Man of the House Troubleshooting Help

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
1-First, I've installed wine staging.
2-Then, I've gone to the link from this sentence: "Now you need to get winetricks from ."
3-I've opened wine staging, which opened my terminal
4-I've copied all the text of the page from the 2nd operation with ctrl + A all to my terminal
Instead of copy/pasting it into terminal, save winetricks as a file (called winetricks)

when trying to cd to the location of winetricks, directory cannot be found, where would terminal have installed it on my system? i.e where would i find the winetricks folder? it won appear on any searches i can find and ive already reinstalled it again just incase, howeveer i was never given the option to decide its location
The location is the folder where you saved winetricks. When you do a save from your browser, it should give you a dialog to say where to save it and what name to give it.

Arty7891

Feb 22, 2018
Instead of copy/pasting it into terminal, save winetricks as a file (called winetricks)

The location is the folder where you saved winetricks. When you do a save from your browser, it should give you a dialog to say where to save it and what name to give it.
Oh, I understand my problem...I didn't know that I could save it as a file...do you know how could I do that? I save it with a .txt extension and then I put it in a winetricks file? (sorry I know I'm very bad in informatic...I feel a bit ridiculous right now ^^)

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Oh, I understand my problem...I didn't know that I could save it as a file...do you know how could I do that? I save it with a .txt extension and then I put it in a winetricks file? (sorry I know I'm very bad in informatic...I feel a bit ridiculous right now ^^)
Right click on the link and Save Link As, or open the link, then go to File->Save Page As.
Actual text of the commands may vary by browser.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I tried everything ... but nothing works :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Too bad... I will not be able to play it :cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious:
stop whining and provide some more information about your problem.

Did you try the solution I posted here?

I tried everything ... but nothing ... the game still does not work ... I always have the same message

Switching to 1440x900 resolution failed, trying lower one
All resolution switches have failed
Screen: DX11 could not switch resolution (1440x900 fs = 0 hz = 0)
The reason why you having this problem is, because one or more Windows updates are missing or broken.

Above solution is for Windows 7, but you can have the same problem with Win 8.1 or Win 10.

To provide you with a better solution for your problem, pls answer these questions:

- Which Win OS do you use?
- Missing or broken Updates?
- Are you from Europe or South-Korea?
- Do you have K-Lite Codec Mega Pack installed?
- Visual C++ 2015 32bit (x86) installed
- Do you have Citrix installed on your PC?

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I have this error everytime when i try to start the game? How to fix this?

View attachment 224968
Unfortunately you have to purge your HDD; your system is infected with an malware/virus called "Windoof"....

just kidding with you... here is the solution for your problem (you are missing an important Windows 7 update)

Go here:

When you click the "Download" button, make sure you select the appropriate update for your system.

32-bit OS: Windows6.1-KB2670838-x86.msu
64-Bit OS: Windows6.1-KB2670838-x64.msu

Don't download both files.

After installation, restart your computer and try playing MotH.

Lolek77

Jul 15, 2018
When i try to install update i see this statement: "this update is not applicable to your computer" i have win7 64bit

Alex_Max

Jan 8, 2019
C: \ ProgramData \ NokiaInstallerCache \ PackageCache \ {33EBF075-8593-4698-BDAF-CF8DED80BB5B} \ Настройка \ запрашивает путь и выбрасывает из игр

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
When i try to install update i see this statement: "this update is not applicable to your computer" i have win7 64bit
One or more updates are missing for your computer. When you go into Windows Update, make sure you install the "Optional" updates as well as the important ones.

One of the optional updates should include the Platform Update (KB2670838) for Windows 7 and/or the Media Feature Pack (KB968211).

Otherwise your other option would be to update the drivers for your video card and install

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
My windows and video card drivers are current.
Then let's check to see if you have either of the two updates I mentioned.

Open Windows Update then click "View update history".

Up in the top right where it says, "Search Control Panel" (see attached screenshot), type: KB2670838. If that doesn't show, then that update is missing.

Next, in the same box, type: KB968211

I'm not sure whether the second update applies to you as it's for European and Korean users of Windows 7 N and KN, so it may or may not be listed.

If neither of the updates show they're installed, download DirectX 11 from here:

Alex_Max

Jan 8, 2019
C: \ ProgramData \ NokiaInstallerCache \ PackageCache \ {33EBF075-8593-4698-BDAF-CF8DED80BB5B} \ Настройка \ запрашивает путь и выбрасывает из игр

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, but what I can tell you is that MotH doesn't install or place any files in the ProgramData folder.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, but what I can tell you is that MotH doesn't install or place any files in the ProgramData folder.
I think he might run in some installation loop when trying platform update. Message mentions Setup and ejection from the Games.
This could be similar bug:

Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I think he might run in some installation loop when trying platform update. Message mentions Setup and ejection from the Games.
This could be similar bug:
That might help from what I've read.

Reactions: Thermophob