VN Ren'Py Lyla's Curse [v0.1.52] [Voodoo Monkey]

4.10 star(s) 20 Votes

Dunfion

Nov 4, 2017
Interesting prologue with a cadre of entertaining characters. Sock steals the show so far. Definitely worth keeping an eye on, I'll be looking forward to see how you make the open world work after the intro. Artwork is excellent, and a very nice change from those that lazily use the same characters everyone else is using! Thank you for your upload.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
That's a lot of praise already! I'm really digging the sample art. Yup, guess I'm gonna have to jump into this one too! *Caves to peer pressure* You guys are cool though; so all good. ;D

Moisturehead

Jul 6, 2017
Really good for an intro. Does everything it needs to do. Introduces protagonist, a few supporting characters, and the basic premise of the game. Lovely art style as well (Reminds me of Rat Queens). Looking forward to seeing this develop.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Really good for an intro. Does everything it needs to do. Introduces protagonist, a few supporting characters, and the basic premise of the game. Lovely art style as well (Reminds me of Rat Queens). Looking forward to seeing this develop.
Sold! My man, that was a well-thought out post. I love me some Rat Queens too! (I even own many of the books.) I tried to grab this game earlier but lost power due to a storm. The Patreon page looks pretty good too. Alright, I need to squash some of these games; I'm getting a backlog here, lol!

Reactions: VoodooMonkey

Moisturehead

Jul 6, 2017
Sold! My man, that was a well-thought out post. I love me some Rat Queens too! (I even own many of the books.) I tried to grab this game earlier but lost power due to a storm. The Patreon page looks pretty good too. Alright, I need to squash some of these games; I'm getting a backlog here, lol!
There have been a number of pretty promising games recently. Hopefully, they all get the development they need to be really good.

VoodooMonkey

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
Oh wow, I'm so glad you guys enjoyed my initial release! Coincidentally I just stumbled onto this forum and even more coincidentally saw this post. @.@
I'm working steadily right improve what I have and get new content out.

So just curious, how many of you guys clicked on the book under Lyla's bed?

Aug 6, 2016
Oh wow, I'm so glad you guys enjoyed my initial release! Coincidentally I just stumbled onto this forum and even more coincidentally saw this post. @.@

your game seems very promising, keep it up m8.

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017

I did, because the game said something was lying under the bed in some other discussion. It wasn't that hard to find honestly.

Sploop

Nov 13, 2017

I found it before sock mentioned it, cause I'm kinda paranoid about missing stuff in games like that.
Really enjoying what's there so far, glad to see some more well drawn and written stuff.
All the 3d games get tiring, man.

Pokpolx Xiluro

Aug 6, 2017
Indeed very promising release. Art is good and writing is decent, with what looks like a nice story (at least original). For a prologue, with a lot of polish. I'll be looking forward to updates.

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
It's a good prologue. My only criticism is of the art. I really like the art style in general. It manages to be both funny and visually appealing. That said, the artist should be aware that the main character is the (so far, only) erotic draw of the game. That means that, at least in some scenes, the style for her cannot be comical. For instance, during the blowjob scene, her face needs to look pretty. Right now the blowjob looks more like it would hurt than feel good, and her nose is all angular in an unappealing way.

So, the quality of the artwork is good, but (from what little there is to judge) it doesn't always have the sexiness it should have.

VoodooMonkey

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
It's a good prologue. My only criticism is of the art. I really like the art style in general. It manages to be both funny and visually appealing. That said, the artist should be aware that the main character is the (so far, only) erotic draw of the game. That means that, at least in some scenes, the style for her cannot be comical. For instance, during the blowjob scene, her face needs to look pretty. Right now the blowjob looks more like it would hurt than feel good, and her nose is all angular in an unappealing way.

So, the quality of the artwork is good, but (from what little there is to judge) it doesn't always have the sexiness it should have.
Thanks man! I agree, I'm still a little new to drawing sensual scenes but am working on it :)

Sirrah

Sep 17, 2017
Thanks man! I agree, I'm still a little new to drawing sensual scenes but am working on it :)
Hey, Voodoo Monkey, I think the art is great, sex scenes and all, and I love the writing. Looking forward to more, and hoping to toss some $$$ your way.

4.10 star(s) 20 Votes