Man of the House Troubleshooting Help

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
I guess you have the same problem like him:

Which resolution options does Windows give you?

EDIT:
Maybe this can help somehow to adjust the correct screen resolution.

i already have the correct res for for monitor selected all the options i have how ever see attachment my problem is thew game will only allow me to pick 1280 x 720 doesn't even give my any other options for 4:3 or 16:9 (see attachment)

lavekreem

Nov 9, 2018
guys, I have a problem when training Amy in the second session the screen turns black I can see the dialogue and the stats but the scene just turns black
never mind restarted the game and it worked perfectly

AlterSack

Aug 28, 2018
Nah thats not it my native res for my monitor is 1280 x 1024.... i have vision problems so thats why i use a low res of 1024 x 796
and there's your problem. it seems the game runs minimum at 720p and since you set your resolution to 1024x796 it can't display the game properly.
as with the missing options: your native reso is 1280x1024 so the only available reso for the game mentioned 720p hence no other options
just for the sake of trying: set your screen reso to native and then try starting the game in windowed mode

Ries67

Jun 6, 2018
Hi guys, can't find the solution that quick so lets ask here:
At the bottom of the screen normally the girls would show up with a few hints but with the 8.8 version I don't see this anymore. Game, computer and drivers seem up to date. Using Windows 10 64 bits Pro.

Anyone a suggestion?

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hi guys, can't find the solution that quick so lets ask here:
At the bottom of the screen normally the girls would show up with a few hints but with the 8.8 version I don't see this anymore. Game, computer and drivers seem up to date. Using Windows 10 64 bits Pro.

Anyone a suggestion?
the visibility of the hints changed with v0.8.8. Only person with available hints will be shown and persons without a hint (and of story path) will disappear. (make sure all persons hint system is activated through your contact app on the phone).

Ries67

Jun 6, 2018
the visibility of the hints changed with v0.8.8. Only person with available hints will be shown and persons without a hint (and of story path) will disappear. (make sure all persons hint system is activated through your contact app on the phone).
Thanks!!!

AlterSack

Aug 28, 2018
Didn't help sadly same thing only one res option, looks like i gotta skip this game sadly
that wasn't the point i was after. the game seems to run on 1280x720 at the lowest resolution so your pc simply CAN'T show you other options 'cause your screen has it's limit at 1280x1024. that's why 1280x720 is the only available 16:9 option for your screen.
the point in trying was to find out if the game runs properly on your pc if you change your reso from 1024x796 to 1280x1024 and then start the game with 1280x720 in windowed mode. i know you'd have to change the reso back after playing for your eye's sake but at least that would let you play the game without graphical glitches.

Stumpyjack

Jun 20, 2017
My turn for a cry for help!

Every time an animation would play*, the game crashes to desktop with no error messages. I've tried installing and reinstalling the k-Lite codecs and WebMD multiple times to no avail. I'm using 64-bit Windows 10 and DX11 is up to date (as far as I'm aware). Any suggestions?

*Just to check I did a clean install of 0.8.9, used the cheats to unlock all memories and it's the same issue.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
DX11 is up to date (as far as I'm aware
DX12 is the current version, but animation should also work fine with DX11.

Use this guide to check which DX version you are using:

Can you pls try to open the animation from the StreaminAsset folder. Do they also crash or not?

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Been trying to get this to run on Mac with no luck, tried to follow the installation PDF but i just dont understand what some of these parts even mean. Are there ways to find the Wine program with everything it needs to run? Or at least a walkthrough video would be helpful. Thxx
What parts are giving you trouble?

Stumpyjack

Jun 20, 2017
DX12 is the current version, but animation should also work fine with DX11.

Use this guide to check which DX version you are using:

Can you pls try to open the animation from the StreaminAsset folder. Do they also crash or not?
You're right - it's actually DX12.

The animations load up just fine in VLC.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
• brew install cabextract
• exit
• Launch Wine Staging. It will open a shell window in Terminal.
• cd to the location of winetricks. I put it next to Wine Staging.app.
• sh winetricks corefonts
• You need to install more things to get animations to run. sh winetricks devenum
ffdshow quartz
Did you install brew?

"brew install cabextract"
"exit"
are commands you run in the terminal window

Really, the list is a list of things to run in order. Just do them. Don't overthink it.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
It's the same behaviour - works if I play in VLC but the animations in game crash to desktop.
I have to ask again: Do other animation work in the game or is the Veronica beach animation the only one, which does not work for you?