Man of the House Troubleshooting Help

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I am facing an issue with the phone option. I cannot see all the contacts in messages. To move forward in the game, i need to read the message from veronica but my messages screen does not have veronica as an option and there is no feature to search or scroll (see attachment). Can some onne help please? View attachment 1262824
What does Veronica's hint tell you to do?

I think you didn't meet her yet.

undefiniert

Nov 7, 2018
How should he not have met Veronica yet? She's one of the in-house-chars and so be part of the intro and FORCED to be met.

You can hold the left mouse button and pull the screen, afaik! So you should see her. Otherwise, append your save and I'll check later.

undefiniert

Nov 7, 2018
You drink coffee later. When you go down the first time, you WILL meet her forced before your phone rings and you gotta help your mom/landlord to carry the stuff inside. Veronica will also be added to your contacts list then.

After the first day (when you get up the next morning) the tutorial is over and you can get a coffee - or not!

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
You drink coffee later. When you go down the first time, you WILL meet her forced before your phone rings and you gotta help your mom/landlord to carry the stuff inside. Veronica will also be added to your contacts list then.

After the first day (when you get up the next morning) the tutorial is over and you can get a coffee - or not!
I'm afraid to tell you that Veronica isn't in the tutorial and you're not forced to meet her. She is introduced to you when you get a coffee, as and when you get that coffee is up to you but you can't do it during the tutorial

wonky9

Jun 24, 2021
How should he not have met Veronica yet? She's one of the in-house-chars and so be part of the intro and FORCED to be met.

You can hold the left mouse button and pull the screen, afaik! So you should see her. Otherwise, append your save and I'll check later.
The scroll does not work for both contacts and messages. I have tried it a lot of time but the scroll does not show up for me.

undefiniert

Nov 7, 2018
I'm afraid to tell you that Veronica isn't in the tutorial and you're not forced to meet her. She is introduced to you when you get a coffee, as and when you get that coffee is up to you but you can't do it during the tutorial
I am still afraid to tell you: you're wrong.
You start in your room, MC says some things and you go outside of your room, then into Ashleys room. She will be added to your contacts, you talk to her, leave the room and go downstairs, right into the living room. if you want to turn around, MC says, he is hungry, so you got to go in the kitchen, where Veronica waits and will also be added immediately to your contacts.
After that, you get a message from your mom, help her, go shopping, ...

The coffee stuff then is optional - for some time at least. But you will get her added to your contacts at all times.
Try it - I did the same thing just now, because you got me really curious.

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
I am still afraid to tell you: you're wrong.
You start in your room, MC says some things and you go outside of your room, then into Ashleys room. She will be added to your contacts, you talk to her, leave the room and go downstairs, right into the living room. if you want to turn around, MC says, he is hungry, so you got to go in the kitchen, where Veronica waits and will also be added immediately to your contacts.
After that, you get a message from your mom, help her, go shopping, ...

The coffee stuff then is optional - for some time at least. But you will get her added to your contacts at all times.
Try it - I did the same thing just now, because you got me really curious.
I just played it again and forgot about that I guess senility is finally setting in. You're correct sorry about that

Rjorn

Mar 4, 2020
Hello i can t see the animations but,if i go to my control painel and disable one graphic card the game runs the animation with bad fps any help? (ps:english is not my main language sorry)

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Hello i can t see the animations but,if i go to my control painel and disable one graphic card the game runs the animation with bad fps any help? (ps:english is not my main language sorry)
Unfortunately, MotH doesn't support a dual-video card setup. You would have to disable one or the other display adapters in order to see the images/animations. The video card you use does require at least a minimum of 2GB VRAM and using the translations will make the game run slower than it would using English.

Rjorn

Mar 4, 2020
Unfortunately, MotH doesn't support a dual-video card setup. You would have to disable one or the other display adapters in order to see the images/animations. The video card you use does require at least a minimum of 2GB VRAM and using the translations will make the game run slower than it would using English.
Thanks

Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I don't know what happens to my files, Just click the icon and nothing happen like this.. Any solution?
Do you use any of the following software:

°Nahimic
°FMOD
°Citrix
°Strix
°Aegis 3
°Sonic Studio 2 and/or 3
°RivaTuner Statistics Server
°Apple/Quicktime products (including "Bonjour")
°Portrait Displays\Pivot Software

DarnVelocity

Dec 3, 2020
Do you use any of the following software:

°Nahimic
°FMOD
°Citrix
°Strix
°Aegis 3
°Sonic Studio 2 and/or 3
°RivaTuner Statistics Server
°Apple/Quicktime products (including "Bonjour")
°Portrait Displays\Pivot Software
Ah yes, I rarely use Citrix but thanks a lot

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Ah yes, I rarely use Citrix but thanks a lot
You're welcome. :)
You can still use it, but there is one thing that you will need to do first so you can play MotH.

Go into Control Panel >> Device Manager. Scroll down to "System devices" and expand that. Then look for "Citrix Virtual Bus Enumerator". Right click on that device and select "Disable".