[Makura cover soft] Dungeon and Bride (alpha, upcoming, DEMO RELEASED)

FrogFrozen

Jan 9, 2018
The best NTR for me is going to be when I do everything logically correct. But that somehow leads to the bad end.
I'm kinda similar. I prefer the NTR to be this constant struggle of near misses and grazing hits until one side finally wins. Unfortunately, that means nearly everything is either way too hard or way too easy for me. It needs to be this very specific sweet spot of difficulty where we're evenly matched in nearly every encounter.

Its why I've come to prefer management-game NTR over other kinds. When its a management game, its less about whose stats are higher, throwing the match, or completely trouncing one side, and more about dealing with dilemmas that usually leave you with a small wound even if the dilemmas went the best way it could have. And its about recuperating damage while managing the other dilemmas so as not to eventually get overwhelmed. The inn-side of the NTR in this game is right up my alley in that regard.

I also hate gangbang NTR, NTR where the guy shares your girl with other men, or faceless mob NTR. Just give me actual NTR guys with characters, faces, names, they monopolize the girl(s) they catch, and have their own tastes in women that they prefer. Their own tastes so that they'll focus certain girls over others like real life competition would. That makes them feel a lot more alive to me.

Dromedari

Jan 10, 2018
I think the story in Laene suffers because the antagonist is too weak. Objectively, the MC was more powerful: he is a great strategist, he has direct command of the army and is someone admirable in the eyes of the people. He in some ways resembles Belisarius.

If the only good thing the king has is his cock and all he does is lock himself in the harem while the kingdom suffers an existential invasion, for how long would he realistically keep the throne? He only survives because he has plot armor.

You can't give supreme command of the army to a brilliant general, treat him like shit, be a mediocre king and expect nothing to happen to you. That the MC doesn't have a backbone doesn't help the overall story much.

I hope that in this game, since the plot is less epic, the antagonists are better.

sonicsd55

Dec 26, 2017
The current NTR stuff in the trial are just placeholders including the male NPCs apperance. It's the reason why sleeping at the inn is too buggy, the dev scrambled the scenario files to hide the real NTR guys appearance. The author did the same thing back during leane2, he hid who the NTR guy is until the game release.

I datamined all three versions of the trial (the 2021 demo 2, the 2022-3 play trial, and the current trial) and here's how I think the NTR is supposed to work:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm a bit curious on the first one being mandatory segment or what happens if you lose. Feel kind bad design if it's forcing. Second one sure that's fine. Third assuming it's cheating then damn just annoying as a first.

I remember playing Leane 2. I don't remember what difficulty I was playing before but I remember having ez time not getting ntr. I did throw the mage girl under the bus cause I didn't care like at all. Staying in the ice village inn is basically the only way to get cuck in the demo. I do feel like it is cheating a bit when we can create anyone ez but who knows what change from demo to full game

O_Conceito

Dec 12, 2019
I'm kinda similar. I prefer the NTR to be this constant struggle of near misses and grazing hits until one side finally wins. Unfortunately, that means nearly everything is either way too hard or way too easy for me. It needs to be this very specific sweet spot of difficulty where we're evenly matched in nearly every encounter.

Its why I've come to prefer management-game NTR over other kinds. When its a management game, its less about whose stats are higher, throwing the match, or completely trouncing one side, and more about dealing with dilemmas that usually leave you with a small wound even if the dilemmas went the best way it could have. And its about recuperating damage while managing the other dilemmas so as not to eventually get overwhelmed. The inn-side of the NTR in this game is right up my alley in that regard.

I also hate gangbang NTR, NTR where the guy shares your girl with other men, or faceless mob NTR. Just give me actual NTR guys with characters, faces, names, they monopolize the girl(s) they catch, and have their own tastes in women that they prefer. Their own tastes so that they'll focus certain girls over others like real life competition would. That makes them feel a lot more alive to me.
Which are those management-game NTR that you played and liked ? Quite curious about it.

Reactions: Extrazzz

crashdingo

Jan 25, 2018
Hello, i have found this problem.
I was storing some items in the vault, then the game lagged a bit, unfortunatly i have saved.
Now everytime i try to go to the inn this message happen and the game crashes
does someone knows how to fix it?

Sumima

Jul 8, 2018
I was storing some items in the vault, then the game lagged a bit, unfortunatly i have saved.
Are you using patch 2.05 or 2.06? Patch 2.06 fixed a bunch of issues related to the inn. If you are using 2.06 please upload your savegame file and maybe we can take a look at the issue.

crashdingo

Jan 25, 2018
Are you using patch 2.05 or 2.06? Patch 2.06 fixed a bunch of issues related to the inn. If you are using 2.06 please upload your savegame file and maybe we can take a look at the issue.
i am using version 2.06 with the ulmf mod and everthing else
i tried going with a different save
but after exploring the frozen lake (everything except the bridge, mine and the dragon itself).
no matter what, everytime i try to go to the inn the error happens (either in saphire city and the north village)

also apparently i can't send saves

Sumima

Jul 8, 2018
i am using version 2.06 with the ulmf mod and everthing else
i tried going with a different save
but after exploring the frozen lake (everything except the bridge, mine and the dragon itself).
no matter what, everytime i try to go to the inn the error happens (either in saphire city and the north village)

also apparently i can't send saves
Try uploading it to a file sharing site like

crashdingo

Jan 25, 2018
Try uploading it to a file sharing site like
nevermind i managed to fix the issue
ulmf has updated his mod.
i think most likely the issues was the extra party memebers at the inn
with the mod only 2slave can be at the inn at the same time regardless of the your party size.

Also btw any advise on how to defeat the ice dragon?
it has 3k hp and hits the whole pary with his ice breath

and do you know how to get in to the warehouse (sewer secret path) in this version, becuase it is not the same as the version 1.26?

do you also know if the treasure chest (the blue one) in Bull hidehout can be opened in any way?

thanks regardless for your help

Reactions: Extrazzz

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
There is a fixed version on ulfm, I'll update dl links tomorrow.

FrogFrozen

Jan 9, 2018
Which are those management-game NTR that you played and liked ? Quite curious about it.
Honestly, while I said that, I'm kind of in a space of "I know this is what I prefer, but I can't find any in this genre that are quite up-to-snuff." Its sort of like finding a seedling of a sub-genre that has promise, but hasn't quite made it yet and waiting for the day it finally blossoms.

The closest I've found was Welcome To The Sexy Bar!, but its still way too easy and has a lot of problems. I'm hopeful the inn management in Dungeon & Brides will be a lot closer to what I hope to eventually see. I've honestly considered the idea of modding Sexy Bar to help bring out some of its potential, but it might be easier to just make a whole new game based on a similar premise. Just with some expansions and with a lot more polish.

I can't make art or write the nitty-gritty that well, though. (I've made rough outlines of story that people seem to enjoy, but when it comes to actually making the scenes/dialogue, I'm useless.) Could spend time learning the codework for doing it, but that won't help much if I don't know if I can even find the other people necessary.

TempusAnon

Feb 25, 2019
Hi, I'm sharing the mods that I have made, one increases the amount of party members that Wildbull captures; from a maximum of 3 to now a maximum of 5.

5 Captives.png

Battle.png

Though the downside of this mod is that the initial fights are harder, as I had to increase the amount of members at the beginning to fix some bugs, so any more experienced programmers are welcome to modify this to be easier.

Also I have made a mod to allow the MC to select the female locked Bard class for any of those who want to jingle some merry tunes.
Bard Class.png

Download:

Patch 5 is the increase captive mod
Patch 6 is the bard mod
Patch 7 is an all-in-one pack

FrogFrozen

Jan 9, 2018
Now after seeing both Gnome and Sylph topless, I'm wondering about art mods. To make them properly flat since they're supposed to be Lolies. (MakuraCover got its start with Loli NTR. However, they've been gradually embiggenning the Lolies' cup sizes with each game as things get more hostile. I'm an actual child rape victim and even I think the hysteria over Lolicon is fucking stupid. And bullying a group out of making what they want to make is just as dumb.)

Feels like art mods are harder to get together than code mods, though.

Reactions: shlanker

Progenitor

Jul 10, 2018
I think the story in Laene suffers because the antagonist is too weak. Objectively, the MC was more powerful: he is a great strategist, he has direct command of the army and is someone admirable in the eyes of the people. He in some ways resembles Belisarius.

If the only good thing the king has is his cock and all he does is lock himself in the harem while the kingdom suffers an existential invasion, for how long would he realistically keep the throne? He only survives because he has plot armor.

You can't give supreme command of the army to a brilliant general, treat him like shit, be a mediocre king and expect nothing to happen to you. That the MC doesn't have a backbone doesn't help the overall story much.

I hope that in this game, since the plot is less epic, the antagonists are better.
I always laugh at the "why didn't Ares just kill the Holy King of Holy Kingdom?" questions. It doesn't matter that he was a shit king, he was THE king. Appointed by magic crest tradition. Ares had no support among the nobility and the public didn't know of him either, his achievements were the kings achievements. Ares was a loyal subject of the kingdom. That doesn't mean he had no backbone, he was a loyal and just general.

Baroque's harem plan was objectively correct as a means to ensure that nothing like what happened before with Ludwig and the previous kings would ever happen again, where the kingdom nearly lost the ability to produce a Holy King.