4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

Taking A Break In January

Hi guys,

We hope that you are looking forward to the upcoming release of Melody v0.0.7 :)
My team and I also thank you for your patience after we spent all of November working on and releasing our other game.
But today's post is to talk about something else…

I have personally been working on these games for just over two years, pretty much every single day, without a proper break. Before I signed up to Patreon I worked a normal job, and when it came to decide to quit to chase my dream of being a full-time game creator, even then I didn’t take any time off - I started working the very first day that I signed up!
The last time I took more than a week off was nearly three years ago.
Even HearszAM, my chief writer for both games confessed that he hasn’t taken any more than four days off in a row since March of 2016!

So, as you could gather from this post so far, we wanted to let you know that once v0.0.7 of Melody is posted on December 23, my team and I will be taking four weeks off.

The break we're having is to give us a chance to recharge our batteries (so to speak) and to freshen ourselves up for when we begin working on the games again at the end of January next year. Just like with last month's update of DMD, we want to go out on a high with Melody, and we intend to put as much detail and quality into this update as humanly possible!

As I’ve said several times before, we make these games for you guys, those that support us with your comments, feedback and your kind continual donations/pledges. 2018 has been a tough year, but ultimately it has turned out to be a really rewarding one too.

So that’s it for now guys.

We’ll be looking to start working on Melody v.0.08 around mid to late January with the release in late February. I'll be pausing the pledges in January so you don't get charged during that month.

Wishing you all the best, and thanks for your encouragement and understanding.

MrDots.

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018

Taking A Break In January

Hi guys,

We hope that you are looking forward to the upcoming release of Melody v0.0.7 :)
My team and I also thank you for your patience after we spent all of November working on and releasing our other game.
But today's post is to talk about something else…

I have personally been working on these games for just over two years, pretty much every single day, without a proper break. Before I signed up to Patreon I worked a normal job, and when it came to decide to quit to chase my dream of being a full-time game creator, even then I didn’t take any time off - I started working the very first day that I signed up!
The last time I took more than a week off was nearly three years ago.
Even HearszAM, my chief writer for both games confessed that he hasn’t taken any more than four days off in a row since March of 2016!

So, as you could gather from this post so far, we wanted to let you know that once v0.0.7 of Melody is posted on December 23, my team and I will be taking four weeks off.

The break we're having is to give us a chance to recharge our batteries (so to speak) and to freshen ourselves up for when we begin working on the games again at the end of January next year. Just like with last month's update of DMD, we want to go out on a high with Melody, and we intend to put as much detail and quality into this update as humanly possible!

As I’ve said several times before, we make these games for you guys, those that support us with your comments, feedback and your kind continual donations/pledges. 2018 has been a tough year, but ultimately it has turned out to be a really rewarding one too.

So that’s it for now guys.

We’ll be looking to start working on Melody v.0.08 around mid to late January with the release in late February. I'll be pausing the pledges in January so you don't get charged during that month.

Wishing you all the best, and thanks for your encouragement and understanding.

MrDots.
Well to be honest, they more than deserve to take some time off, they've done some incredible job with both games, and their work ethic is admirable, but everyone needs a break and a vacation every now and then, and those guys deserve it, would even be advised :)

I just wonder, if they're going to take be on a break the entire January, how does that affect the release schedules? January is supposed to be the second Melody month in a row after DMD last month. Does it mean that the second Melody update, which should take place on January, will be skipped and when they come back from their vacation and resume work, they'll work on DMD for February release like it should be? :p

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
Does it mean that the second Melody update, which should take place on January, will be skipped and when they come back from their vacation and resume work, they'll work on DMD for February release like it should be? :p
In the post it says February will be a Melody release:

Reactions: Eerie Entity

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
totally deserved break after more than two years in constant development. Hearing directly from him that they want go out on a high note with this update is pretty exciting,i think we can expect something really special
Well they totally went all out with the previous DMD update, it was better than I expected, despite knowing what we were going to get, haha, so I trust this update will be at least as spectacular, MrDots never disappoints as far as I'm concerned :p

Reactions: Les_Riggs and wrx21

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
totally deserved break after more than two years in constant development. Hearing directly from him that they want go out on a high note with this update is pretty exciting,i think we can expect something really special
we gonna bang Melody. you heard it here first.

or at least see her naked and a blowjob swallow. MC deserves at least that.

Reactions: wrx21

Les_Riggs

Oct 19, 2017
and to think people accused MrDots of milking. looking forward to v0.07 of Melody soon!
These kinds of people don’t know their arses from their elbows!

And this isn’t the first time MrDots has paused a pledge either. The other time was just after DMD was taken down from Patreon while he and his team started to create Melody.

Again, as I said back then, how many other successful devs would do this even once, let alone twice in less than a year? None that I’ve seen.

He’s again justified why I financially support both of his games, on top of the several other reasons I have for nearly two years now. And he’s the very last dev that should be accused of milking.

4.50 star(s) 280 Votes