• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Comics Collection Melissa N. Collection [2024-05-12] [Melissa N.]

Thalantyr

Dec 1, 2023
I haven't followed this story that closely, but this chapter seems include a cover story for Nick disappearing - he's the "junkie" who was killed in the accident (he was accused of stealing drugs early on) and will now become the innocent girl who was innocently involved in the crash. All very convenient!
Although now we have dueling cover stories, because the other two girls in the idol group plus the landlady all believe that Nabi-ya is a transwoman formerly known as Nick Moore. The landlady will probably never be seen again after they move to Korea, but are the other two girls going to go along with this new cover story?

Stevedore100

Dec 4, 2023
Although now we have dueling cover stories, because the other two girls in the idol group plus the landlady all believe that Nabi-ya is a transwoman formerly known as Nick Moore. The landlady will probably never be seen again after they move to Korea, but are the other two girls going to go along with this new cover story?
I guess it depends on whether they want to portray Nabi-ya as trans or just an unlucky girl accident victim back in Korea. Neither one is true. And kind of mirrors Aphrodites mirror down to the car accident ruse.

Elaine.

Dec 5, 2023
Some evidence that it might not be Nick:

1) Based on the fact the hair is long enough to be tied into a bun, either a lot of time has passed and the hair has grown out, or this isn't Nick, as Nick has short bangs.

2) The hair is notably pure black. You can compare how the highlights reflect on previous pages: In this image, the highlights reflect to grey-white, as opposed to on Nick where the highlights are always shaded brown.

3) I feel like the bandages seem pretty sparse considering the surgeries I'm assuming Nick would have. Especially if he's to look more Asian, it feels like there would have been more surgery around the cheeks, forehead, and eyes.

4) Nick has three sets of piercings on his left ear. This girl has none.

That said, these have some pretty straightforward explanations. 4 can be explained as just good attention to detail, as piercings would have been removed for surgery, and it's not worth the effort to put divots into the character model just for the sake of having these details. Elena similarly has pierced ears, but the holes weren't shown in the post-surgery models when she's not wearing her piercings.

3 might be that the surgeries themselves aren't done yet. This is reinforced by the fact that he's not had any chest surgery, and I'm presuming further "enhancements" are still to come. Also, it could just be an acceptable break from reality (and again, for the sake of modeling) to get the point across without getting into too much detail.

1 and 2 are more of a meta explanation to me. Clearly, models are made for the characters as they are transformed, and so this is simply the new model's coloration and hairstyle.

But my guess is that it is Nick, and dressing him up in a pink tank top is to help confuse and feminize him. So he wakes up maximally immersed in whatever new role they've got planned.

EDIT: Super looking forward to this new haircut. Straight bangs can work, but I've found them to look particularly unattractive on Nick.
Is a month in a sedated coma enough to grow longer hair? It could be that some surgical lines have healed and bandages are no longer required. the nose bandage could be a splint to hold it in place.

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
Is a month in a sedated coma enough to grow longer hair? It could be that some surgical lines have healed and bandages are no longer required. the nose bandage could be a splint to hold it in place.
Realistically... probably not. I grew my hair out, and to get to the point where it was long enough to tie into a bun like that, it took me about 6 months. But I think it's an acceptable break from reality, as the new model already looks like a huge improvement.

So, just to wrap my head around this story...

The three girls were going to be idols when they were younger, but didn't when the record company went under.

Years later, they attended the same college and by happenstance, were selected for the same exchange program. As a hobby, they started making music and choreography together again.

T-Panda started a record label and is looking for talent. There's a contest to be the debut group. Presumably, this is being hosted in Korea, and the girls are planning on traveling back just for this contest. Or something like that.

BTW, this is the first time we're explicitly told this story started in America, right? Not a big deal, just something I was thinking about that I realized early on, we know it's an English speaking country, but I don't think we got more confirmation than that...

We finally get to this chapter, and apparently the entire contest has been canceled as T-Panda has apparently heard Nick's record and committed this group as being the debut group for his new label.

So I guess the question is, like another story, who all is complicit in this plan? At what point did Minji settle on the idea of feminizing Nick? She seems like she knew her group was missing something. And apparently has enough pull she fast tracked a sample to T-Panda? I'm assuming T-Panda doesn't know about Nick. But without outside help, I'm not sure how Minji has the resources to spirit away Nick to Korea. Like... where's the ID gonna come from? And Sunbae seems like the kind of hardass that would be pretty careful about details. I think he'd notice this young woman not being part of the exchange program or not having a home address in Korea?

Thalantyr

Dec 1, 2023
BTW, this is the first time we're explicitly told this story started in America, right? Not a big deal, just something I was thinking about that I realized early on, we know it's an English speaking country, but I don't think we got more confirmation than that...
I didn't notice at the time, but I believe this is the first indication that it takes place in America:
ch09-392.png

So I guess the question is, like another story, who all is complicit in this plan?
Well, there aren't that many characters yet. But just running down the roster...

At least one and probably both of the other two girls are not complicit. Otherwise Minji would have been able to talk openly with them about her plan to kidnap Nick and subject him to surgery against his will. But instead she feeds them a cover story about him being a transwoman. The 3 girls plus Nick were the only ones in the house, and Nick had his earpieces in so he wouldn't have been able to overhear the conversation anyway.

Roy, Nick's ex-bandmate/drug dealer seems like he could easily be working for Minji. After all, he's responsible for the threat that Minji is using to control Nick. If he's not complicit, then Minji must have just seized on the opportunity, which must mean that the plan was not premeditated from the moment she met Nick.

The landlady's complicity is sort of irrelevant. It's what Minji tells Nick about her (that she'll kick him out if she finds out he's a cis-male) that's important.

The doctor is obviously complicit, and he seems shady enough that perhaps he has connections who could provide falsified documents for "Minah". Or maybe Minji is blackmailing others like him.

Sunbae and Park don't seem to be complicit, yet. Sunbae seems to have too much disdain for both idols and Americans that he'd want nothing to do with Minji's "project", and Park seems the opposite- too compassionate.

And finally, T-Panda. Not much info on him yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if the reason he canceled the contest is because Minji somehow contacted him and told him the truth about Minah, pitching her as a "special" idol that either excites T-Panda for personal reasons or he has some way to market her. If so, then he's probably the source of Minah's falsified documents.

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
I didn't notice at the time, but I believe this is the first indication that it takes place in America:
Good catch.

If he's not complicit, then Minji must have just seized on the opportunity, which must mean that the plan was not premeditated from the moment she met Nick.
It's interesting that Minji has access to a sketchy Doctor. So... does this indicate that she was already thinking she might need a surgeon to kidnap a person for her idol plans? It does suggest she was already thinking ahead to have at least the surgeon do a race change (if she had found a good female singer?).

And finally, T-Panda. Not much info on him yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if the reason he canceled the contest is because Minji somehow contacted him and told him the truth about Minah, pitching her as a "special" idol that either excites T-Panda for personal reasons or he has some way to market her. If so, then he's probably the source of Minah's falsified documents.
It does seem like T-Panda is the only character with the resources to make this kidnapping happen. I could see Minji selling a cover story that Nabi needs the documentation or something and keeps the feminization in the dark, but kinda like Nikos in Mirror, I think it'll get really hard to fathom T-Panda being an "innocent" party the more he contributes to Nick's kidnapping.

LadyBoyJay

Jun 12, 2017
I still feel awful for her, but also pissed that we're probably not going to get the conversation I've been waiting for where Andrew and Marina finally piece together what's been happening together. Marina is too hurt/angry to listen to him anymore, but for good reason, IMO.
Melissa finally made me turn against Marina. She seems like she is age regressing into a bratty spoiled teenager. I'm heartbroken. :cry:

I (in the shoes of Andrew/Elena) wanted to break character and tell Marina, "Listen up WIFE! I'm tired of getting blamed for stuff that isn't my fault and not getting a chance to explain myself. I've sacrificed everything for you and your family. You need to either shut up and listen to me, or I'm leaving right now. I'll go to a US Consulate, get my identification verified via fingerprints or DNA, go back home to America, and let you and your crazy family deal with the shitty mess that Nikos got you all involved with. :ROFLMAO:

LadyBoyJay

Jun 12, 2017
Another thing that annoys me is how Marina seems to treat Nikos like a "perfect father figure" type character who can do no wrong. She has never blamed him for any of this. Everything is Andrew/Elena's fault. That is such a weird dynamic considering that there was not a pre-existing tight knit familial bond between Marina and Nikos. Her inaction towards Nikos makes her come across like "daddy's girl" to him.

Thalantyr

Dec 1, 2023
I (in the shoes of Andrew/Elena) wanted to break character and tell Marina, "Listen up WIFE! I'm tired of getting blamed for stuff that isn't my fault and not getting a chance to explain myself. I've sacrificed everything for you and your family. You need to either shut up and listen to me, or I'm leaving right now. I'll go to a US Consulate, get my identification verified via fingerprints or DNA, go back home to America, and let you and your crazy family deal with the shitty mess that Nikos got you all involved with. :ROFLMAO:
I'm with you except for the "isn't my fault" part. He slept with Nikos because he wanted to. He wasn't pressured or coerced, it wasn't necessary to keep up the disguise, and as far as I can tell, he wasn't drugged either. He got a romantic note from Nikos and his rational mind felt love for him. He put on a sexy dress, went to dinner, said yes to Nikos' marriage proposal, and had sex with him, all of his own volition. He cheated on Marina. That's on him.

Now, the actual "becoming a woman" part, I agree that's not his fault and he did it to protect her family.

Another thing that annoys me is how Marina seems to treat Nikos like a "perfect father figure" type character who can do no wrong. She has never blamed him for any of this. Everything is Andrew/Elena's fault. That is such a weird dynamic considering that there was not a pre-existing tight knit familial bond between Marina and Nikos. Her inaction towards Nikos makes her come across like "daddy's girl" to him.
I also agree she should be angry with Nikos, and perhaps she is but is not showing it at the moment. But as shitty as Nikos' behavior is, Andrew is ultimately the one who betrayed her, so it's appropriate for her to be most angry at him.

LadyBoyJay

Jun 12, 2017
I'm with you except for the "isn't my fault" part. He slept with Nikos because he wanted to. He wasn't pressured or coerced, it wasn't necessary to keep up the disguise, and as far as I can tell, he wasn't drugged either. He got a romantic note from Nikos and his rational mind felt love for him. He put on a sexy dress, went to dinner, said yes to Nikos' marriage proposal, and had sex with him, all of his own volition. He cheated on Marina. That's on him.

Now, the actual "becoming a woman" part, I agree that's not his fault and he did it to protect her family.

I also agree she should be angry with Nikos, and perhaps she is but is not showing it at the moment. But as shitty as Nikos' behavior is, Andrew is ultimately the one who betrayed her, so it's appropriate for her to be most angry at him.
Andrew/Elena is under the influence of what was done to him. Andrew/Elena had their free will stripped away from them.

GREECE747 - Copy.png
GREECE747.png

Reactions: antiumbra

misseva88

Jul 5, 2017
Melissa finally made me turn against Marina. She seems like she is age regressing into a bratty spoiled teenager. I'm heartbroken. :cry:

Andrew is the person who insisted on staying in character, on agreeing to the surgery (at least to Marinas knowledge) and ignored her when she signalled his own signal to him. And what did he do? He had sex with her uncle after insisting she should refer to him as her aunt.

Your rant may be how you'd react, but would Elena in her current mindset? She is still afraid of the unknown gangster hunting them... and she liked the sex. Does she really want to leave?

To me, Marina is in the right. She's pissed and probably held out on having sex with James even though she's had every chance to get some. And what did Andrew do in a similar position? He lost himself.

LadyBoyJay

Jun 12, 2017
And what did Andrew do in a similar position? He lost himself.
He did lose himself. That is a side effect of what was done to him. Along with memory loss and concentration capacity.

She's pissed and probably held out on having sex with James even though she's had every chance to get some.
Marina can have sex with James if she wants to. Is she going to look heroic for doing so? Not in my opinion. She'll come across as a petty slut. She isn't under the influence of any drugs. James hasn't been shown to be manipulating her like Nikos has been with Elena. Marina still has own free will left intact. If she sleeps with James, it will 100% be her choice to do so, unlike it was for Andrew, who barely knows who he is most of the time, has memory loss, difficulty concentrating, LOSS OF SELF, etc.

Thalantyr

Dec 1, 2023
Sex with Nikos just isn't consensual under these circumstances. Those symptoms are mental impairments that cloud judgement. Loss of self is a huge issue.
I feel like the "loss of self" was what happened after the trauma-induced amnesia that we still haven't seen yet, and Andrew regained his sense of self when he woke up the day of the dinner party. Right now he's method acting, which is a choice he made. He seems unable to drop the character, which is currently unexplained, but even after regaining his memories and becoming fully aware of this, Andrew seems to blame himself:
ch21-1181.png ch21-1186.png

I'm pretty sure this exposition info-dump is Melissa speaking directly to the audience and is therefore to be trusted.

LadyBoyJay

Jun 12, 2017
I feel like the "loss of self" was what happened after the trauma-induced amnesia that we still haven't seen yet, and Andrew regained his sense of self when he woke up the day of the dinner party. Right now he's method acting, which is a choice he made. He seems unable to drop the character, which is currently unexplained, but even after regaining his memories, Andrew seems to blame himself:
View attachment 3533576 View attachment 3533582

I'm pretty sure this exposition info-dump is Melissa speaking directly to the audience and is therefore to be trusted.
We can't trust Andrew's thoughts. They are impaired. Chapter 18 conflicts with any ability that Andrew would ever have to act as his true self without impaired judgement.