Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Been a while since i played this so started from scratch and wanted to do the character creation again.
View attachment 3636880
Bro wtf is this :KEK: Maybe we should i limit but this is just funny.
Grandpa is going on a adventure
I was recently considering to start a game with that age, for the simple reason that he has a good stats as result of his age. But after a quick look at the code I realized that it comes with a lot of penalities and decided to go to the other extreme with 18 years old mc instead.

Gehoji

Sep 17, 2019
This guy... If you are going to say you tested things, then include the testing data. Not that he can see this, since I assume I'm the one being blocked. Is what he is doing against the rules? It feels like it should be.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: NoUseForAName3

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Melee is definitely stronger than ranged at this point with the possible exception of if you're willing to buy cyber cannon ammo, but I believe the supply is not unlimited for that and cost would be a huge concern. Ammo pack does not work on those.

There's a few issues I think surrounding what works in combat. First, ranged does not have anything like strength that allows damage to scale with stats. A follower with a Herculean frame can be trained to more than 180 strength (I'm not sure what the cap is for them yet but I've trained Cassius from less than 130 to more than 180 already in my current game.)

Related to the above, strength directly contributes to health on a 1 for 2 basis so someone with a herculean frame has a higher max possible health than for instance someone with a normal frame. So as you train strength on a melee fighter both their damage and their health goes up. As you train whatever you want on a ranged fighter their damage is unaffected no matter how high you train their stats.
Showing remarkable synchronicity, Grimdark seems to have realized he 's made Melee somewhat overpowered (I think your analysis was quite correct at the time you wrote it) and posted this today on the Discord:

Grimdark on Discord said:
**Natural marksman**

To compensate the growing power of melee combat, the *ranged combat* skill now scales exactly like *STR damage bonus* - a master sniper's aim should be a little more precise than a novice's.

This scaling begins at Ranged combat 50+ and is endless, as seen in the screenshots.

A ranged skill of 120 should provide around 7 extra damage.

Reactions: caju and khumak
Mar 5, 2024
Showing remarkable synchronicity, Grimdark seems to have realized he 's made Melee somewhat overpowered (I think your analysis was quite correct at the time you wrote it) and posted this today on the Discord:
Grimdark should review his whole combat code. I had done it in march (post is no longer available) and I will not do it again (unless I see substantial differences to the combat code in v8.23 and v8.3). He should also review the enemy definitions (ie. dex values and armors worn by the enemies, ie. there is about never a combat weave worn). The probabilty, that the damage boost to ranged (depending on ranged skill) will really change anything, will be lower than the chance of an (uncrippled) npc (in a party where the mc/pc has the master tactican trait) with 151 melee skill (and 90 affinity) to miss any enemy (even a Master Gai or the Ninja of the Black Scorpion fights - btw these are the only enemies with 160 dex, all other dex values - outside of the Arena - are considerably lower) with a normal attack of a power katana, eventhough in the fourth follower slot the melee skill could be reduced to 141.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hmm, i just checked the wiki to see what i missed and yay, nothing so far, except for
Since it doesnt have an wiki page, who is this and where do i run into her...if its a her, the name suggests otherwise so maybe i killed it already ^^

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
Hmm, i just checked the wiki to see what i missed and yay, nothing so far, except for
Since it doesnt have an wiki page, who is this and where do i run into her...if its a her, the name suggests otherwise so maybe i killed it already ^^
3. Akira Ito - Someone mentioned it before, but she is encountered in the final group of Rogue Space Marines in Kacey's Park with the Space Hulk, is a tough fight, so prepare well

Reactions: Virulenz

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Okay, looks like i killed her...if one of the console wizards here knows how to unkill her or reset the group i would appreciate it ^^

afkoyou

Jun 24, 2023
I finished the second prowler quest but I still can't get Miss Winton as a slave. The wiki says I should be able to bang her but no option is there. Is there any way I can fix this? The debug option didn't change anything.
1715820829670.png

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Go home.
You can only fuck her once per day and only if you didnt take the money but the "other payment" for finding her brother.
After you found him she will need a day alone. Then you can daily fuck her until the day you can buy her...

P.S:
You dont need to fulfill her fantasy/request by bringing another dick along, but the images still show it -,-

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
I finished the second prowler quest but I still can't get Miss Winton as a slave. The wiki says I should be able to bang her but no option is there. Is there any way I can fix this? The debug option didn't change anything.
If you did not pick the other payment option, you have to reload an earlier save before you made that decision.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
You'll find her with the boss of the Space Hulk group. You'll have to capture her if you want her.

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
Do you still need to be married to have children? Aiko go pregnant and then... nothing? I thought the recent updates changed that?

Redeye

Jul 19, 2017
Hey there,

I'm looking for 1-2 new people to start splitting the cost for the next round of the Alpha. The current members of this little endeavour look to keep the sub going for the foreseeable future, so it would be awesome if you are interested in that. If you just want this patch's Alpha, that would also be fine. I'll ofc share the current version for the whole duration of the sub.

Start: Very soon
Base price: 29,16€ including tax
Price: 5€

Should this interest you, shoot me a PM and I'll give you some more infos. :)

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Do you still need to be married to have children? Aiko go pregnant and then... nothing? I thought the recent updates changed that?
Did she give birth yet? Probably not yet since unless you set the pregnancy speed in the second page of the options menu, it takes a full 280 days to birth the baby and changes in renders only occur at day 200. If she gave birth, the baby is in the nursery.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Deleting these lines restores the delete all button:
Code:
#saves-clear {
    display: none;
}
Optionally put /* before and */ after to just make it a comment so that you can later restore the lines by removing /* and */

Edit: I now understand why it was removed. It is super easy to accidentally click on it and since it has no extra confirmation, it instantly wipes all your saves (including the daily auto save) and then you are completely screwed.

A better option for people, who saves a lot, it is probably better to routinely click on save to disk and only use the normal save slots when you want to repeatedly save scum something specific and then just get rid of the 1-2 normal saves after you are done.
Just saw the edit because someone liked my post above it.
I'm used to the delete all thing because its standard for this "engine". Whenever my savegamnes are full and i dont need them anymore i delete all and make a save in the now free space. I only make hard saves when i want to edit them or when i played enough and wait for the next update.
However, thanks again, your code saved me some nerves and time ^^

4.50 star(s) 115 Votes