4.00 star(s) 10 Votes

jaredh72

Apr 26, 2017
I am actually working on making a longer game right now. I still don't want to make an episodic game, or make one project that goes through eternal development, but I am trying to expand into making bigger projects with the help of a slightly larger team.
I assume you are referring to Mahou Mating there? Really like what you've already shown for it, and can't wait for it to come out. Already preordered it months ago.

Belgerum

Visual Novel Dev
Game Developer
Mar 29, 2018
I assume you are referring to Mahou Mating there? Really like what you've already shown for it, and can't wait for it to come out. Already preordered it months ago.
I am. Thanks for your support, and I hope it lives up to your expectations.

Arbelbyss

Dec 18, 2018
So the endings I got on this
Ending 1- Cruel Mistress
Basically lose to her on purpose at the beginning
Ending 2 - Twisted Love
Lose to her after gaining some of her good graces or get defeated around stage 4 or 5.... that's what it felt like
Ending 3 - Abduction
Go on about power or the like and beat her
Ending 4 - The New Master
Beat her after you've gone through the complimentary route in dialogue

Ending 5 and 6.... are they related to a hard mode in this game if there is one? Are they related to the second page in Scene Replay and CG Gallery. I'm still experimenting in how to attain it, I still have to try blending complements with mocking or complements with power dialogue.

Belgerum

Visual Novel Dev
Game Developer
Mar 29, 2018
Ending 5 and 6.... are they related to a hard mode in this game if there is one? Are they related to the second page in Scene Replay and CG Gallery. I'm still experimenting in how to attain it, I still have to try blending complements with mocking or complements with power dialogue.
Every choice in the game has three options, one that leads to ending 4, one to 5, and one to 6. To get endings 5 and 6, avoid picking anything you used to get ending 4. There is no hard mode, or anything preventing you from getting these endings on your first playthrough.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ianuda

Hentai7777

Jul 22, 2018
So Game Seems to be unbeatable on stage 4 ive littlerly tried everything i can ive tried to bolt her bait out a shled but nothing works its gotten to the point that any amount of damage i dish out she just reheals from it so at this moment fuck this game its not worth my time
same but a demo from what i has read.

Vanndril

Jul 12, 2018
I absolutely loved this. Holy crap, both the hypnosis and love endings really caught me. I was genuinely surprised how wrapped up in the love ending I ended up. Having it be so sappy, and having the characters know that it's sappy and joke a bit about it just enough to where it only enhances the mood only made it all the better.

Belgerum, if you see this, by any chance, was the combat system inspired by an obscure Steam game titled Helen's Mysterious Castle? The Atk, Def, and Wait being tied to action choice during 1v1 combat is precisely how that game's combat functioned, so the combat system you used here felt extremely familiar going in. I adored Helen's Mysterious Castle and its combat system, so the similarities with this game's stuck out immediately.

Xarric's speech patterns and personality also really reminded me of Ergo from Anima Gate of Memories (also on Steam), who is a similar character archetype. But I feel like this was just coincidence.

Belgerum

Visual Novel Dev
Game Developer
Mar 29, 2018
I absolutely loved this. Holy crap, both the hypnosis and love endings really caught me. I was genuinely surprised how wrapped up in the love ending I ended up. Having it be so sappy, and having the characters know that it's sappy and joke a bit about it just enough to where it only enhances the mood only made it all the better.

Belgerum, if you see this, by any chance, was the combat system inspired by an obscure Steam game titled Helen's Mysterious Castle? The Atk, Def, and Wait being tied to action choice during 1v1 combat is precisely how that game's combat functioned, so the combat system you used here felt extremely familiar going in. I adored Helen's Mysterious Castle and its combat system, so the similarities with this game's stuck out immediately.

Xarric's speech patterns and personality also really reminded me of Ergo from Anima Gate of Memories (also on Steam), who is a similar character archetype. But I feel like this was just coincidence.
Glad to hear you enjoyed!

Yes, HMC was a huge inspiration for the combat system. I really wish other games used similar strategic combat system types, and wanted to put a bit of my own spin on it. I'm unlikely to try similar things again though, considering how much feedback I've gotten about how difficult, hard to understand, and unbalanced Magebuster was.

I've never seen the anime you mentioned, so yes, that's purely coincidence. I was just trying to make a cool voice with the resources I had, and I'm not too versatile as a voice actor myself, so it just kind of turned out campy and pretentious. XD

Vanndril

Jul 12, 2018
Yes, HMC was a huge inspiration for the combat system. I really wish other games used similar strategic combat system types, and wanted to put a bit of my own spin on it. I'm unlikely to try similar things again though, considering how much feedback I've gotten about how difficult, hard to understand, and unbalanced Magebuster was.
Knew it! I also loved that combat system and wanted to see other games use it, so I was very happy to see it again here. It practically transported me back to my time playing HMC, and I found myself adopting similar combat strategies. I'm kind of surprised people found it difficult to understand and unbalanced, though. Such a shame.

I've never seen the anime you mentioned, so yes, that's purely coincidence. I was just trying to make a cool voice with the resources I had, and I'm not too versatile as a voice actor myself, so it just kind of turned out campy and pretentious. XD
Heh. Understandable. And to be fair, campy and pretentious is the best combination for overpowered characters.

Though the title is "Anima Gate of Memories", a game on Steam, not an anime titled Gate of Memories. ;)

Ergo is an extremely powerful spirit trapped in a tome who devours his partner's identity (their name and just their name literally disappears from existence, including their own and everyone else's memories) in return for creating a contract with her and, essentially, becoming her familiar. His personality is a lot like Xarric, and he goes through a similar story arc in being a total cynical hardass wrapped in a veil of sarcasm but somehow finding himself intrigued by and starting to care about her. He frequently teases her with sexual innuendo (though she responds more with exasperation than Sophia's glorious reactions) and frequently calls her "babe" in much the same way Xarric calls Sophia "girl".

It didn't take me long to feel like I was watching Ergo banter again when playing this. That's never a bad thing. :p

Ianuda

Nov 14, 2020
This game is sublime! Magic femdom! A visual novel with a fighting system! No tutorial, but the dialogue lines matter! A cute mage girl Sophia! Both characters (so far) fully voiced in English!

I'll give 5 stars in an unspecified amount of time, I promise.

Edit. Update! After abusing my mouse for half an hour, I finally broke the code of the duel! And that's while misunderstanding what the numbers at the top are! (They actually pertain to the spell "selected" (not really selected) and not to the character.) I didn't know I had enough IQ! The code to beat her is:

You basically have to know the cast times of the spells, and react accordingly. Wise! I had to do it, as she only accepts the most skillful of gamers.

Edit#2. I'm at the brink of my IQ. It was merely Phase 3 (Ending 2). Phase 4 is far harder. I have discovered that "Skip" can be turned on during the fight. Here are my findings:

Edit#3. Phase 5 - I think, I brute forced it with
as I had plenty of HP left.

Edit#4. Ending 3 is maledom (fix yo tags, plox), don't bother.

Edit#5. Now I have called upon the powers of cyberspace, and lay my eyes upon a ! 3 more endings. My critique of the game will thus be the unintuitive order of the words the player must choose to reach the alternative finales. These are:

Edit#6. Phase 4 of the Romantic Ending differs from the original! I was required to time the cast with utmost skill and proficiency!

This is basically my "stream", my walkthrough, alright? Nobody has cared for this thread for 3 months anyway. Whereas I accept no help!

Edit#7. I wonder whether it is Belgerum's cautionary tale on the hardships and dangers of magic? If so, this game also serves didactic ends!

Last edited:

Khaitoh

Feb 28, 2018

Works except the love route....

So here’s what I found that works,

Boast about my power >
Ice Shard, repeat Shield and Shockbolt until next phase >
Impressive > relieve boredom >
(Here’s what changed)repeat Ice, Fireball, Heal,until next phase >
Her book > You’re not someone special >
Edit:
Found an Easier (to remember) path (lol) for Phase 3:
Fire, repeat Heal, Shield, Shock, until next phase and spam Shock to win.
Enjoy Love Route for Rin and Angry Manjew, I mean Sophia and Xarric XD

Last edited:

Shy Spy

Oct 8, 2020
Jesus, Mary, and Moses! NEVER has a game made me more BALL BUSTINGLY ANGRY than this one has. Whoever developed the a.i. for this game, shove your rubber banding bullshit, up your ass AND CHOKE ON IT!!!

Reactions: Preach
4.00 star(s) 10 Votes