Unity Completed Making Movies [v0.9.15] [Droid Productions]

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Hello dev, is there a way to skip the loading screen at the beginning my android device seems to force close the application during that time.
Thanks!
Sadly it's loading the assets, so no way to skip. The crash likely is caused by too much RAM being taken up; I ended up having to do a fair bit of optimization on the engine for Love of Magic to get it to play nicely with Android devices, obviously that hasn't back-ported into Making Movies. I'd more or less forgotten about it until someone updated the thread and bumped it back on the New Releases radar :)

Bully27

Dec 17, 2018
Sadly it's loading the assets, so no way to skip. The crash likely is caused by too much RAM being taken up; I ended up having to do a fair bit of optimization on the engine for Love of Magic to get it to play nicely with Android devices, obviously that hasn't back-ported into Making Movies. I'd more or less forgotten about it until someone updated the thread and bumped it back on the New Releases radar :)
OK thanks for the reply.
I thought my phone was acting funny but it just that the requirements are high.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Found it. For reasons best known to myself (and I don't know), I set that event to only trigger in the *evening*. So go to the Gym in the evening, and she should be there.

1585128856125.png

1585128874211.png

Reactions: NotoriousBigCock

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017

NotEnoughHats

Mar 27, 2019
First time playing this game... and I feel like I'm hitting a lot of dead ends. All my stats (except Smarts) are in double digits, I had a scene with Mia, Chloe and the doctor, I read every book and took every university class and the story will not progress, i'm not getting emails. I can't send emails. The phone doesn't work. No one is spawning at any location except for the barista and the gym trainer. I also purchased every purchaseable item in the online catalog.

What am I doing wrong? o_O

Edit: I also read the "Plans" section and it tells me stuff I have already done and not stuff I should be doing next.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
First time playing this game... and I feel like I'm hitting a lot of dead ends. All my stats (except Smarts) are in double digits, I had a scene with Mia, Chloe and the doctor, I read every book and took every university class and the story will not progress, i'm not getting emails. I can't send emails. The phone doesn't work. No one is spawning at any location except for the barista and the gym trainer. I also purchased every purchaseable item in the online catalog.

What am I doing wrong? o_O

Edit: I also read the "Plans" section and it tells me stuff I have already done and not stuff I should be doing next.
Mia tells you to meet her at the University in the Evening, have you done that set of quests? That eventually leads into her next movie, and the dates.

Here's an FAQ that guides you through most of the optional events in the game:

NotEnoughHats

Mar 27, 2019
Thanks for being a kind Dev.

I did go to the University in the evening. She doesn't show up. The 'chat with students' button has not worked the entire game so far as well.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Thanks for being a kind Dev.

I did go to the University in the evening. She doesn't show up. The 'chat with students' button has not worked the entire game so far as well.
That's curious. She should show up there in the mornings when you're studying (after 3-4 lessons), then you should be able to chat with her about her course and yours, then finally she should tell you that she's studying in the library in the evening.

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes