2.80 star(s) 5 Votes

engbot

Jan 6, 2018
It's worth noting there is a hidden ending in each route, where you can save her and send the ntr guy packing. Bad thing is they are really easy to miss, more a bonus than anything no CG or anything.

Reactions: blazingbanana

Asenaris

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 31, 2018
Me My Girlfriend [1.0.2 Compressed (UnTested) (Rpgm But in OP Others)

Win (1.6 GB/ 407 MB) : ,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
better question, are we the ones doing the NTR? like are we the ones stealing the girl?
The game's summary explicitly details that the player character is reliving the nightmare of being cucked all over again. Not to mention there's the netorare tag, as well as a lack of the cheating tag which is what netori falls under on this site.

Should be pretty obvious which end of the NTR spectrum this game falls under.

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
"Will these MTL's dissaude translators from translating these games? Idk, I really don't buy it." This is a very common thing discussed in the translation community very often. Making MTLs is totally fine, I just hope you can reconsider doing it on older games.

It has never crossed my mind to make a proper translation of this game, but at this rate is likely you will publish an MTL of a game that is either getting a proper translation or has planned a proper translation from me or other translators. Which will only do damage to the perceived quality of these new games on the western side of the world. In my opinion, games translations should not be just understandable but also enjoyable. A decent game will turn to be just "meh" or "bad" with a translation with no character personality and context issues.

MTLing games that are older or actually have 0 chances of getting translated is guaranteed to benefit everyone, but just going for the new games will have high chances to ruin them forever, since once the MTL is up, it will set the perceived quality of the general public. Tons of reviews and comments will be made from it and even if the game gets a proper translation later down the line, those reviews will stay forever there.

I really hope that soon enough we will be able to upload entire game files and .jsons to these AIs to get proper translations but for now I hope you can give this conversation more thought and also ask around what other people think to become a much bigger positive force for the community.

With great power comes great responsibility
You don't have to worry about me publishing an MTL for games that have a translation planned. I don't touch those and I make sure to do some digging before I decide on a game. I recently passed on attempting Vitamin Quest 2 for this very reason.

Sintheta

Mar 15, 2020
Just to deviate from the MTL talk for a bit, is there any changes from the translation request thread to this one? IIRC, the rock-paper-scissors guy was planned to have scenes that weren't done yet (from the other thread) and I noticed that the version number here is 1.0.2.

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Just to deviate from the MTL talk for a bit, is there any changes from the translation request thread to this one? IIRC, the rock-paper-scissors guy was planned to have scenes that weren't done yet (from the other thread) and I noticed that the version number here is 1.0.2.
I don't believe that content has been released yet since this was the latest version on DLSite. But you can expect me to MTL that as well if it does release.

Reactions: Sintheta

Jun 21, 2017
I am way too poor to test it out lol. 3.5 is .002 cents while gpt4 is .04 cents per 1000 tokens. Even if I wanted to try it they never gave me access anyway.
What you should be doing is using sugoi + deepl and feeding the translations of them into a chatgpt prompt for clarification, and giving game context if needed. Thats what I would do if I was gonna charge for mtl anyways

• Angry
Reactions: Iorinari

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
What you should be doing is using sugoi + deepl and feeding the translations of them into a chatgpt prompt for clarification, and giving game context if needed. Thats what I would do if I was gonna charge for mtl anyways
Not sure that's such a good idea. I'm sure ChatGPT does a lot better job if it translates straight from the source text rather than text that has already been translated and may or may not be close to the original raws.

It's also easier to just have everything handled by a single API versus trying to juggle different translators. Using DeepL already gave me massive consistency issues last time I used it.

Also I don't charge for anything. I always release free. The links below are just for donations.

Reactions: Iorinari and 13325

sanahtlig

Jul 6, 2019
Not sure that's such a good idea. I'm sure ChatGPT does a lot better job if it translates straight from the source text rather than text that has already been translated and may or may not be close to the original raws.
I think it would be interesting to try a hybrid machine/human TL approach leveraging GPT3.5's ability to incorporate context. For example, have a human user who understands JP summarize a scene (e.g., in a few sentences), then feed that summary as context to inform/fix the translation for that scene. Repeat for each scene in the game. Gold standard benchmarking could help reveal if such a strategy would be useful. Human translation / translation checking is hard work, but short summaries are much less labor intensive and you might be able to get people like me to prepare these in the course of a playthrough.

Using GPT3.5 as an editor rather than as a translator is also an interesting idea. That would also require gold standard benchmarking to assess whether translation accuracy and readability are improved.

Last edited:
2.80 star(s) 5 Votes