Mod Ren'Py Melody - Lain's Walkthrough + Scene Gallery Mod [v1.00]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Not quite sure where is the scene gallery, i just can see the lewd gallery and it just have pictures, something im missing?
You need the Walkthrough + Scene gallery mod for that, it's is available on Patreon -
If you had the +gallery mod you would see the option to access it in the menu (see spoiler)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mar 5, 2018
There's two mod versions. You only downloaded the walkthrough mod.
I was missing that thanks a lot!
You need the Walkthrough + Scene gallery mod for that, it's is available on Patreon -
If you had the +gallery mod you would see the option to access it in the menu (see spoiler)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks you for the answer (let me enjoy the game then)

Reactions: Hones

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
so the mod isn't for every choice ? or am i doing something wrong
"A full in-game walkthrough for every important choice in the game! If a choice gives points or is required to see a scene it will be highlighted so you don't have to worry about missing points or scenes because of dumb reasons like not having extensive knowledge of jazz music history or because you don't know the difference between a piccolo and a fife. Choices that aren't important and don't have lasting effects aren't highlighted so you still have freedom and can pick your preferred choice."

Harry Joker

Dec 30, 2017
I'll update the mod to 0.8b soon. The 0.8 mod will work fine with the 0.8b game version though.
edit: Actually it looks like there might be a 0.8c patch soon, so I'll wait. The mod will still work with any 0.8 version of the game though.
Mod 0.8 will work, but in version 0.8b MrDot added other variables that are not in Mod 0.8.
These are just the variables that are used to display Melody status so that relevant information is not displayed right:
Code:
$ v_melody_occupation = "Student / Singer"
$ v_melody_relationship = "In a relationship"
$ v_melody_virgin = "Not anymore!"

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Mod 0.8 will work, but in version 0.8b MrDot added other variables that are not in Mod 0.8.
These are just the variables that are used to display Melody status so that relevant information is not displayed right:
Code:
$ v_melody_occupation = "Student / Singer"
$ v_melody_relationship = "In a relationship"
$ v_melody_virgin = "Not anymore!"
A lot of people were saying the 0.8b patch changes didn't work so I was waiting to see if that was true or if there would be a 0.8c patch before I updated the mod. I guess the patch is fine though?

Harry Joker

Dec 30, 2017
A lot of people were saying the 0.8b patch changes didn't work so I was waiting to see if that was true or if there would be a 0.8c patch before I updated the mod. I guess the patch is fine though?
I still didn't play new version.
I only looked at the source code.
I also wait if will be version 0.8c...

Harry Joker

Dec 30, 2017
One more change compared to version 0.8b:
Unfortunately I do not have the original version of 0.8 ...

week_8_00
in MOD 0.08 is on line 6944
Code:
jump lb_w8_week_ending
Unfortunately in MOD is missing from line 7579:
Code:
label lb_w8_week_ending:
     window hide
     call screen scr_endofversion

And the original 0.8b is missing again ...
Code:
jump lb_w8_week_ending

TSzivike

Nov 10, 2018
use apkeditor/select apk from app/melody/full edit(resource re-build)/decode all files/files/assets/x-game/put the mod's file here. then click build.
you should rename the mod's file first x-Melody_MaimLain.rpyc
View attachment 257488
Modded files named only week_x_..... without x at the beginning.
So the "week" files are doubled. Both wersions needed?

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
use apkeditor/select apk from app/melody/full edit(resource re-build)/decode all files/files/assets/x-game/put the mod's file here. then click build.
you should rename the mod's file first x-Melody_MaimLain.rpyc
Just curious but what mods of mine were you able to get working on Android with this method? You said the Ecchi Sensei Chapter 1 mod and this mod?

Ryder282

Mar 10, 2018
Just curious but what mods of mine were you able to get working on Android with this method? You said the Ecchi Sensei Chapter 1 mod and this mod?
yeah echhi sensei 1,melody also harem hotel working on android.
sistery lust dosen't work idk why, maybe can't read the script.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
yeah echhi sensei 1,melody also harem hotel working on android.
sistery lust dosen't work idk why, maybe can't read the script.
That's so weird because I tried a lot of different ways to get my mods to work on android but whenever I would rebuild the apk it wouldn't work.

Do you have to manually rename every mod file with the "x-" by the way? I'll try using the app you use though, thanks for the info.

Ryder282

Mar 10, 2018
That's so weird because I tried a lot of different ways to get my mods to work on android but whenever I would rebuild the apk it wouldn't work.

Do you have to manually rename every mod file with the "x-" by the way? I'll try using the app you use though, thanks for the info.
yup, i rename all the file.
here is the traceback from sisterly lust.

Reactions: Maid Lain
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes