Man of the House Troubleshooting Help

Ursus4321

Aug 2, 2017
I have started to play this game and I have a problem. The left side of the phone is outside of my screen and I can not reach the option that it has there. I dont know if is a problem with the screen configuration of my pc or is another thing. Please someone could help me?

kookoo1976

Aug 17, 2018
Hey.
I have a problem with Ashley's selfie. After I asked her for it, she sends me messages, on the icon I'm reminded that I have three messages but when I go in, they do not appear on the phone, so I can not watch them and I can not go through it. I restarted the game and I play from the last save, it does not help.:cry:
When I was on the beach for the first time and chose Veronica, the game took me home, as if we did not go to the beach.

kookoo1976

Aug 17, 2018
I have started to play this game and I have a problem. The left side of the phone is outside of my screen and I can not reach the option that it has there. I dont know if is a problem with the screen configuration of my pc or is another thing. Please someone could help me?
When your system resolution is lower than the resolution of the game, you can not see everything.
This is how the game looks at 1280x720 on the old monitor with 1024x768 resolution:
20181130_171601.jpg
If you increase the resolution of the monitor or reduce the resolution of the game will probably look good.

saabisgreat

Nov 12, 2018
So I don't know if it's already mentioned but I'm having problems using items. bought the new matress and clicked on it an then on the bed. This gave me the message: doesn't work like this or something. How does it work then?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
So I don't know if it's already mentioned but I'm having problems using items. bought the new matress and clicked on it an then on the bed. This gave me the message: doesn't work like this or something. How does it work then?
Items like the mattress and alarm clock work in the background. You don't need to click on it to use it.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I was using the guide packaged in the download.

The application still runs in fullscreen mode though is my point, so I can actually start it in 1920x1080 instead of 1600x900.
[I moved our post to this thread for a better review]

First, thank you for your tip about virtual desktop! Second, you just solved MotH's wine full-screen problem :D(y)

Do you also get the taskbar shown during animation like in my picture? virtual desktop.png

bigguy_foryou

Jun 8, 2018
Do you also get the taskbar shown during animation like in my picture?
No. But I don't get the taskbar at all, even when I just run winecfg. In the past I've definitely seen it but for whatever reason it doesn't show up now, not that I'm complaining.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
No. But I don't get the taskbar at all, even when I just run winecfg. In the past I've definitely seen it but for whatever reason it doesn't show up now, not that I'm complaining.
ok... maybe it is just my wine settings. Last question: are you using Mac or Linux?

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
@Thermophob @goobdoob

The windowed-mode is no longer needed for animation playback. Activating virtual desktop in winecfg and setting it to 1920x1080 and starting the game in the same format will let the animation proceed in fullscreen mode. Tested with v.8.0.2 and latest wine-staging build.

Big thanks for @bigguy_foryou for sharing this!

@Thermophob @Sycho

Here is my recommendation for the installation guide:

"In order to play game, you have to use virtual desktop. See "Troubleshooting - Videos don't play on Linux" at the end of this guide."

Videos don't play on Linux

6. Go to tab Graphics - mark virtual desktop -> Set desktop size to 1920x1080
7. Start MotH in 1920x1080.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
@Thermophob @goobdoob

The windowed-mode is no longer needed for animation playback. Activating virtual desktop in winecfg and setting it to 1920x1080 and starting the game in the same format will let the animation proceed in fullscreen mode. Tested with v.8.0.2 and latest wine-staging build.

Big thanks for @bigguy_foryou for sharing this!

@Thermophob @Sycho

Here is my recommendation for the installation guide:

"In order to play game, you have to use virtual desktop. See "Troubleshooting - Videos don't play on Linux" at the end of this guide."

Videos don't play on Linux

6. Go to tab Graphics - mark virtual desktop -> Set desktop size to 1920x1080
7. Start MotH in 1920x1080.
Or play in windowed mode?

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Version 1.6 of the installation guide has lost the link to winetricks. It should be this:

Reactions: Sycho
Dec 7, 2017
Like this game, tho havent played since 5. something. Starting from scratch on 0.8.4 using the Grindthrough guide. First problem was that Veronica submissions stopped at 20, no notifications at all saying 'increased by one' etc. That seems to have been reset with the Maid outfit reversal etc (see how that progresses). Now I have Ashleigh locked at 30, no notifications at all. Seems to have happened after finishing Biology and first kiss, now she goes straight to the phone after tutoring and no notifications - nada. Anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this buglet? Also no progress with Amy for drinks at Neon. Cheers

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Like this game, tho havent played since 5. something. Starting from scratch on 0.8.4 using the Grindthrough guide. First problem was that Veronica submissions stopped at 20, no notifications at all saying 'increased by one' etc. That seems to have been reset with the Maid outfit reversal etc (see how that progresses). Now I have Ashleigh locked at 30, no notifications at all. Seems to have happened after finishing Biology and first kiss, now she goes straight to the phone after tutoring and no notifications - nada. Anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this buglet? Also no progress with Amy for drinks at Neon. Cheers
This thread is more for technical issues, better ask your question at the

Reactions: Sycho

ki11ke11

May 30, 2017
Enma images 57-62 are blocked. I have released all the memories and they remain blank. Can you see them in some way?