RPGM Abandoned Malise And The Machine [v0.0511] [Eromancer]

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes

Gnodab

Feb 4, 2018
That's a yikes from me dawg. Gonna stop spending money on their patron and invest the 3$ somewhere else. Thanks for the inner Circle Update btw, much appreciated.

I have to admit though, the style of the new Sidescroller Game really speaks to me. But i know that there won't be a release any time soon, so i will cut my support for now.

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
It was a great game. I rember the old games from back in the intelevision and atari days.
Yes i now they were bad grapics. But still ya new what tou were getting and never had to worrie about getting burned out on creatsion. Lol

robdelobe

Jul 6, 2017
I don't have much faith in MatM. I haven't for a while. But, HEY! If they do release a completed game and it's not hot garbage, I'll buy it. I also hope it would encourage Ero to actually finish things instead of constantly fiddling with it. I ain't gonna give to Ero's patreon anytime soon.

Reactions: greywolf73

stardecay

Jul 28, 2018
$10+ patrons

Hey guys!
So, here’s a compilation of information based on a bunch of questions and concerns people had in the last post, and hopefully it’ll put some more clarity into our intent and why we think Pure Onyx is a good move.

Patreon Stuff

• Patrons who have pledged a certain amount (to be decided, probably something like the cost of the game) to this campaign by its release will get Pure Onyx for free. This campaign has always been intended to be for our current *and* future games, not just MATM (hence the ‘Eromancer is making Adult Games’ at the top :D), and I think it’s very fair considering MATM is taking longer than a lot of people (including me) expected. I’m not sure if it would be in the form of a Steam key or what quite yet.
  • I think some really good print designs could come out of Pure Onyx’s artwork. If you previously pledged at the print reward tier and have been waiting on a print design for the new MATM art style, you’ll be able to use it on anything we come up with for Pure Onyx if you prefer.
  • You don’t need to increase your pledge amount or anything to receive updates on Pure Onyx. They’ll be part of our regular updates.

Regarding Steam / Pure Onyx Release

• For those of you concerned about Steam's censoring -- there's no more need for R18 patches or any of that stuff. They really have opened up their doors to uncensored adult content.
  • I didn't mean to imply Pure Onyx will be a Steam exclusive; I haven't done all the research in that area to reach a conclusion for what would be the best retail strategy. It will probably end up being on as many retail sites as possible, but I can’t guarantee that yet.
  • I don't want to talk too much about ideas for additional content for Pure Onyx yet, since the goal here is a quick development cycle :D. There are, however, lots of options for extensibility after its release!

About Graphics and Gameplay

• Pure Onyx will use that (we hope) will match or exceed the quality of any H game out there currently. Pretty parallax backgrounds are a definite.
  • Pure Onyx gameplay will adhere strongly to the classic arcade games of the beat-em-up genre; we don’t want to get feature-crazy. Additional modes and features are a possibility after release.
  • We’ll be using Unity’s shiny Cinemachine package for cameras, which will allow for scriptable and dynamic manual zooming.
  • Gameplay will be very fast and fluid; certainly no input lag or anything.
  • There will be a gallery mode.

Regarding MATM Progress

• Just to reiterate, we’ll continue working on MATM while we work on Pure Onyx. We’re basically bottlenecked while we clear up the Maya and rigging stuff, so for the near future the only thing you’ll be missing out on is more asset production. That said, all of the work we put into Pure Onyx will be valid concept designs for future enemies and areas, since many of the locales in Pure Onyx will appear in MATM.
  • MATM definitely has more than a year left in development, and it’s exactly why we can’t push that obligation on you guys to hang out for the entirety of it. Things will undeniably speed up with it once we get past the tech hump, but there’s a whole lot of content left, and it’s plainly visible that creating custom assets take a lot more work than using licensed ones, and therefore we need more people.
  • A lot of people are under the impression we could have just continued with the old art style for MATM and continued putting out similar releases, but it’s not as simple as that. We weren’t making custom assets at that point. We weren’t using the tools to make custom assets possible. The art style was bound to crappy tools. The quality of artists we needed didn’t want to learn a ridiculous process to achieve relatively artificial looking results, and it was clear that I couldn’t manage the workload without more help. The list goes on. It was a tough call, and not one made lightly!

About Music

• The music for Pure Onyx will be similar to that of MATM. Some tracks we intend to use for MATM may end up being used in Pure Onyx (see the demos section of our Soundtrack Reward tier – the track used in the teaser is actually from that), and there may be some shared tracks between the two games.

I know it’s not possible to please everyone, but thanks for being understanding about the situation. I encourage anyone who may not be a fan of this idea to hang out for a bit and at least let us show you what we can do with this new project.

stardecay

Jul 28, 2018
  • ***MATM definitely has more than a year left in development, and it’s exactly why we can’t push that obligation on you guys to hang out for the entirety of it. Things will undeniably speed up with it once we get past the tech hump, but there’s a whole lot of content left, and it’s plainly visible that creating custom assets take a lot more work than using licensed ones, and therefore we need more people.***

If they post these semi-worthwhile games at a frequency of 3-5 months at a time, i'll continue posting updates. If not, well...I won't be posting them cause I won't see them.

J103

Sep 22, 2016
I didn't think this whole mess of a development could get any worse but I was wrong, somehow I didn't think of the possibility of these guys starting another game after all this time showing no real progress.

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
Just for everyone's convenience: MATM is being in the making since at least 2015 january. Ever since then its mostly just promises. What you got here as an update. A long wall of this and that but imagine it like this. I could write you long pages how i'm building a fusion reactor on my property, with tech-data that sounds legit. Does that means i'm really building a fusion reactor on my land? No. But i can bullshit about it for a few thousand $/month.
And now they say.. the best course of action for MOAWR money, after 3,5 years of basically nothing.. is that they further reduce their supposed numbers so some of them could work ANOTHER game. Cuz another game is good for this project... that you can buy... because if you have patroned them for years, payed them hundred of dollars, its sound proper that you should pay MORE. For a game you don't want...

The patrons of these guys are buying nice, well-drawn concept art pictures. You know how much such pictures cost on the market? Between 50-200 dollars. IF they buy 3-4, that costs somewhere around 2-800$, max. So if they buy a bundle of concept arts of four per 4 months, that means they paid that amount of money from the 20.000$ pool they have earned during this time. Beside that the only real thing they have to do is write this somewhat lenghty text of excuses on a regular basis but no more than 3-4 times per year. So overall, its 1000$ MAX cost (conceptart), 3-4 times a few pages long excuse/techdata combo.. and you have yourself a 60.000$ wage / year. You really only had to put some funding at the very beginning to hire a programmer to write the game's demo at the beginning. From there on, you don't have extra expenses beside the aformentioned ones. You don't have to come out anything solid.

This is basically the history of Malise and the Machine.
I have a demo from 2012-13 still saved. This was in development way before people even knew patreon existed. And now. NOW, at least 5 years later, they come out with "Hey boys we realized that we are not finishing the game in at least more than one year, so here have some more promises of random garbage"

This is somewhere between hilarious and pathetic. There was never a need to remake the entire game when they could have kept developing it and it would already be finished. But oh boy, then they would have to have kept their promises and gave everyone that spent 15(?) bucks in pledges the game on release, and wouldnt be getting 6k a month doing fuck all. Does anyone actually believe that they are short on people? On money? For fucks sake they started doing something with the game again like 2-3 months ago, before that they had just been making cash outta fucking nothing.

This retarded shitshow really amuses me. Its fun as fuck. They """"cant"""" finish a game, and they start another one at the same time.

Reminder, they spent 2 years, TWO YEARS touching their dicks and getting paid 10-7k a month for it, because there is no way in fucking Hell they were working on the game for that time and they have managed, literally, to import 3 models, make some cum and some wardrobes.

OH ALSO

you’ll be missing out on is more asset production
So basically they are going to do fuck all. Again.

Really hoping for another 2 years of absolutely nothing with this new game too :FeelsGoodMan:

Another also and I stop because I could write pages about how fucking dumb the fuckers are

• A lot of people are under the impression we could have just continued with the old art style for MATM and continued putting out similar releases, but it’s not as simple as that. We weren’t making custom assets at that point. We weren’t using the tools to make custom assets possible. The art style was bound to crappy tools. The quality of artists we needed didn’t want to learn a ridiculous process to achieve relatively artificial looking results, and it was clear that I couldn’t manage the workload without more help. The list goes on. It was a tough call, and not one made lightly!
This says literally nothing. Straight up. We couldnt keep on using the old art because we werent using the new one. Right. Yeh. Didnt need any more proof of the fact that you just rumble about to make it seem like you are doing something.

btftw

Dec 20, 2017
As a non-designer and person who hasn't had any experience with such software, I am curious how long does it take to develop such art as in the latest IC update?

This comment will be either turning point in his "non-real playable update" history or point of no return...

Dixiepig

Jun 27, 2017
Hey, I'm an animator/modeler/rigger and I'm very curious about this "Maya and rigging stuff" bottleneck. Do we have any more info on this?

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
Hey, I'm an animator/modeler/rigger and I'm very curious about this "Maya and rigging stuff" bottleneck. Do we have any more info on this?
Yeah, the info is that they claim it took them 2+ years to port 3 models from Daz to Maya, but apparently it has taken them about a month to make a new one in that new style for the new sca... game they are going to make.

Reactions: J103

Litoningu

Oct 1, 2018
Was trying to find somewhere I can read, at least what had this so called [Inner Circle] is all about and why is it so secretive, cost about 10 bucks each month and what can I expect.

Clearly I find the right place in a right time, seems like most opinion represent here are not much far from what I been expected for a game with development take place more then a year and not present anything to public eye about 2 years in average.

I salute to all those still keep keen eyes on this [Inner Circle] which I prefer to call IC from now on, sacrifice those bucks and willingly to share what has the devils been plot all along, you doing what only god knows where will it leads into. Please accept my utmost respect.

So in summarized :: All these IC related are just in-depth development where every significant and insignificant movement are to be report no matter how much it related to affiliation of game itself or not, so far, about throughout this year in this thread I been read of IC report, are compose with nothing that materialize into playable stage at all, instead mumbling on about technical and aesthetic workshop all day long.

I was hoping that IC would have a little bit of playable demo for testing propose on all these renewal workshop they been so proud of, good things I didn't set my hope that high.

Compare with completed game that release nowadays, this type of patronage becoming more and more of scam to my eyes, where many quality game ....well not that many but still it finished, completed, playable, enjoyable and usable, some even booming and hugely popular. Here MATM, lies a horizontal of development that has almost no hope to see it actual shape of continent within year or two, all those promising since they newly start a project had been diminishing into ground the more time pass by.

Until they officially release another actual playable demo on their [engine] they so proud of, I believe there'll be no end to IC technical bullshit that almost no one care about. They can't even handle most criticizing so well, instead shove them off and walk away.

Judging from their asset, they might try to fully animate all single movement happen in game with all those body physic, eye's angle and such, final product can be quite a magnificent one to look into but now there're no hope to stay tune for such thing at all.

nobody_666

Feb 27, 2018
Compare with completed game that release nowadays, this type of patronage becoming more and more of scam to my eyes, where many quality game ....well not that many but still it finished, completed, playable, enjoyable and usable, some even booming and hugely popular. Here MATM, lies a horizontal of development that has almost no hope to see it actual shape of continent within year or two, all those promising since they newly start a project had been diminishing into ground the more time pass by.

Until they officially release another actual playable demo on their [engine] they so proud of, I believe there'll be no end to IC technical bullshit that almost no one care about. They can't even handle most criticizing so well, instead shove them off and walk away.
The problem is not with MatM developers but with people who support them. If you pay someone for nothing, he'll get used to it after a while. I know I repeat myself, but I think there is only one chance to cut them out of the money supply and then we'll see what's going to happen.

Litoningu

Oct 1, 2018
It's remind me of ViperV's incident where nothing has been moved about full year but he still get paid from his patronage and end up blame all of them on flood disaster, I mean, it's make sense but he didn't even bother to find a way to alert his backer or even pause all of those support while he can't work on it, what else I can think other then exploitation that already happened ?

All those backing bucks may mean nothing if he happens to be in an actually flooded area until it subside, but right after that over, there're still huge amount of funds awaiting him right at Patreon gate, with a little bit of drama and soap - but in the end he just hog all of that and call it even while start anew like nothing ever happening at all. In the end of the day, flood disaster causes many tragedy but not justify his action or to be blamed for his unprogressive movement.

For the time being, now he actually working on it and we can see an actual progress for what he doing, he may able to make up for what he been done but as we always said "Can forgive, but can never forget." And seeing his real progress taking its step, it not took that long to see some real movement on what his project about to be expect even tho Chris Armin not doing Illustration for him anymore but all those leftover asset are still put to good use.

I hardly know how will Eromancer and staffs will come out to be in the end, all that I know are that, they have very poor adjustment on handling complain and criticizes and their ego keep driving them to be more and more self-centered with each day pass by.

Reactions: lifeofganado

Gnodab

Feb 4, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Alright, so this will be my last 3$ Update i am sharing with you guys, since i stopped supporting. They admitted that MatM needs more than a year to be complete from this point and i just about had enough of their Bullshit.

Onyx looks decnt enough imho, but nothing i will lose sleep over. It will be available on the Internet one way or the other.

And i will believe the "something playable in November" crap as soon as i got evidence, not a second sooner.

I originally intented to wait until Next Year January to cut my support if nothing major regarding MatM happens, which is unlikely af at this point.

There are more deserving Patreons out there.

psycohunter96

Aug 19, 2017

Alright, so this will be my last 3$ Update i am sharing with you guys, since i stopped supporting. They admitted that MatM needs more than a year to be complete from this point and i just about had enough of their Bullshit.

Onyx looks decnt enough imho, but nothing i will lose sleep over. It will be available on the Internet one way or the other.

And i will believe the "something playable in November" crap as soon as i got evidence, not a second sooner.

I originally intented to wait until Next Year January to cut my support if nothing major regarding MatM happens, which is unlikely af at this point.

There are more deserving Patreons out there.
*GOD HAS LEFT THE SERVER*:FeelsBadMan:

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
Had to delete post. Would have been to many edits after reading it in parts while I was doing shit.

Oh my, here we go:

Reactions: J103
3.70 star(s) 9 Votes