Man of the House Troubleshooting Help

Dqslime

Oct 1, 2017
So I'm replaying this game right? Then after I go on the date with Ashley, Sophia's hint tracker just disappears. I've checked and unchecked the box multiple times and restarted the game. It's gone and I can't even progress her event anymore either. So, before I go replaying this game AGAIN, I wanna know if there's a way to fix this so I don't have to grind through these events for another couple of hours. (I guess I could cheat my way back to where I am but that's still gonna take time and maybe break the game.)

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
So I'm replaying this game right? Then after I go on the date with Ashley, Sophia's hint tracker just disappears. I've checked and unchecked the box multiple times and restarted the game. It's gone and I can't even progress her event anymore either. So, before I go replaying this game AGAIN, I wanna know if there's a way to fix this so I don't have to grind through these events for another couple of hours. (I guess I could cheat my way back to where I am but that's still gonna take time and maybe break the game.)
Do you, by chance, have more than 8 people checked?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
It's likely you missed an event (possibly the fashion contest between Ashley and Sophia at the mall). That would cause Sophia to drop off the tracking bar. Could you attach your save, please? I'll fix that for you.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
No.

Here you go, thanks in advance.
You're welcome and it's what I thought it was. The flag for the fashion contest was triggered somehow. But I've reset that. So as soon as you load the save, you'll immediately get a text from Ashley. Go to the mall to trigger the fashion contest.

BLDTRL

Mar 31, 2018
Hey friends,

i'm facing this bug! I can't see any texts

Sys:
- iMac with macOS Monterey
- CrossOver 21.0

Any ideas?

undefiniert

Nov 7, 2018
You seem to miss video codecs. I got it to run on a M1 Macbook Air earlier this year.

One of the two packs I installed was this:

The site I am linking to is a big known German news and IT site! The download is not malicious or anything at all! It’s a big company! Just click „Zum Download“ and click the downloadbutton at „ K-Lite Codec Pack 16.5.3
Full“ (second pack, 48479Kbyte atm) or the „Mega“ pack (third pack, 60246KByte), not any of the others.
Install it in CrossOver and it should work after „restarting“ the bottle.

If not, tell me and I will look up the name of the other codec pack I installed in my bottle.

Edit: I missed the missing font… thanks to cold_arctus for addressing that!

Last edited:
Reactions: BLDTRL

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hey friends,

Sys:
- CrossOver 21.0

Any ideas?
for text you need to install corefonts... but it's a bit complicated doing it via CrossOver. You also have to enable video support because it is missing in your screenshot.

Reactions: BLDTRL

BLDTRL

Mar 31, 2018
Fine! Downloaded the Corefonts for WIN7 and 10 and put them in the c:windows/fonts/ folder… WORKS FINE so far. Now to the Codec Pack

Last edited:

BLDTRL

Mar 31, 2018
You seem to miss video codecs. I got it to run on a M1 Macbook Air earlier this year.

One of the two packs I installed was this:

The site I am linking to is a big known German news and IT site! The download is not malicious or anything at all! It’s a big company! Just click „Zum Download“ and click the downloadbutton at „ K-Lite Codec Pack 16.5.3
Full“ (second pack, 48479Kbyte atm) or the „Mega“ pack (third pack, 60246KByte), not any of the others.
Install it in CrossOver and it should work after „restarting“ the bottle.

If not, tell me and I will look up the name of the other codec pack I installed in my bottle.

Edit: I missed the missing font… thanks to cold_arctus for addressing that!

Unfortunately this didnt work for me. i choose the mega pack…

undefiniert

Nov 7, 2018
In that case, please use this codec pack, too. install it as an unlisted app, too. don't forget to select the existing bottle containing MotH as destination bottle! You HAVE TO SELECT IT MANUALLY!

Left big button "Download" and then "Download starten" - this is another big german IT magazin site. So no worries here, too! :)

BLDTRL

Mar 31, 2018
In that case, please use this codec pack, too. install it as an unlisted app, too. don't forget to select the existing bottle containing MotH as destination bottle! You HAVE TO SELECT IT MANUALLY!

Left big button "Download" and then "Download starten" - this is another big german IT magazin site. So no worries here, too! :)
for i am german, there are no worries :)

BLDTRL

Mar 31, 2018

Didn't work either…

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Hey friends,

Sys:
- CrossOver 21.0

Any ideas?
Are you playing the Mac version from ? Or are you playing it in Wine?

BLDTRL

Mar 31, 2018
Are you playing the Mac version from ? Or are you playing it in Wine?

i would prefer the Mac Version from Steam, but i didnt found it - i play it in CrossOver, so yeah, kind of wine

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
i would prefer the Mac Version from Steam, but i didnt found it - i play it in CrossOver, so yeah, kind of wine
Ok, the reason is because of the fact that it's not available in Germany. So you would have to purchase it from .

Reactions: TheDevian

GameMinion

May 12, 2021
I have the hint to go to the workplace to get Angel info, but nowhere on the map to go. I definitely can't get back in the bedroom to look at computer again, so I'm at a loss as to what to do.

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
I have the hint to go to the workplace to get Angel info, but nowhere on the map to go. I definitely can't get back in the bedroom to look at computer again, so I'm at a loss as to what to do.
Google it on your phone, if that doesn't work you may have to progress with Claire a bit as the stories are intertwined