporters, with of 10h updates, again only count what you define as update, at least each month and never have break, holiday or even worse RL being a bitch to the dev.

But you argument with one that compare the story of Grandma's House with the one of Midlife Crisis. Would be the same as comparing Mostly Harmless (fifth instalment of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) with David Beckham biography.:whistle:

Last edited:

HornyyPussy

Devoted Member
Apr 26, 2020
But then the pseudo-arguments will go down the sink.

You use LOGIC?! Here?! Have you learned nothing in your 5 years?

Can't argument with that. This statement may or may not come near my own opinion.

As from such comments, I usually assume that a dev must develop the exact game you want, who care about a dev vision or his financial supporters, with of 10h updates, again only count what you define as update, at least each month and never have break, holiday or even worse RL being a bitch to the dev.

But you argument with one that compare the story of Grandma's House with the one of Midlife Crisis. Same as comparing Mostly Harmless (fifth instalment of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) with David Beckham biography.:whistle:
You know I love both GH and MC ;)

And Beckham was a great player and Douglas Adams wrote some of the funniest books in history :)

I'm easy to please I guess ;)

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
You know I love both GH and MC ;)
I do. As you know that I've played and still play both.
And Beckham was a great player and Douglas Adams wrote some of the funniest books in history :)
From what I know about Beckham, yes. Still, I wouldn't compare (although I haven't read) his book with one from Douglas Adams.
I'm easy to please I guess ;)
I don't see what is wrong here. Same, as I don't see if one don't like a game. Yet, I never understand, the ones that come into the all you can eat for free candy shop, that the zone is and then complain to about some candies that they don't like or that the shop don't have the candys they want.
If you're a paying customer that may be different story, but even then, if you go into a candy shop and complain that the don't have vegetables it only shows your lack of understanding.

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
From what I know about Beckham, yes. Still, I wouldn't compare (although I haven't read) his book with one from Douglas Adams.
Did you just even CONSIDER comparing an athlete's autobiography (no matter how good a player) to one of the funniest series of Sci-Fi (or detective) books ever written?

Talk about comparing apples to drill bits ...

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Did you just even CONSIDER comparing an athlete's autobiography (no matter how good a player) to one of the funniest series of Sci-Fi (or detective) books ever written?

Talk about comparing apples to drill bits ...
Not to mention the biography of Beckham is most likely written by ghostwriter. That's how it usually goes with biographies.

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes